"The Good Thing About Fish Oil Is. "

PakPik

29:30

Interviewer: What about fish oils?

RP: It's worse. The good thing about fish oil is that it's so unstable that most of it doesn't survive to reach your bloodstream where it would inhibit your thyroid function; so it breaks down into other compounds which are actually toxic, and the first thing you see affected is the immune system. The breakdown products of the spontaneously oxidizing fish oil include acrolein, which is a carcinogen, and ethane which you can measure on the breath after people eat fish oil. But several of these toxic breakdown products are immunosuppressive, so they have an antiinflammatory effect that in the short run makes them seem beneficial.

Taken from "Thyroid and Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Part 1" at Dr. Ray Peat's Wisdom

Xisca

...found a good title to make me clic and read you, pakpik, hehe!

TubZy

I used to megadose fish oil a few years back. It really cleared up and made my skin glow very nice along with zero joint pain but I felt like crap energy wise. I stopped using it once I found out its actually immune suppressive. It also brought my cholesterol down very low (which is bad now that I think of it)

Xisca

I was so lucky I found peat's article about fish oil, when I was looking for fish oil to buy!
lol I am not lucky, I am wise!
I must say that I hesitated, went back Reading, ...and bought nothing.
Not so easy to read something so different from your previous research!
When I read the rest of the website, well some, not all, I was so surprised!

Actually, I already had doubts, because it was not logical that omega 3, that exist in very Little food, could be so absolutely needed. How could man have evolved in the tropics?

I also was interrogative with the fact that nature gave us taste for sugar, if it was bad, and that the ayurveda says butter is good as medicine....

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hgreen56 Is baking soda only thing that neutralizes acidity in juices? Diet 11
Hans The only thing fat burners burn is your wallet Articles & Scientific Studies 3
Vileplume Supplementing thyroid, heart rate lowering a TON — lowered adrenaline? Good thing? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 3
D Any Such Thing As Natural Alternative To Afrin/Flonase >Stuffed Nose - Help Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 9
U Single Most Effective Thing That Could Work/worked For Anhedonia? Mental Issues 21
Velve921 What Does Everyone Thing Of Sooma For Sleep? It Has Glycine Ask For Help or Advice 0
S Weight Gain May Not Be A Bad Thing Weight 78
bodacious There's No Such Thing As Species Blogs 2
teds Is Alopecia Areata And Pattern Baldness The SAME Thing? Hair & Nails 2
L Got An "Extreme Emergency: STAY HOME" Text Yesterday; Today I See Jets Spraying A Thick White Thing Breaking News 69
D Brexit Is Very Unfortunate Thing For EU Peaters, Here's Why Rant or Rave 43
GorillaHead Why Is The So Called T-Zone On Our Face Even A Thing? Skin 2
M Next Best Thing To Aspirin? Meloxicam? Aspirin 1
Ficini My Blood Test Seems Ok, Except One Thing Blood Work, Labs 4
ScurveDream Extreme Nutrient Density A Bad Thing? (tons Of Nutrients In Few Calories) Diet 0
BTD Flaky Skin For Years; Prednisone Is The Only Thing That Helps! Skin 14
Lokzo What Has Been The Best Thing You Have Done For Your Health? Health 192
Juniperus No Such Thing As Chronotypes Scientific Studies 1
bzmazu Fenbendazole. The Last Thing The Cancer Industry Needs Is A Cure Cancer 10
ecstatichamster They Are Making Guar Gum Into A Good Thing Digestion 4
bzmazu 'This Whole Thing Is An Experiment On Children.' Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
D Where People Less Sick When Saturated Fats Were The Thing? Health 5
Jon U.V. Radiation Downregulates Lipogenesis; A Bad Thing? Radiation 2
ecstatichamster Latest Thing That Seems To Be Helping My Male Performance Male Issues 24
MyUsernameHere 6 Years Later, Sleep Temperature Is Still The Only Thing That Works Ask For Help or Advice 49
johnwester130 The “C4 Phenomenon” - Using Cypro As A Drug Is A Real Thing Cyproheptadine 22
cyclops Is Losing Bodyfat The Most Important Thing? Diet 139
Luann This Equifax Thing Society 2
bodacious Pansterone: Is This Thing On? Hormones 3
Nokoni The Most Beautiful Thing I've Ever Seen Rant or Rave 3
lvysaur Is There A Such Thing As A Loose Stomach Sphincter? "Gastric Dumping" Digestion 2
encerent One Peaty Thing You Do Too Much Of / One Peaty Thing You Won't Or Can't Do Ray Peat Topics 9
N Low Omega 3 Blood Test Result- A Good Thing? Ask For Help or Advice 4
SarahBeara Chromium Is The Only Thing That Helps, Alternative? Minerals 51
Luann Why Is High Protein A Good Thing? Protein 50
L The Magical Thing Eating Chocolate Does To Your Brain Sweets, Snacks 25
thegiantess Doxycycline For Some Weird Rosacea Thing? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
F What's The Single Most Important Thing For Health? Health 22
N "Keeping The Metabolic Rate Up Is The Main Thing, And There Are Lots Of Ways To Do It." Health 62
Bluebell Best Thing To Drink While Exercising & Supplements Diet 15
N Is the Buteyko Method a legit thing? CO2, Bag Breathing 2
haidut There Is No Such Thing As A "healthy" Microbiome Digestion, Gut Flora 4
N So, Is This Carrot Salad A Legit Thing? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 19
M Let's Nail This White Hair Thing Health 36
L Is it a male thing? Rant or Rave 14
D weird thing in stool...good or bad? Digestion 2
charlie "Blood Sugar Is Usually The Thing To Pay Most Attention To," Ray Peat Quotes 7
G Strange Thing About My Tooth Oral Health 8
Drareg Fish Oils in the **** Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
D Fish antibiotics Ask For Help or Advice 56