The health effects of 1 - 2 drinks daily

I thought you were insinuating me, Rinse & rePeat, lost my weight in my, "Lose Fat Not Pounds" thread by drinking alcohol. If that is not what you meant then surely you can see where your post read wrong?

It wasn't sarcastic. Its a common phrase in this case used to suggest a vicious spiral.

The post by equipose was a good one, I gave an example. Relax and have a drink why don't you.
See you aren't even trying to be nice. I will look forward to my cocktails this weekend, and you go back to your recliner and game show. Let's call no harm done :)

OP
J

Jack Earth

Mr.Chibbs I tried :/
It's hard to be as unaffected as chibbs he has probably worked on that a long time.
Maybe ledo is the alternate account of go find another hard drug guy.
Interestingly all of go find a hard drugs posts were to you and he's been a member since 2017

It's hard to be as unaffected as chibbs he has probably worked on that a long time.
Interestingly all of go find a hard drugs posts were to you and he's been a member since 2017
I know and I am healthiest of the bunch!! Well I am the newbie and maybe they are feeling me out, which am fine with. I wasn't thinking the "hard drugs" comment was aimed at me, but more aimed towards "us". I just didn't like the insult toward you guys. I don't react well either if you put Ray Peat down on this forum either. Oh it's a show ?

It was PeskyPeater....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-163831_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-163831_Outlook.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 11
OP
J

Jack Earth

I know and I am healthiest of the bunch!! Well I am the newbie and maybe they are feeling me out, which am fine with. I wasn't thinking the "hard drugs" comment was aimed at me, but more aimed towards "us". I just didn't like the insult toward you guys. I don't react well either if you put Ray Peat down on this forum either. Oh it's a show ?
Yes there shouldnt be personal insults.
Looks like they have "both" backed off. You handled it well without being insulting in return.

Ledo

I thought you were insinuating me, Rinse & rePeat, lost my weight in my, "Lose Fat Not Pounds" thread by drinking alcohol. If that is not what you meant then surely you can see where your post read wrong?
Well I don't read most of your threads and even when I do I skim them to see if its mostly gabbing with other posters so I was unaware of your weight loss strategy when I made my first post in this thread. Anyway, does it matter if I read it or not? You posted a picture of yourself here using it as evidence the alchohol consumption proposed in this thread can be healthy, peaty even so considering you look nice abd trim I would not have needed your thread to make referece to you which I was not doing btw again. But since you want nice let me explain a little further, I think that should unhurt the feelings.

You have nice recipes but this is really a very serious subject and way above any personalities or poster date inception fun stuff. @equipoise made a very important point as well as peskypeater but I would have left it alone if it were not for your rather splashing presentation of how ok, cool really, it is to have a couple of drinks and still look like the hottie you are, (seriously). But you are a peat fan and know the drills i.e. ditch the stress hormones, eat the nutrition, shed the inflamation, etc, etc and maybe the most important thing, don't eat the pufa, but when you do, for God in heaven don't eat the pufa and drink alcohol!

Other wanna be hotties don't know this stuff and this blog post might be around for 50 years read by thousands of women that many of whom may be old fashioned yoyo dieters and stuck in the vicious cycle I described in my first post, So I took the opportunity to tie together what equipose said and the terrible epidemic of the ZOMBIE woman white wine drinker I see raging through the nation with you who is doing it right.

In the end I think this places you at the center of the way out of this mess for these women. You come out being the heroin by showing them they have the right idea but have to adopt the teachings of an old white hopefully ex-communist male named ray. I for one think you are up for the challenge. You can be our secret weapon. Typing on the website with mostly adolescent males and Agents, cia, fbi, moose odd, rus, persian, china axis, etc is not working. Its up to you agent rePeat!

OP
J

Jack Earth

Thanks ? i always feel responsible for the threads I start and you have handled your well!
Thanks. This place seems pretty self moderated so we have to use our judgement when someone gets too personal. I'd let his posts go on deaf ears at this point and focus on more productive posts that aren't personal attacks on you.

Well I don't read most of your threads and even when I do I skim them to see if its mostly gabbing with other posters so I was unaware of your weight loss strategy when I made my first post in this thread. Anyway, does it matter if I read it or not? You posted a picture of yourself here using it as evidence the alchohol consumption proposed in this thread can be healthy, peaty even so considering you look nice abd trim I would not have needed your thread to make referece to you which I was not doing btw again. But since you want nice let me explain a little further, I think that should unhurt the feelings.

You have nice recipes but this is really a very serious subject and way above any personalities or poster date inception fun stuff. @equipoise made a very important point as well as peskypeater but I would have left it alone if it were not for your rather splashing presentation of how ok, cool really, it is to have a couple of drinks and still look like the hottie you are, (seriously). But you are a peat fan and know the drills i.e. ditch the stress hormones, eat the nutrition, shed the inflamation, etc, etc and maybe the most important thing, don't eat the pufa, but when you do, for God in heaven don't eat the pufa and drink alcohol!

Other wanna be hotties don't know this stuff and this blog post might be around for 50 years read by thousands of women that many of whom may be old fashioned yoyo dieters and stuck in the vicious cycle I described in my first post, So I took the opportunity to tie together what equipose said and the terrible epidemic of the ZOMBIE woman white wine drinker I see raging through the nation with you who is doing it right.

