The Hunt For A Cyproheptadine Alternative Begins...

Superhumaness

For consistent, restful sleep, DS has a better effect (for me personally).

Cyproheptadine I use more so 1x a week when I’ve gone through many days of stress.

to give you a better picture, right now I’m going through a high stress period in my life due to a number of factors: losing my dad, being there for my mom, worldly situations, and being apart of a couple business ventures.

so on a week to week basis, I work Sunday-Friday then shut everything down on Saturday. However, sometimes stressful events pop up during the week that leaves me with challenging sleep. On a normal nightly basis, DS is perfect. However, when I have a rough patch, sleep is challenging regardless. Again, it’s because it’s a high stress time in my life.

when I have a rough patch, I’ll go a night or 2 with rough sleep then still have to perform during the day. So as you can imagine, serotonin starts building. When this happens, the Cyproheptadine at 2-4mg is extremely valuable to help me bounce back. If I did it on a nightly basis for general sleep, it doesn’t have that much of an effect at this point. But for my bounce backs, yes, it’s great that I have it.

last night I got home from work after a long week and I literally laid on my back like a snow angel, took cypro, then listened to some soothing sounds, and within 10 minutes I was out. When I woke this morning, it was a knew sense of calmness after the week.

For other people, I know cypro works wonders for sleep. I also think what I like about DS is that you can get it anywhere and it has really powerful effects.

hope this gives you a good frame.
what is DS?

loess

Doxylamine succinate

InChristAlone

I think that all drugs end up being liver damaging in the long run. The silent killer. Best to use as resets for when life gets too overwhelming.

K

Kayaker

I think that all drugs end up being liver damaging in the long run. The silent killer. Best to use as resets for when life gets too overwhelming.
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned famotidine.

InChristAlone

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned famotidine.

Yes famotidine is one of the good ones. I did trial it for myself though and found that it inhibited stomach acid too much for me. Which could lead to backing up of digestion, which worsens liver health in the long run.

Brandin

Yes famotidine is one of the good ones. I did trial it for myself though and found that it inhibited stomach acid too much for me. Which could lead to backing up of digestion, which worsens liver health in the long run.
well there are plenty of things wich dont worsen liver health. I think the idea that supplement must have side effects are retarded. If they do something problematic the do, but otherwise they dont...

InChristAlone

well there are plenty of things wich dont worsen liver health. I think the idea that supplement must have side effects are retarded. If they do something problematic the do, but otherwise they dont...
I'm just speaking of synthesized chemicals, not supplements as a whole. I don't know of any drugs that don't have side effects do you? Even aspirin does when taken for long periods. Tinnitus is one of the long term sides. Although aspirin is probably one of the safest chemicals out there. Some are definitely way worse than others. Cypro works like a miracle for me when I'm overwhelmed and need sleep, but if taken everyday causes low dopamine as it antagonizes a dopamine receptor and just impairs my cognition over time. I even almost got in an accident while on it for an extended period like 1 yr. It also is well known to cause weight gain around the middle which is very indicative of liver issues. My liver enzymes went up for the first time in my life while on it. At just .5-1 mg a day. Went back down to normal when I went off it. That's not to say it can't be useful, many drugs are useful. Some even lifesaving. Some may be operating as hormetic.

AlbertScent5G

This thread discusses Clemastine, could be a potential alternative in also being a first generation antihistamine

(OTC Anti-histamines With Anti-serotonin Action)

It's got some chlorine in there though, I wonder if it could break down into chloroform-type substances during its metabolism.

And from what I've read, it might be challenging to get for those who live in certain countries.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom