The Fire Rises

x-ray peat

Even if they do, Iran has a reason to be supporting terrorism and building up allies and military capacity. Or did you forget that USA overthrew their state a couple of times in the 20th century? Saudi Arabia on the other hand is purely offensive in its actions.
So blowing up a Jewish Community Center in Buenos Aires among other terrorist acts is justified? SMH

Travis

How do you think I came to Ray Peat's ideas (while doing a PhD in biomedical science, give that a try and see what your peers think of you reading his stuff).
What do they think of you reading his stuff?

Are these people still blinded by the same biochemical myths as most everyone else?

Kyle M

So blowing up a Jewish Community Center in Buenos Aires among other terrorist acts is justified? SMH

Lesson 1 in basic language and grammar for you today, reason -/- = justified

Edit: To help you understand, I don't think that the bombing of innocent people, like Hiroshima or Dresden or London or Syria or wherever civilians are bombed during war, is justified, but if done by a nation defending from another nation you can see their reason. If nation X attacks nation Y, and nation Y responds by bombing a mixed target (civilian and military) of nation X, you can say they have a reason to do so but at the same time not be justified in doing so on moral grounds. However, if nation Y bombs a target in nation X without having been attacked first, they have no justification and no reason (outside of 100% malice) for doing so.

Last edited:

Kyle M

What do they think of you reading his stuff?

Are these people still blinded by the same biochemical myths as most everyone else?

Tbh the overwhelming majority don't care enough about science to engage with it extra-curricularly. The few people who would listen to me suggest that maybe the sodium potassium pump doesn't exist in the fashion it's taught in textbooks dismiss that and just call you crazy. The only people that listened to me were girls you were just trying to flirt. Well once when I was still enthusiastic about teaching I got a whole class of physiology students to listen to me talk about Gilbert Ling's physiology while they were waiting to take their next blood glucose test in an experiment, but those were undergrads. Grad students and post docs and professors don't care about anything except the next step in their careers.

In the off chance that someone would engage, yeah they buy up the myths as you call them. It's probably something to do with them identifying with their degrees, getting a sense of self-worth from them, and not wanting to (in their eyes) damage the worth of that degree by questioning the things they learned in pursuance of it. And in that act, they are totally devaluing it because they are admitting that they didn't learn how to examine information critically but instead just to regurgitate information whether true or false, and to defend that information from questioning.

x-ray peat

Lesson 1 in basic language and grammar for you today, reason -/- = justified
I think you should stick to TAing bio 101. 1) Word choice is not the same as grammar. 2) Reason does connote justification and especially in how you used it in your post
rea·son/ˈrēzən/
noun a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.

still SMH

Kyle M

I think you should stick to TAing bio 101. 1) Word choice is not the same as grammar. 2) Reason does connote justification and especially in how you used it in your post
rea·son/ˈrēzən/
noun a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.

Explanation or justification. I would add, to be more thorough, that it can be a partial justification, or a full one.

Is Israel justified in how it treats the Palestinians? Children? Does it have no reason to do so at all?

x-ray peat

Explanation or justification. I would add, to be more thorough, that it can be a partial justification, or a full one.

Is Israel justified in how it treats the Palestinians? Children? Does it have no reason to do so at all?
"just when I try to get out..."

Travis

Have you read Thomas Kuhn's book yet?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals