The Famous Cyproheptadine Rebound

CalmAmygdala

Its an anticholinergic, and very strong anti-histamine so of course it will lead to low libido and numbness. But rarely for some people, sometimes the anti-serotonin effect of cypro may rarely counteract that but likely no for most. But you need acetylcholine and histamine for sensitivity and libido. You at least need acetylcholine for it, but in part Ach is what triggers nitric oxide release (necessary for erection) and histamine also has similar effects.
Do you happen to know if Defibron or Mitolipin are anti-cholinergic?

maillol

Its an anticholinergic, and very strong anti-histamine so of course it will lead to low libido and numbness. But rarely for some people, sometimes the anti-serotonin effect of cypro may rarely counteract that but likely no for most. But you need acetylcholine and histamine for sensitivity and libido. You at least need acetylcholine for it, but in part Ach is what triggers nitric oxide release (necessary for erection) and histamine also has similar effects.
Well yeah I know lots of things can have that effect. My point is there's a specific feeling very similar to aromasin.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Just to get this right. You take .05 on a sunday night . That's it for four days
Yes.
One dose, either 0.5mg or 1mg, and then results in feeling ***t for for 3-4 days... Then day 4 I get this rebound snap back effect that has been replicated now over 40 times, but I don't know what it is or why it occurs.

Nippy

Yes.
One dose, either 0.5mg or 1mg, and then results in feeling ***t for for 3-4 days... Then day 4 I get this rebound snap back effect that has been replicated now over 40 times, but I don't know what it is or why it occurs.
Thanks man. I need to try something. This loss of drive and sensitivity is killing me.. I've been in TRT as the docs said I had low testosterone. After four years oh high amounts low amounts of testosterone. HCG estridol tablets my libido and loss of sensitivity is worse than ever ... My issues have to be pssd from the SSRIs I used four years ago. I can't imagine living without a desire for sex the want and need for it ... Killing me man

Cooper

Sup everyone,

As many of you already know, I am the guy (Amongst many others) who got "cured" by cyproheptadine usage.

But what "cure" am I referring to???

Well, specifically, POST-SSRI-Sexual Dysfunction symptoms (PSSD).

I contracted PSSD from Ashwagandha usage, amongst many other dudes unfortunately.

You can read my viral article here:
https://medium.com/@LucasAoun/ashwagandha-can-cause-anhedonia-pssd-blunted-emotions-and-apathy-97fb99855f28

Now, what I need help with is developing THEORIES, as to WHY CYPRO WORKS.

But it doesn't work when we dose it acutely.

In fact, a single dose of cyproheptadine (<1mg), will cause the following effects:
-Horrible libido.
-Fatigue.
-Ravenous appetite.
-Incredible digestion.
-Numbing of all my emotions.

BUT...... It's the REBOUND of cypro.... That CURES us of PSSD.

DAY 4 and 5 AFTER using 1mg of cypro, there's this incredible SNAPBACK effect....

Orgasm returns, no more blunted libido, everything amazing.

But WHY....

What is happening 4 days after Cypro?

I need help understanding how to replicate these effects.

My current theories are as follows:
1. Cortisol rebound (So how to test?)
2. 5-HT1A receptor modulation (So how to test?)
3. Histamine rebound?

Can anyone please try and explain what is going on here?

Thanks all, love you lots!
Should i keep taking Cypro? I feel very fatigued with brain fog (which i never had before) after taking 4mg before bed yestarday.

I am a Post Accutane victim aswell and trying to fix my sexual symptoms with it, just experimenting. Maybe i should take it 4 more days to see if i can get that REBOUND effect you talk about?

Are you completely cured from PSSD btw?

My orgasms and genital sensitivity is very bad, and penis has shrank in size.

I feel so drained out and tired now, which i didn't have. So it is due to Cypro...

youngsinatra

Should i keep taking Cypro? I feel very fatigued with brain fog (which i never had before) after taking 4mg before bed yestarday.

I am a Post Accutane victim aswell and trying to fix my sexual symptoms with it, just experimenting. Maybe i should take it 4 more days to see if i can get that REBOUND effect you talk about?

Are you completely cured from PSSD btw?

My orgasms and genital sensitivity is very bad, and penis has shrank in size.

I feel so drained out and tired now, which i didn't have. So it is due to Cypro...
Have you got liver labs? Do you know your current vitamin D level?
I‘d stay away from cypro because it‘s a strong anticholinergic and antihistamine, which both can cause lethargy, brain fog and low libido.

Increase histamine and acetylcholine for better libido and mental clarity. Supplemental CDP-choline, higher dose B1 and good vitamin D status can help with acetylcholine.
Raising histamines is a bit more tricky - dietary zinc and B6 is important. (so beef!) L-histidine has been shown to reverse penile insensitivity by raising histamine.

Cooper

Have you got liver labs? Do you know your current vitamin D level?
I‘d stay away from cypro because it‘s a strong anticholinergic and antihistamine, which both can cause lethargy, brain fog and low libido.

Increase histamine and acetylcholine for better libido and mental clarity. Supplemental CDP-choline, higher dose B1 and good vitamin D status can help with acetylcholine.
Raising histamines is a bit more tricky - dietary zinc and B6 is important. (so beef!) L-histidine has been shown to reverse penile insensitivity by raising histamine.
Thank you! Good information there.

