haidut

Forum Supporter
In several interviews, Peat was asked by callers about his opinion on Global Warming. He said that in his opinion the official science on it is junk, and that the Earth may actually be heading towards a mini ice-age similar to the one recorded in Medieval times in Europe. He did not speculate what may be the cause of this global cooling, but said that large corporations are using both deniers and believers in global warming to stoke the fire in public discussions and change the conversation away from how industrial activity is destroying the environment. The real issue is not the increase in CO2. It is the thousands of metric tons of endrocrine disruptors, pesticides, pharma drugs, chemical carcinogens, radioactive debris from military apparatus, etc that are killing the planet and us with it.
Anyways, this study below corroborates Peat's assessment on climate change and suggests that changes in solar magnetic field could be the reason for the cooling, and that models predicting warming only take into account increased solar activity but ignore the changes in the Sun's magnetic fields. It is the latter that mostly controls the local atmospheric conditions not only on Earth but also on every planet of the Solar system, including very distant ones like Neptune and Pluto that are too far away to be affected by solar heat.

PREDICTION OF SOLAR ACTIVITY FROM SOLAR BACKGROUND MAGNETIC FIELD VARIATIONS IN CYCLES 21-23 - IOPscience
Winter is Coming - Super Grand Solar Minimum - NextBigFuture.com Winter is Coming - Super Grand Solar Minimum
"...Professor Valentina Zharkova gave a presentation of her Climate and the Solar Magnetic Field hypothesis at the Global Warming Policy Foundation in October, 2018. Zharkova models solar sunspot and magnetic activity. Her models have run at a 93% accuracy and her findings suggest a Super Grand Solar Minimum could begin in 2020. A Super Grand Solar Minimum would have four magnetic fields out of phase. There was about 40-60 years of cold weather 350 years ago. This was a Maunder Minimum of lower solar activity. The historical cold weather had two magnetic fields out of phase. Zharkova is predicting a cooling effect that is 2.5 to 4 times larger than the Maunder minimum. Zharkova’s analysis shows an 8 watts per square meter decrease in TSI (Total Solar Irradiance). A 2015 Nature study looked at 2 watts per square meter decrease causing a 0.13-degree celsius effect. A four times larger effect would be 0.5-degree celsius. Zharkova believes the warming models are including the warming effect of increased solar activity. If she is correct there would be cooling and the warming models would be wrong."

"...Numerous studies have identified links between past climate and solar variability. During the Maunder Minimum (1645-1715), very few sunspots were seen despite regular observations. If the past relationships between TSI and ultraviolet irradiance and sunspots are the same as are observed for modern solar variability, then a decline in both TSI and ultraviolet for this period can be assumed. The Maunder Minimum coincided with more severe winters in the UK and continental Europe and many reconstructions suggest atmospheric conditions were broadly comparable with the regional effects on European atmospheric circulation found here. Some modeling studies also support the idea that similar regional cooling and circulation changes occurred during this period."

Below, good timing of the weather and magnetic pole changes in support of the article above.

Edit (1/29/2019)
:
Extreme cold weather savaging Chicago, Upper Midwest with incredibly low wind chills - CNN

Edit (2/1/2019):
Is Earth's Magnetic Field Flipping Soon?

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

Alas, official science is typically bunk and I am forced to consider these views. However my personal observations suggest a warming climate and I understand ice sheets and permafrost are melting

somuch4food

As a personal experience, in the last 3 years, spring and fall have shrunk in my part of the world (Eastern Canada). Winter are longer and colder, but summer also seem to be hotter. Leaves appear later in trees (about 2 weeks) and fall later (about 2 weeks).

Right now it's snowing and there is snow on the ground since mid november. A green christmas (no snow on the ground at Christmas) was common in the early 2000s, but has not happened in recent years. The climate is changing and like our health, I don't think we fully understand climate and could be completely wrong.

InChristAlone

I think extremes will be more common. I mean when I was a kid in the north east I remember very few really hot days and now 20 yrs later it is not uncommon to see the 90's. And more people are getting A/C installed.