In the end I think this places you at the center of the way out of this mess for these women. You come out being the heroin by showing them they have the right idea but have to adopt the teachings of an old white hopefully ex-communist male named ray. I for one think you are up for the challenge. You can be our secret weapon. Typing on the website with mostly adolescent males and Agents, cia, fbi, moose odd, rus, persian, china axis, etc is not working. Its up to you agent rePeat!
Wow I don't think your saying any of this helped you, but it certainly did me! I am not on this forum to tell people what to do, whether is about coronavirus, vaccines, PUFA's or starches. I am here to be a support, to those who came on this site wanting Ray Peat information, not to push my agenda, judgement or frustrations. RAY has never condemned white alcohol. He has said maybe two things about it, and the worst was that it can be estrogenic. Yet he says dozens and dozens of negative things about PUFA's and starches yet "judgemetal" people who are griping about a splinter have got a huge board in their eye shoveling it in, or watching unintelligent tv shows and God knows what else is lurking. The people that are on this thread watching their diet to be able to enjoy a couple of cocktails don't need mommy and daddy schooling them, or maybe grandpa and grandpa? I talk to people, I don't control who talks to me. If you want to get your nose into my business watching who I talk to, cia, FBI, agents (?!!!) then it would have behooved you to notice I rarely chime in on a thread that is already started unless someone needs words of encouragement. I answer people that are ignored. I am not here to to be a heroin and tell people they can't have a couple or drinks, or ten for that matter. If you don't appreciate Ray why are you here?

Thanks. This place seems pretty self moderated so we have to use our judgement when someone gets too personal. I'd let his posts go on deaf ears at this point and focus on more productive posts that aren't personal attacks on you.
Ha too late! I was already typing my response when you sent your last one.

OP
J

Jack Earth

Ha too late! I was already typing my response when you sent your last one.
Lol it was a very light suggestion it's not "my" thread you can definitely continue with him if you want. He seems overly focused on you and he's kinda derailing so I was just giving my opinion.

Ledo

Wow I don't think your saying any of this helped you, but it certainly did me! I am not on this forum to tell people what to do, whether is about coronavirus, vaccines, PUFA's or starches. I am here to be a support, to those who came on this site wanting Ray Peat information, not to push my agenda, judgement or frustrations. RAY has never condemned white alcohol. He has said maybe two things about it, and the worst was that it can be estrogenic. Yet he says dozens and dozens of negative things about PUFA's and starches yet "judgemetal" people who are griping about a splinter have got a huge board in their eye shoveling it in, or watching unintelligent tv shows and God knows what else is lurking. The people that are on this thread watching their diet to be able to enjoy a couple of cocktails don't need mommy and daddy schooling them, or maybe grandpa and grandpa? I talk to people, I don't control who talks to me. If you want to get your nose into my business watching who I talk to, cia, FBI, agents (?!!!) then it would have behooved you to notice I rarely chime in on a thread that is already started unless someone needs words of encouragement. I answer people that are ignored. I am not here to to be a heroin and tell people they can't have a couple or drinks, or ten for that matter. If you don't appreciate Ray why are you here?
So you refuse to acknowledge the very serious nature of my post wrap in some levity. Ok fine, you are free to refuse the peace offering but your strawman a line post doesn't fool anybody.

p,s who is the kind of weirdly stalking guy who thinks he is a moderator?

Lol it was a very light suggestion it's not "my" thread you can definitely continue with him if you want. He seems overly focused on you and he's kinda derailing so I was just giving my opinion.
I will be happy to take your good advice :)

equipoise

It's fine. Everybody has different perspectives. But to me implying that a moderate drinker is on a slippery slope to alcoholism is like saying that weed is a gateway to hard drugs.

It's simply not true.
Chibbs mate I'm pretty sure I'm not daft and I acknowledge the myriad of good things that can go well with reasonable, moderate alcohol consumption. That was not my point. I might or might've not gone overboard with the soapbox thing and preaching as if alcohol is meth, but am I really that far off?

The European culture of drinking alcohol is borderline alcoholism, few honest enough will accept the fact that daily drinking is not a) healthy, b) non habit forming behaviour.

My friends from the States have been regularly falling down on their arse when they go on a drinking bender with us Eastern Europeans, and/or those with genetic makeup of former alcohol (ab)users. The amount of alcohol that we drink biyearly is astonishing.

I work a very serious, responsible job and good majority of men (mostly men working) are solid buzzed by 11PM. They drive cars, operate heavy machinery...state protects them. They never get into real trouble, they might face some small repercussions and get by with a slap on the wrist.

Now why does alcohol get a slap on the wrist all the time in the media? I'm big on anti authoritarianism and anti-dogma so I just can't understand why alcohol get's a free pass and certain drugs of safer profile are gonna be banned forever. This is a rhetorical question, I'm sure most of the users reading this will know the answer. No shite, but people still find ways to excuse their unhealthy habit, yet on the other side of the railroad, people are thrown under the proverbial wagon for possession of laughable amounts of cannabis. Complete trainwreck this system is, that was my "argument". I'd toast with both you and @Rinse & rePeat IRL. Hope I clarified myself.

mrchibbs

To be clear, I am for the legalization of all drugs, and yes it's silly that alcohol gets a free pass.

Giving some thought to those who are upset with Jack's great thread, I thought it would be a positive move to clarify my stance on how I "Peat" responsibly with a cocktail. Back in the day when I wasn't "Peating" my husband would mix us a cocktail, and it was a generous pour" as they say. Since "Peating" i pay attention to everything I consume, know exactly what the pro's and cons are, how to strategize according to Ray Peat and measure the tequila that goes into every drink i drink, and every drink I make for someone else. That measurement is 1.5 ounces. This is what 1.5 ounces looks like in my glass, and in the measuring glass before I add my fresh squeezed and strained orange juice or Mexican Coke. Be clear, drinking isn't cool AND it isn't uncool, anymore than eating pizza is cool. The end ?

Attachments

• 20210722_145135.jpg
    20210722_145135.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 19