No, i didn't do a liver test recently. My vit D was low few years ago but i take Vit D now, good amounts.

So, why Cypro has been used as an off label ED drug? What kind of effects it causes in body to increase the erection strength? I am using it bcs some other recommended it to me. Im desperate.

My erections and sensitivity has increased but i guess that may be due to T3 and T4, i just started it few days ago and added Cypro yesterday. @ddjd

So Cypro lowers serotonin and antagonizes Dopamine receptors? How come it causes better erections? Does low Serotonin increases sexual strength? And Dopamine is needed for libido etc. I need to clarify these concepts...

So your reccommend is to mne raising my Histamine levels and acetylcholine? The opposite. :studying

Last edited:

redsun

Thank you! Good information there.

No, i didn't do a liver test recently. My vit D was low few years ago but i take Vit D now, good amounts.

So, why Cypro has been used as an off label ED drug? What kind of effects it causes in body to increase the erection strength? I am using it bcs some other recommended it to me. Im desperate.

My erections and sensitivity has increased but i guess that may be due to T3 and T4, i just started it few days ago and added Cypro yesterday. @ddjd

So Cypro lowers serotonin and antagonizes Dopamine receptors? How come it causes better erections? Does low Serotonin increases sexual strength? And Dopamine is needed for libido etc. I need to clarify these concepts...

So your reccommend is to mne raising my Histamine levels and acetylcholine? The opposite. :studying

If your sexual problems are caused by excess serotonin then cypro does help. But if its caused by lack of parasympathetic activity (low acetylcholine) it won't help. Histamine is also synergistic with acetylcholine and dopamine and can promote their activity.

Low sensitivity, constricted genitals, is also due to lack of vasodilation and blood flow which acetylcholine is responsible for. There is high peripheral adrenergic influence whill will usually happen when under stress or your sympathetic activity is not controlled by acetylcholine.

mrchibbs

If your sexual problems are caused by excess serotonin then cypro does help. But if its caused by lack of parasympathetic activity (low acetylcholine) it won't help. Histamine is also synergistic with acetylcholine and dopamine and can promote their activity.

Low sensitivity, constricted genitals, is also due to lack of vasodilation and blood flow which acetylcholine is responsible for. There is high peripheral adrenergic influence whill will usually happen when under stress or your sympathetic activity is not controlled by acetylcholine.

I think a few months of cypro can probably get someone out of a serotonergic state, but then it likely needs to be phased out while implementing steps to optimize dopamine.

FitnessMike

d
Sup everyone,

As many of you already know, I am the guy (Amongst many others) who got "cured" by cyproheptadine usage.

I contracted PSSD from Ashwagandha usage, amongst many other dudes unfortunately.

https://medium.com/@LucasAoun/ashwagandha-can-cause-anhedonia-pssd-blunted-emotions-and-apathy-97fb99855f28

In fact, a single dose of cyproheptadine (<1mg), will cause the following effects:
-Horrible libido.
-Fatigue.
-Ravenous appetite.
-Incredible digestion.

DAY 4 and 5 AFTER using 1mg of cypro, there's this incredible SNAPBACK effect....

But WHY....

3. Histamine rebound?

Did you ever build a tolerance to cypro?

Waynish

Have you tried drinking more water when having cypto? It is drying. Are you sure you're eating a bit more than usual while using it? I don't get rebounds from it. A "rebound" is supposed to happen because you're physiology is not good enough. People with amazing systems barely notice very powerful drugs - I've seen it many times.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Have you tried drinking more water when having cypto? It is drying. Are you sure you're eating a bit more than usual while using it? I don't get rebounds from it. A "rebound" is supposed to happen because you're physiology is not good enough. People with amazing systems barely notice very powerful drugs - I've seen it many times.

Yes - it is drying. Yes I have to eat and drink more while using it.

TheCedar1

Sup everyone,

-Horrible libido.
-Fatigue.
-Ravenous appetite.
-Incredible digestion.

But WHY....

3. Histamine rebound?

5HT2A receptors inhibit dopamine receptors and the production of dopamine, what ashwagandha did was increasing sensitivity of 5HT2A and reducing 5HT1A receptor sensitivity (the good receptor), I myself am suffering with this crap, I will order Cypro from Haidut soon

wildworld1992

Btw, a cypro rebound refers to how good I feel 4 days AFTER a single dose of cyproheptadine
Are you still using cypro? I tried 2mg 2days ago, it made me sleepy and tired the whole next day. I might try 0.5mg next time.

TheCedar1

Are you still using cypro? I tried 2mg 2days ago, it made me sleepy and tired the whole next day. I might try 0.5mg next time.
Cypro tend to make you sluggish as it is an antagonist of the 5HT1A receptors, what you should do in the meantime while taking Cypro is keeping serotonin low as to prevent another desensitisation of 5HT1A. That's the reason Lokzo keeps using Cypro, he gets this rebound, but because he kept his serotonin unchecked, it bound back to the 5HT1A receptors and desensitised them again, a permanent solution to PSSD is to antagonise 5HT1A and lower your serotonin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom