The health effects of 1 - 2 drinks daily

Jack Earth

I was reading posts in the hair section how alcohol can help with breaking down calcification which is why homeless can have a ton of hair despite having horrible nutrition.
Can having 1-2 drinks daily be healthy or beneficial?
I like tequila with juice and apple ciders.
I'm not drinking any beer.

I was reading posts in the hair section how alcohol can help with breaking down calcification which is why homeless can have a ton of hair despite having horrible nutrition.
Can having 1-2 drinks daily be healthy or beneficial?
I like tequila with juice and apple ciders.
I'm not drinking any beer.
Yayyy! A fellow tequila lover! I drink tequila ONLY and have no issues with hair or anything else. That was not the case with good wine or high end vodka. Despite "Peating' I have held on to my white tequila because I sleep SO good since finding it.

Peater

Yayyy! A fellow tequila lover! I drink tequila ONLY and have no issues with hair or anything else. That was not the case with good wine or high end vodka. Despite "Peating' I have held on to my white tequila because I sleep SO good since finding it.

Interesting, I don't think I've ever had it. Any recommended brands? How do you drink it?

Interesting, I don't think I've ever had it. Any recommended brands? How do you drink it?
I like Paqui Blaco because you can mix it with anything and it resembles vodka. My other favorite is 1921 Blanco. It has a butterscotch undertone, which mixes well with a little Mexican Coke. If you make it a short one with a splash of water and Coke it almost tastes like a good whiskey. I have tried 2 dozen of the best and those are my very favorites. Casamigos Blaco is tasty, with vanilla underones, but with it's 70 botanicals, it gave me some histamine issues. If you are wanting the good sleep then no more than 2 shots. Tequila is nice because it gives you a happy warm feeling rather than a "head change" drunk feeling.

Attachments

• 20210716_150601.jpg
    20210716_150601.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 55

mrchibbs

Ray has had positive comments for clear alcohols, which are less estrogenic I guess.

For me, I like to make cocktails with gin, vodka and tequila. Fructose protects the liver and helps process the alcohol too.

My favourites are G&T (basic but classic), Tequila Sunrise, Margarita and others I forget.

Reliably makes me feel warm, toasty and very comfortable. Beer and wine doesn't have the same effect at all, and with these cocktails, I never get hangovers even if I overdo it (with friends you tend to drink more).

I don’t drink personally. Works better.
I always had insomnia problems, even in my 20's when I didn't drink any alcohol. It got the worst in my 50's until I read about the health benefits of tequila, and was shocked how good it makes me sleep, with the best dreams too! I feel like many of my previous issues, only got worse from extreme lack of sleep for decades. Good deep happy dreaming sleep has been very healing.

Ray has had positive comments for clear alcohols, which are less estrogenic I guess.

For me, I like to make cocktails with gin, vodka and tequila. Fructose protects the liver and helps process the alcohol too.

My favourites are G&T (basic but classic), Tequila Sunrise, Margarita and others I forget.

Reliably makes me feel warm, toasty and very comfortable. Beer and wine doesn't have the same effect at all, and with these cocktails, I never get hangovers even if I overdo it (with friends you tend to drink more).
I love a good gin and vodka too; but it doesn't give me tequila sleep!

OP
J

Jack Earth

Agree don't like feeling of beer and wine compared to tequila. This has been helping with lower stress too. Does alcohol effect cortisol?
It's also helped me quit weed. I'm not saying weed is good or bad but personally my thoughts are far more positive trading weed for margaritas

mrchibbs

Agree don't like feeling of beer and wine compared to tequila. This has been helping with lower stress too. Does alcohol effect cortisol?
It's also helped me quit weed. I'm not saying weed is good or bad but personally my thoughts are far more positive trading weed for margaritas

I think weed is way too estrogenic and has bad effects. And trust me until a few years ago I smoked a lot of it, from the ages of 12-25.

Trading it for Margaritas seems like a really good idea.

OP
J

Jack Earth

I think weed is way too estrogenic and has bad effects. And trust me until a few years ago I smoked a lot of it, from the ages of 12-25.

