The Flu Shot For The Coronavirus?

RWilly

My elderly parents are putting the pressure on me to get a flu shot, because they think that it will protect me from Coronavirus. Apparently much of the buzz right now is to get a flu shot to protect one's self.

Well not so fast!

Increased Risk of Noninfluenza Respiratory Virus Infections Associated With Receipt of Inactivated Influenza Vaccine - PubMed

"We randomized 115 children to trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV) or placebo. Over the following 9 months, TIV recipients had an increased risk of virologically-confirmed non-influenza infections (relative risk: 4.40; 95% confidence interval: 1.31-14.8). Being protected against influenza, TIV recipients may lack temporary non-specific immunity that protected against other respiratory viruses."

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Can't believe people will believe this. The flu shot doesn't even work for the flu how can it work for the common cold? Lol

In Brazil, they are urging people to get vaccinated for the flu too. Their "reasoning" is that if they aren't having trouble with the flu, they will be better off against the Corona virus. I'm certainly not getting vaccinated no matter what.

Attakai

I'm not an antivaxxer by any means
but hell no don't get a flu shot wtf.

LeeLemonoil

No. It doesn’t provide protection against Corona nor does it strengthen immunity in general. In the contrary, it burdens immunity for some days.
The study you provided is clear. Chances are the shot increases risk for having Corona become virulent

Giraffe

In the German news there is a story of a 22-old man who got vaccines (don't know which ones) while being sick with the cold. Within hours after the vaccination his condition got worse, and when he became disorientated neighbors called the ambulance.

A word of caution: When you are acutely ill, think twice before you get a vaccine.

And this is the rest of the story so far:

He arrived at the ambulance at 4 am, and was sent home at 11 am after meningitis and influenza were ruled out. Though at the moment, it is not practice in Germany to test for corona unless there is a "reasonable suspicion" (like you just came back from Wuhan or you were in contact with someone who was tested positive) this hospital did check for corona. Then later that day his corona-virus test came back positive. The young man is now in isolation in hospital, and the hospital staff that had contact with him are in quarantine.

Last edited:

David PS

A scare tactic to get people to get a flu shot? Just ignore the herbicide (glyphosate) and pesticide connections to PD and get the flu jab.