And then here in the Midwest same thing summers are super hot for weeks on end and winter seems more bitter cold for longer.

Cirion

Glad to see RP does not go along with the official narrative.

One thing I always wonder is how can we be sure what the "optimal" temperature for earth is. We haven't been able to record temperatures for very long, not in the grand scheme of things (200 yrs vs 6-10,000 (if you believe in creationism) or several million (if you believe in evolution etc)), either way not nearly long enough to determine just what is the "ideal" temperature. Therefore, we can't even be really sure we're in a "cooling" or a "warming" phase and even if it is warming that maybe the optimal temperature could be much higher than it is now, or at the very least its extremely likely the earth has seen phases much warmer than it is now, especially if you believe the model of a million+ year old earth, its highly unlikely that the last 200 years could have the warmest period of time, its almost a statistical impossibility. So I think whether the earth is cooling or warming is irrelevant and what really matters is, how do we compare to what the "ideal" temperature is. And how does one even define that? The earth is pretty robust, I'm honestly not that worried about it, there's not enough information to really be worried IMO. Just a lot of speculation and junk science. There are far bigger things to worry about IMO, such as the global deployment of 5G.

Last edited:

Herbie

The more rainforest is destroyed, the more earth will become like a desert and deserts are of the extremes.

Well last year in Toronto we hit a record low, -40celsius iirc. Wasn’t in Canada that week but then got my arse kicked pretty harshly when we got a -35celsius weekend and I still wanted to go out in the city - bad idea.

The more rainforest is destroyed, the more earth will become like a desert and deserts are of the extremes.

This was my understanding too. More extremes, which it definitely seems like. Just looking at California weather and events, having a 70 degree day followed by a 20+ degree change within 2 days to over 90 degrees. Or vice versa. All of the terrible fires raging, in November no less. Not sure how normal that is but I dont ever remember that happening. Having more extreme weather happening more often makes sense and seems to be what's happening.

Queequeg

Personal observations only count if they tend to prove global warming.

baggywrinkle

Professor james mccanney in his research 30plus years ago stated we are heading into a mini ice age(russian science ran with his theories)
yes weather is mainly controlled by the electrical energy flowing from the sun as it stimulates our magnetic field and the rate of change hasnt been great(sunspots) which is what massages our magnetic field causing weather change
How weather works is a big lie, or should i say fake news, this leads to in time
once its figured out, and when there is political will, free energy will become available
The lie about Tesla transmitting electricity between two points with out wires has fooled many, he was connecting his tower to the highly charged ionosphere for unlimited electrical discharge of the charged ion plasma
My understanding now is the magnetic fields that exist around us have become more dense
When electrical energy flows through a denser field it produces a greater effect
We humans have been fooled into continuing to make our personal magnetic field denser
If we concentrate our spiritual path on "the light" without balancing it with the magnetic our progress will be short lived

L

lollipop

In several interviews, Peat was asked by callers about his opinion on Global Warming. He said that in his opinion the official science on it is junk, and that the Earth may actually be heading towards a mini ice-age similar to the one recorded in Medieval times in Europe. He did not speculate what may be the cause of this global cooling, but said that large corporations are using both deniers and believers in global warming to stoke the fire in public discussions and change the conversation away from how industrial activity is destroying the environment. The real issue is not the increase in CO2. It is the thousands of metric tons of endrocrine disruptors, pesticides, pharma drugs, chemical carcinogens, radioactive debris from military apparatus, etc that are killing the planet and us with it.
Anyways, this study below corroborates Peat's assessment on climate change and suggests that changes in solar magnetic field could be the reason for the cooling, and that models predicting warming only take into account increased solar activity but ignore the changes in the Sun's magnetic fields. It is the latter that mostly controls the local atmospheric conditions not only on Earth but also on every planet of the Solar system, including very distant ones like Neptune and Pluto that are too far away to be affected by solar heat.