Trading it for Margaritas seems like a really good idea.
You started at 12? Wow!
I absolutely could not quit weed until I started alcohol recently. I think the poster Rei kicked it off for me, and then you and rinse n repeat have all been influencial in my recent changes regarding stress. If I'm honest and not in denial due to addiction... weed actually increased my stress via paranoid thoughts.
Thank you guys you are true helpers.

You started at 12? Wow!
I absolutely could not quit weed until I started alcohol recently. I think the poster Rei kicked it off for me, and then you and rinse n repeat have all been influencial in my recent changes regarding stress. If I'm honest and not in denial due to addiction... weed actually increased my stress via paranoid thoughts.
That really warms my heart Jack! My son got into pot in high school, along with being a vegetarian, and both killed his health. He defensively touted marijuana's health benefits, but now being a couple plus years away from it he feels much better too! I am anxious to hear your progress! Don't go crazy on the tequila cause it is some fun stuff! I would hate to see it backfire on you :)

mrchibbs

You started at 12? Wow!

Yeah sadly nothing to be proud of. It was normal at the school were I went to so I picked it up quite young, family life was a bit tragic in those days for me and I didn't really have an outlet (had stopped playing sports seriously between 12-15 due to circumstances) so weed made me feel a bit better I guess. Then for the next decade it was a regular habit, although as I got sicker and sicker in my 20s I started to recognize the effects were getting mostly negative. While as a teenager it made me feel very calm and euphoric even when I smoked a ***t ton or even had edibles, I started to experience the paranoia and anxiety effects as my health took a plunge.

I'm fairly certain I won't smoke it ever again, especially since my worst symptoms over the past couple of years have been related to my lungs.

1-2 two drinks hits the spot, according to the literature that's the sweet spot to get the benefits and it's more than enough to take the edge off at the end of the day.

Yeah sadly nothing to be proud of. It was normal at the school were I went to so I picked it up quite young, family life was a bit tragic in those days for me and I didn't really have an outlet (had stopped playing sports seriously between 12-15 due to circumstances) so weed made me feel a bit better I guess. Then for the next decade it was a regular habit, although as I got sicker and sicker in my 20s I started to recognize the effects were getting mostly negative. While as a teenager it made me feel very calm and euphoric even when I smoked a ***t ton or even had edibles, I started to experience the paranoia and anxiety effects as my health took a plunge.

I'm fairly certain I won't smoke it ever again, especially since my worst symptoms over the past couple of years have been related to my lungs.

1-2 two drinks hits the spot, according to the literature that's the sweet spot to get the benefits and it's more than enough to take the edge off at the end of the day.
I am glad to hear that life seems to be at it's best for you now mrchibbs. Nothing can be better than feeling good. I always say it doesn't matter where you've been as much as where your are now ?

mrchibbs

Every tonic water I checked has citric acid in it. Which one are you drinking?

I made my own with some good quality tonic water syrup I bought. I've also been planning to make my own syrup with the chichona bark.

I also drink the fever tree brand tonic water when I find it in small glass bottles: Premium Indian Tonic Water

Ledo

I made my own with some good quality tonic water syrup I bought. I've also been planning to make my own syrup with the chichona bark.

I also drink the fever tree brand tonic water when I find it in small glass bottles: Premium Indian Tonic Water
Good going on making your own.

I had been drinking Fever tree too thinking it had no citric acid and then I noticed it did. Maybe I missed it the first time.

Amazon product ASIN B001XUO8AYView: https://www.amazon.com/Fever-Tree-Premium-Indian-Tonic-Bottles/dp/B001XUO8AY

Ingredients

"Carbonated Spring Water, Cane Sugar, Acid: Citric Acid, Natural Flavors including Natural Quinine"

OP
J

Jack Earth

That really warms my heart Jack! My son got into pot in high school, along with being a vegetarian, and both killed his health. He defensively touted marijuana's health benefits, but now being a couple plus years away from it he feels much better too! I am anxious to hear your progress! Don't go crazy on the tequila cause it is some fun stuff! I would hate to see it backfire on you :)
Thanks for the warning will keep it in mind.. I actually discovered that right away that 3 drinks for me is too much. I'll be sticking to the sweet spot either 1 or 2.
I may even skip some days in the future, but right now it's daily because it's the only thing that has ever helped me quit weed.
Once the THC is out of my system I don't think I'll need a daily drink the way I do now.