The Hidden Truth About Aspirin

whit

So what's the purported 'healing effect' of this synthetic substance called aspirin ?
Blocking a normal enzyme cascade in the human body is not healing. The body is doing the cascade for a reason. Why block it ?. Is there a new 'aspirin deficiency' out there with humans ? THen are we needing to get 'sufficiency ' of this synthetic now? ?

I understand the palliative care side of this OTC drug ie. pain reduction reasons whether acute or chronic and maybe for short term use as thinner but as a 'supplement' and long term use and the body's innate healing response ? What are the long term use side effects for this synthetic enzyme inhibitor ?
Is this just another way for people to continue with damaging foods and lifestyles habits and not have to feel the after-effects much like taking an anti-hypertensive ? Willthe cells develop a tolerance and require higher and higher dosage over time ?
Inflammation is stage one of the healing response so wouldn't this synthetic be a way of pushing the problem deeper into the body ? into another system that then would require a higher power substance or dosage of the synthetic ?
I get where you're coming from. Natural biological processes are there for a reason.
I believe the use of asprin is an attempt to halt a damaging inflamatory biological process.
The "thinning" effect is merely a side effect of the process. The body seems to get swept up in a survival mode and sometimes It can be difficult to transition back out, especially if ones been locked in that mode for some time.
It's a gentle push compared to most other pharmaceutical options.

Guyfranke

I get where you're coming from. Natural biological processes are there for a reason.
I believe the use of asprin is an attempt to halt a damaging inflamatory biological process.
The "thinning" effect is merely a side effect of the process. The body seems to get swept up in a survival mode and sometimes It can be difficult to transition back out, especially if ones been locked in that mode for some time.
It's a gentle push compared to most other pharmaceutical options.
YEs ... that makes sense.

TreasureVibe

I'm not an avid aspirin user, but appreciate the measurable improvements to health and wellbeing from ingestion. Some forum members have seemingly had significant problems with aspirin.

In particular, this interpretation of John Vane's research was interesting. Is this theory bunk? I might look at his work myself further, but those with more comprehensive knowledge of aspirin may be helpful.

See here for the full article.
I don't like how aspirin/salicin decreases kidney function, can any Peater comment on this?

ddjd

That's my first impression too (public relation campaign). I'm not sure what percentage of forum members take aspirin as a supplement, but I bet it's quite low. It's always possible Peat got something wrong. Sometimes I find it difficult to accept aspirin can have such potent health benefits, without any significant drawbacks. Have you read John Vane's aspirin studies, or do you know where I could find something he's done?
Id suspect a very large number of forum members take Aspirin, what makes you think otherwise

Back
Top Bottom