Winter is Coming - Super Grand Solar Minimum - NextBigFuture.com Winter is Coming - Super Grand Solar Minimum
"...Professor Valentina Zharkova gave a presentation of her Climate and the Solar Magnetic Field hypothesis at the Global Warming Policy Foundation in October, 2018. Zharkova models solar sunspot and magnetic activity. Her models have run at a 93% accuracy and her findings suggest a Super Grand Solar Minimum could begin in 2020. A Super Grand Solar Minimum would have four magnetic fields out of phase. There was about 40-60 years of cold weather 350 years ago. This was a Maunder Minimum of lower solar activity. The historical cold weather had two magnetic fields out of phase. Zharkova is predicting a cooling effect that is 2.5 to 4 times larger than the Maunder minimum. Zharkova’s analysis shows an 8 watts per square meter decrease in TSI (Total Solar Irradiance). A 2015 Nature study looked at 2 watts per square meter decrease causing a 0.13-degree celsius effect. A four times larger effect would be 0.5-degree celsius. Zharkova believes the warming models are including the warming effect of increased solar activity. If she is correct there would be cooling and the warming models would be wrong."

"...Numerous studies have identified links between past climate and solar variability. During the Maunder Minimum (1645-1715), very few sunspots were seen despite regular observations. If the past relationships between TSI and ultraviolet irradiance and sunspots are the same as are observed for modern solar variability, then a decline in both TSI and ultraviolet for this period can be assumed. The Maunder Minimum coincided with more severe winters in the UK and continental Europe and many reconstructions suggest atmospheric conditions were broadly comparable with the regional effects on European atmospheric circulation found here. Some modeling studies also support the idea that similar regional cooling and circulation changes occurred during this period."
@pimpnamedraypeat not sure you saw this, but, again nice to see more evidence outside EU community supporting this.

T

tca300

I asked Ray about this a while ago

" The solar constant, its brightness and heat emission, does have some sort of cycle, and I think there’s a fair likelihood that it could start to decrease in the next few years. Glaciers would probably cover much of north america and europe, but low latitude areas should be fine. " - Ray Peat

" It wouldn’t necessarily be as extensive as the big glacier period when parts of Washington and much of Illinois, Indiana and Ohio were covered, but the weather could be awful down to about 30 degrees latitude. " - Ray Peat

I live in northern Washington so I'm gonna become a human popsicle I fear.
This is also why user tyw has chosen to live in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:

InChristAlone

Yeah I'm moving South, I can deal with extreme heat better than extreme cold.

TeaRex14

I'm not sure what to think. 2 years ago winter where I'm at was exceedingly warm, which is NOT normal for my location. Temps were barely in the low 60s but there was days it got to 70 in the middle of January. Last year was a little cooler, but far from normal when you take into consideration my location and how I remember my winters as a teen. But this year, quite possibly one of the coldest winters I've faced in a real long time, lol. I'm dreading January and February which is the coldest parts of the year for me. To that end I'm officially done trying to guess what's going on with the climate, lol. I suppose it's possible the abnormally warm winter a couple years ago could've been from el nino. But again, I don't want to do too much speculation.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
There will always be seasons, it is Written. :hattip

Queequeg

this is a very good documentary covering the global warming deception and includes a good summary of how the reduction in solar activity (sun spots) influences the temperature on earth.

Waynish

And what would be the warmest places on earth during this ice age? No obvious answer to this question I think.

aquaman

This appears to be Ray's view, that localised issues create drastic climate changes - he cites the case of cutting down the majority of the old growth Redwood and Sequoia trees on the western seaboard of the US creating horrendous localised warming, leading to droughts and mass fires. He predicted 20+ years ago this would get worse, and we're seeing it happen now. As the fires increase, you get stuck in an ever-increasing cycle of drought from reduced precipitation, and worsening fires.

My issue with the CO2 deniers, is that they use it as a reason not to make any changes to the way we are destroying our natural environment through other means (most of which Haidut mentions above, along with overfishing and cutting down old growth forests).

Ray Peat said:
The greatest fraud now current in the mass media is the idea that we must choose between the health of our environment and the vitality of the economy or our standard of living.

Back
Top Bottom