The Gut-Hair Loss Connection: Fix The Gut To Stop Hair Loss

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi all,

The gut is truly involved with just about everything in the body, however, few actually know that their gut health is contributing to their hair health.

So many people might experience gut issues, but seldom connect it to their hair loss. I have written an article to shed some light on the matter (no pun intended):
The Gut-Hair Loss connection: Fix the Gut to Stop Hair Loss » MENELITE

rei

nice article but today i was first time greeted by a popup when visiting your site, please remove it.

powerlifter

nice article but today i was first time greeted by a popup when visiting your site, please remove it.

Let the guy run his business, why would he continue to do that (put out free and quality information) if there is no or little incentive to do so.

Dustin94

Nice article. I think the sun definitely helps with fixing the gut, that's why I like to eat certain foods like potatoes on a sunny day, when I can get some sun on my abdomen.

I understand there is a consensus on this board that cold exposure is stress-inducing, especially for long periods of time. However, I can't help but note, that cold showers and particularly ice baths, have also helped with my digestion in the past (i.e. I tend to release pent-up gas).

rei

Let the guy run his business, why would he continue to do that (put out free and quality information) if there is no or little incentive to do so.
because i would think he gains more by people visiting and recommending his site than alienating those that don't like intrusive practices. If someone likes his content enough to consider coaching they don't need a popup urging them to get in contact (while urging them no to get in contact unless they want to purchase service)

don't worry i won't be nagging about this again, just that popups that randomly jump up in the middle of reading is one of the best ways to stop me coming back or link it to someone else.

Summer

Really glad you made this article. I definitely need to move more. I’m sedentary for about 90% of the day. I have to work on that.

What are your thoughts on inducing sweating in non-stressful ways like steam/sauna as a means of detoxification?

Nebula

Nice article. I think the sun definitely helps with fixing the gut, that's why I like to eat certain foods like potatoes on a sunny day, when I can get some sun on my abdomen.

I understand there is a consensus on this board that cold exposure is stress-inducing, especially for long periods of time. However, I can't help but note, that cold showers and particularly ice baths, have also helped with my digestion in the past (i.e. I tend to release pent-up gas).
My experience too. Long cold exposure daily is too much and leads to hypoglycemia and other stress reactions, but a few times per week for short amounts of time seems to tone the vagus nerve very well allowing the organs including the digestive ones to work more actively. Probably best to treat cold exposure like lifting weights, but for the nervous system. Rest days and slow progressive overload with fully refueling and re-warming the body afterwards.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

Very interesting about the cold and digestion. Thanks for sharing.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Really glad you made this article. I definitely need to move more. I’m sedentary for about 90% of the day. I have to work on that.

What are your thoughts on inducing sweating in non-stressful ways like steam/sauna as a means of detoxification?
Sweating is definitely amazing and it's great if you can do it through a sauna, as some people don't necessarily have the energy or health to sweat through exercise. Plus, you usually sweat much more in a sauna than through exercise.
Your body excretes toxins, such as heavy metals, more effectively through sweating, than through detoxification through the liver and kidney.

pippocui

I took ssri and the hair loss is incredible. It also caused me hashimoto, as you well wrote in your article. What can I do?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I took ssri and the hair loss is incredible. It also caused me hashimoto, as you well wrote in your article. What can I do?
Stop taking the SSRI ofc. :)
Removing gut-irritating foods, using activated charcoal or other toxin binding foods, such as carrot, bamboo shoots or well-cooked mushrooms can help a lot.

Sam321

Stop taking the SSRI ofc. :)
Removing gut-irritating foods, using activated charcoal or other toxin binding foods, such as carrot, bamboo shoots or well-cooked mushrooms can help a lot.
What do you think of bio active carbon?