The High Dopamine & Histamine Personality

InChristAlone

so it’s still possible ;)

im pretty sure I’m high histamine , cause everything anti histamine helps my symptoms and when I , for example , take l histidine my symptoms get crazy shortly after.
I assume low stomach acid , cause food stays in my stomach forever sometimes and taking things that increase stomach acid help with this.

but yeah, I’m zinc deficient. No idea if b- vitamin deficient cause blood tests are confusing. They never showed deficient though.

copper and zinc deficient. Ceruloplasmin and DAO too.
Taking 40 mg zinc sulfate and 6-12 mg copper daily for half a year and still deficient.
Symptoms are hard to understand with histamine. But like redsun says low stomach acid is low histamine. For me taking a couple doses of histidine hcl I get way faster stomach emptying for several days. Then it wears off and I need to take more.

Motif

Symptoms are hard to understand with histamine. But like redsun says low stomach acid is low histamine. For me taking a couple doses of histidine hcl I get way faster stomach emptying for several days. Then it wears off and I need to take more.

one capsule l histidine and my skin starts to freak out more than from most stuff. There even was some liquid stuff coming out of my chin. Same stuff that came out of my scalp from smoked oysters

golder

im pretty sure I’m high histamine , cause everything anti histamine helps my symptoms and when I , for example , take l histidine my symptoms get crazy shortly after.
I assume low stomach acid , cause food stays in my stomach forever sometimes and taking things that increase stomach acid help with this.

but yeah, I’m zinc deficient. No idea if b- vitamin deficient cause blood tests are confusing. They never showed deficient though.

Taking 40 mg zinc sulfate and 6-12 mg copper daily for half a year and still deficient.
Do we know what reasons it might be behind taking zinc and it still not curing a deficiency? Could it be some kind of cofactor or something?

redsun

Histidine chelates copper and zinc out of the body so not good if you want to maintain levels or raise them. You need to take B-vitamins. Tests are irrelevant since if they are below range in blood you basically be near dead and it says nothing of levels in the tissues. You likely cannot deal with minerals correctly because you are low in B-vitamins and you keep piling on minerals which is making it worse. Digestion is dependent on acetylcholine not just histamine which depends on B-vitamin cofactors to form acetyl-CoA which is a component acetylcholine. They also are necessary to increase CO2 production, also vital for digestion via carbonic anhydrase.

You can go to your local pharmacy if you live in America. CVS, walgreens, etc have a super B-complex you can take which has decent ratios of vitamins. (25mg B1, 20mg B2, 25mg B3, 5mg B5, 5mg B6 if I remember correctly). Or you can try Thornes basic B-complex which you have to order online which has active forms which may be necessary if non-active forms do not work.

"Zinc absorption and retention were greater during vitamin B-6 depletion but serum zinc declined, suggesting that absorbed zinc was not available for utilization. Copper absorption was lower during vitamin B-6 depletion but serum copper was not affected and balance was positive. Iron absorption was not impaired significantly by vitamin B-6-deficient diets but status may have declined. The results suggest that vitamin B-6 depletion of young women may alter zinc metabolism, inhibit copper absorption, and affect iron status. The effects of vitamin B-6 depletion differ markedly among these elements."

You could have poor digestion so you cant absorb any minerals, or you have taken too much and you have manifestations of mineral excess, or likely you need to take B-vitamins and stop taking so many minerals.

DAO is a riboflavin and copper dependent enzyme, not just copper. Methylation of histamine in the nervous system depends on B-vitamins to recycle SAM.

InChristAlone

I know Peat doesn't like bananas or thinks they are allergenic but they are staple food in many parts of the world. And an excellent source of vitamin B6. I eat 1-2 every single morning. I think supplementing B6 could get dicey.

redsun

I know Peat doesn't like bananas or thinks they are allergenic but they are staple food in many parts of the world. And an excellent source of vitamin B6. I eat 1-2 every single morning. I think supplementing B6 could get dicey.
Its risky if you are taking large doses of the pyridoxine version without B2. Or its just too much pyridoxine in general which inhibits B6 metabolism. Pyridoxal 5 phosphate is not risky and doesnt need B2 and will not inhibit B6 metabolism. The risk comes from pyridoxine overload.

Motif

Histidine chelates copper and zinc out of the body so not good if you want to maintain levels or raise them. You need to take B-vitamins. Tests are irrelevant since if they are below range in blood you basically be near dead and it says nothing of levels in the tissues. You likely cannot deal with minerals correctly because you are low in B-vitamins and you keep piling on minerals which is making it worse. Digestion is dependent on acetylcholine not just histamine which depends on B-vitamin cofactors to form acetyl-CoA which is a component acetylcholine. They also are necessary to increase CO2 production, also vital for digestion via carbonic anhydrase.

You can go to your local pharmacy if you live in America. CVS, walgreens, etc have a super B-complex you can take which has decent ratios of vitamins. (25mg B1, 20mg B2, 25mg B3, 5mg B5, 5mg B6 if I remember correctly). Or you can try Thornes basic B-complex which you have to order online which has active forms which may be necessary if non-active forms do not work.

"Zinc absorption and retention were greater during vitamin B-6 depletion but serum zinc declined, suggesting that absorbed zinc was not available for utilization. Copper absorption was lower during vitamin B-6 depletion but serum copper was not affected and balance was positive. Iron absorption was not impaired significantly by vitamin B-6-deficient diets but status may have declined. The results suggest that vitamin B-6 depletion of young women may alter zinc metabolism, inhibit copper absorption, and affect iron status. The effects of vitamin B-6 depletion differ markedly among these elements."

You could have poor digestion so you cant absorb any minerals, or you have taken too much and you have manifestations of mineral excess, or likely you need to take B-vitamins and stop taking so many minerals.

DAO is a riboflavin and copper dependent enzyme, not just copper. Methylation of histamine in the nervous system depends on B-vitamins to recycle SAM.
Thanks!
But when I have taken too much minerals , why are zinc and copper still low?
i haven’t taken too much other minerals.

So I should try a good b complex and keep going with zinc and copper?

Monday I will get my results of my last blood test. (Zinc copper. Let’s see.)

but still something is wrong with my digestion. It always has been slow. Every few days since I can remember. Only when I take high dosed Ascorbic acid and / or magnesium I’m pretty much regularly / daily.

redsun

Thanks!
But when I have taken too much minerals , why are zinc and copper still low?
i haven’t taken too much other minerals.

So I should try a good b complex and keep going with zinc and copper?

Monday I will get my results of my last blood test. (Zinc copper. Let’s see.)

but still something is wrong with my digestion. It always has been slow. Every few days since I can remember. Only when I take high dosed Ascorbic acid and / or magnesium I’m pretty much regularly / daily.

I showed you a study showing low B6 leading to low serum zinc levels. So yes take B-vitamins. This should also improve your digestion and motility. That is the whole point I am getting at.

Motif

I showed you a study showing low B6 leading to low serum zinc levels. So yes take B-vitamins. This should also improve your digestion and motility. That is the whole point I am getting at.
Ok thanks. I’ll try. Any other idea why my levels could not go up if this ain’t it ?

redsun

Ok thanks. I’ll try. Any other idea why my levels could not go up if this ain’t it ?
This is it. The only other explanation is your toxic in metals from taking so many and maybe should try giving blood. But because you never really tried B-vitamins before I am pretty confident this is your problem.

Motif

This is it. The only other explanation is your toxic in metals from taking so many and maybe should try giving blood. But because you never really tried B-vitamins before I am pretty confident this is your problem.
I didn’t take anything for years. Nothing. And still was low.

and I remember I was taking a b complex for pretty long time and still it didn’t improve. I’ll add it now again ; but I don’t think that’s it.
Pretty devastating to not know what’s causing this

@redsun

i think this was the one i took.

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article @Hans ! I've noticed this symptom of high histamine:

"Long and slender fingers. Second toe is often longer than big toe"

My fingers are very slender so that checks. However, my second toe is a hammer toe where it curls all the way down, to the point that the nail is in full contact with the ground when I walk. If try straighting it out, however much I can, it easily passes my big toe. Dose this still fit with this symptom? And does histamine have anything to do with this hammering effect? I've had it since I was a little kid and most of the high histamine symptoms seem to fit with me even as a kid.
Yes it does fit the symptoms, but I don't know if histamine is involved in toe hammering. I haven't seen anything on that before.
Histamine does play a big role in development during your growth phases. So if someone was low histamine up until 25 and then went high histamine, I don't think it will change much of how they look.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals