The First Black Hole Image: What Can We Really See?

Beefcake

theguardian.com/science/2019/apr/14/the-new-black-hole-what-can-we-really-see

I know some people here on this forum do not believe in the existance of black holes. Recently 8 telescopes has created a picture of what appears to be the event horizon around a black hole. The border of where nothing escapes not even light. I’d like to hear peoples opinion about the validity of this evidence. It’s a subject that interests me a lot personally.

Kartoffel

theguardian.com/science/2019/apr/14/the-new-black-hole-what-can-we-really-see

I know some people here on this forum do not believe in the existance of black holes. Recently 8 telescopes has created a picture of what appears to be the event horizon around a black hole. The border of where nothing escapes not even light. I’d like to hear peoples opinion about the validity of this evidence. It’s a subject that interests me a lot personally.

There is noch such thing as a black hole. What kind of evidence is there supposed to be? What you see in that picture is a plasma structure that is roughly ring-shaped from our angle. Big whoop. This whole megastory shows in what a ridiculous shape astrophysics is. There are pictures from of M87 from the 1980s that clearly show birkland currents, and that there is no black hole. I could probably shoot a shaky picture from inside my gas oven, and claim I have made the first picture of a black hole.

DrJ

This is a new phase of modern physics, similar to LIGO. Since their ideas are mostly nonsense and they keep running into refuting evidence and contradictions, they are turning to 'algorithms ' to conceal their buffoonery. LIGO takes tons and tons of signal processing to suppress 'noise ' and show they detected a black hole. This new virtual telescope takes tons and tons of signal processing to suppress noise and create an image of a black hole.

Friends, with enough code i can make anything look like anything. This is not science. Science refutes, not proves. And it doesn't transform.things.

The black hole was always a mathematical toy problem to make it possible to get a parametric solution to the general relativity equation to see what that looked like and give a feel for the thing. Some dumb astronomers that came along and didn't understand the math took it literally and started talking about the concept of black holes until it became canonized and now we have this sad situation.

CrystalClear

"In this interview recorded on April 8, 2019, physicist Wal Thornhill discusses why the recent so-called "first picture of a black hole" actually affirms the plasma cosmology hypothesis that the object at a galactic core is not a black hole at all but an ultra-high density energy storage phenomena called a Plasmoid."