The healing power of the mind

Melba

I am interested to learn about the mind body connection and if the mind can actually heal the body .Has anyone had experience with or know of a good book to start with?

babz

Dr. Joe Dispenza’s work is the best resource & any of his books, Bruce Lipton- any of his books, David R Hamilton-How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body. The Heal Documentary. There are lots of resources. Other resources such as Esther Hicks/Abraham say learn to be happy to manifest healing/health. Other authors talk about learning to love yourself like Anita Moorjani. It’s abosolutely true. I’ve experienced it myself. Happy reading!

Jennifer

I’ve focused on the mind body connection, and energy work, in my healing journey and second babz’s recommendations—Bruce Lipton’s book The Biology of Belief and Dr. Joe Dispenza’s books You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter and Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One.

One thing I’ve learned over the years is how much my mind and emotions are tied to my gut and blood sugar. Having followed so many different ways of eating and paying attention to my thoughts and emotions, I was able to see how each food affects them. With that said, for me, what has allowed for the greatest healing is radical self-love and acceptance and following my joy. At the risk of sounding very New-Agey, it’s my belief that we are all energy and being in the energetic state or “vibration” of joy—that light and alive feeling—allows for deep healing. It may sound incredibly simple, but it can be surprisingly difficult to follow our joy as adults, given adult responsibilities and a lifetime of accumulated beliefs—beliefs about ourselves, the world and our place in it—and takes courage.

B

Braveheart

I’ve focused on the mind body connection, and energy work, in my healing journey and second babz’s recommendations—Bruce Lipton’s book The Biology of Belief and Dr. Joe Dispenza’s books You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter and Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One.

One thing I’ve learned over the years is how much my mind and emotions are tied to my gut and blood sugar. Having followed so many different ways of eating and paying attention to my thoughts and emotions, I was able to see how each food affects them. With that said, for me, what has allowed for the greatest healing is radical self-love and acceptance and following my joy. At the risk of sounding very New-Agey, it’s my belief that we are all energy and being in the energetic state or “vibration” of joy—that light and alive feeling—allows for deep healing. It may sound incredibly simple, but it can be surprisingly difficult to follow our joy as adults, given adult responsibilities and a lifetime of accumulated beliefs—beliefs about ourselves, the world and our place in it—and takes courage.
" How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One"...that's the ticket....just reading Krishnamurti's "Think on these Things" for the 3rd time...a good starter to getting rid of all you've been indoctrinated with since birth and becoming the real you.

Last edited by a moderator:

babz

Well said!

Jennifer

@Braveheart, thank you for mentioning Krishnamurti’s Think on These Things.

Thank you, @babz. :)

OP
M

Melba

Thank you for very helpful responses,I now have a list and a lot of reading to do

Grapelander

Healing Power Of Mind Simple Meditation Exercise For Well Being Health And Happiness Tulku Thondup

Most of these exercises are made up of four basic steps:
(1) recognizing the problems that need to be healed,
(2) relying on a source of power,
(3) applying the means of healing, and
(4) attaining the result of healing.

To make healing truly effective, we need to involve our power of imagination, our understanding, our feelings, and our power of belief in the healing process. The more we see, understand, feel, and believe in the healing process, the deeper its benefits.

We can strengthen each of the four basic healing steps through four meditation techniques. We could
(1) see or visualize each as an image,
(2) think of each with its name or designation,
(3) feel the qualities of each, and
(4) believe in its effectiveness.

These techniques are based on the understanding that thoughts gain power as they take a concrete shape in our mind.
Seeing makes things vivid and immediate to us.
When we name something, we empower it and relate it to ourselves through the power of thought.
When we feel something, we become wholly absorbed in it.
When we believe in the power and effectiveness of something, it becomes a reality.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals