The Halogen Room Experiment Ideas

biggirlkisss

so i want to get a house and have my bedroom have 4 1500 watt halogen lights going. my question is how would i set it up. I want the fixtures to be close to my body but 1500 watt halogen runs hot. Any ideas?

tara

This is not a recommendation to try it or not, and I have not tried it myself, but if you scroll down this page there is a picture of a setup including 6 x 500 Watt halogen lights and water to filter out some of the heat.

http://heelspurs.com/led.html

Ami

6000 watts is overkill. Unless you live somewhere very cold you would have to install a separate AC unit in the room for that.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can get overheated at times from only one 500 watt halogen.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

http://heelspurs.com/a/led/hydrosun.jpg this is 5000 watt halogen i want to make something like this.

hydrosun.jpg

tara

6000 watts is overkill. Unless you live somewhere very cold you would have to install a separate AC unit in the room for that.
I noticed some benefit from 2x500Watt halogen flood light. I agree that 6000 Watts would produce a lot of heat that would probably require special tactics to deal with, like air con, and is probably overkill. Quite possibly 3000 Watts overkill for most people too.
6000 watts is 120000 lumens and closer to the sun its not over kill
Not necessarily overkill for your health, but hard to manage safely. You might not be able to tolerate that much because of the heat. And you can get as close as is comfortable to the lights, so it might be the heat that is the limiting constraint for how much light you can get on you anyway.

tara

is there a way to reduce heat cheaply
That's what the water in that setup I linked to above is for. Water is a cheap heat sink, if you have suitable containers and way to set up. You may get more ideas from reading around that area in the page.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals