"The Fallacy Of Administering Mixtures Of Crystalline Vitamins Alone In Nutritional Deficiency"

InChristAlone

Most problems are induced in them in an acute way: by some strong car and cinogen. Researches aren't willing to wait for the gradual weakening, generalized depletion and spontaneous onset.

Some people are exposed to such strong nargicocens and these are the cases which have some chance of recovering by taking extreme measures, such as fasting. But for most, they will only do the further weakenings.

It's probably an issue of vitamins A and D insufficiency or imbalance, or all the nutrients required for them to work. Too much vit C affects trace minerals, you can be missing zinc, copper, selenium, molybdenum (gbolduev, 2017), etc. Every time I consumed more vit C than I needed, I had to do the compensatings for them later on. You've mentioned cravings for whole grains, right? This tends to be a classic sign of missing trace minerals.
You can also try this. Heat lamps might fry the region.

--
The Addition of Choline to Parenteral Nutrition
"Orally ingested nutrients generally are absorbed readily from the intestines and shunted to the liver for metabolism via the portal circulation (the first-pass effect). However! When nutrients are infused intravenously, they are not delivered to the liver via the portal vein initially, but via the hepatic artery after passing through the heart. The variation in nutrient assimilation may affect nutrient metabolism and downstream metabolic products. When methionine, a precursor for choline that normally is supplied in PN, is infused systemically, cysteine, similar to choline, a downstream metabolic product of the hepatic transsulfuration pathway, was virtually undetectable even in normal volunteers.13 When methionine was infused enterally in those same volunteers, plasma cysteine concentrations were slightly lower than when consumed with a meal, but substantially greater than that which resulted from systemic methionine infusion. This landmark investigation showed that the hepatic transsulfuration pathway is impaired when substrate is provided via the systemic rather than the portal circulation. The observation of Stegnik and Besten13 was later observed in patients who required parenteral feeding.14"
I wish I knew which ones! And I wish it was the vitamin C but my first itchy rash occured about 6 months before I started C. It came on as terrible itching around my anus then as I scratched and scratched it spread into a scaly rash around it. I briefly tried UVB light and it disappeared only to come back seemingly stronger than before! I am getting more sunlight than I have ever in my adult life lately (dminder app says I've gotten over 15k IU today alone). Then last yr I was wearing ear plugs at night and developed the same scaly itchiness in my ears. Then right as I was moving out of my moldy house a patch appeared on my eye lid. I got rid of it with Nystatin then it came back so I burned it with ACV. The other areas are so hard to treat due to the sensitive nature. I am considering a zinc/copper supplement. The topical diaper rash cream seems to help but not take it away.

Hi Janelle, have you tried an antimicrobial herbal formula (internally)? Or a healing and drawing salve containing anti-fungal herbs? We were using one on my dog's tumor (open wound) which worked well. I just checked the jar and it contains:
  • Goldenseal root
  • Horsetail
  • Calendula flower
  • Plantain leaf
  • White oak bark
  • Comfrey leaf and root
  • Slippery elm bark
  • Oregano oil
  • Aloe 100:1
They're in a base of a few different oils like coconut oil. I used it when I had the rash from the mold and I found it soothing.
That looks like an awesome topical! I have used calendula and it's soothing but doesn't take it away, definitely need something super strong for this thing! Where did you get that? I sometimes think I developed inverse psoriasis. I haven't tried internal antimicrobials besides the ACV in the last several days. I'm determined to wipe this out. I should say though my recent efforts with the diaper rash cream and acv has controlled the itching.

Last edited:

Jennifer

I'm glad you're finding some relief with the diaper rash cream and ACV, @Janelle525.

This is the balm we were using on Bee:

Healing Salve | Our Botanicals Worldwide

I noticed there's also an anti-fungal salve:

Anti-Fungal Salve | Our Botanicals Worldwide

We also used Heal All tea applied to his tumor and given orally and it saved his teeth and gums, no exaggeration!

Heal All Tea | Our Botanicals Worldwide

It was originally developed as a douche so it's safe to use around the rectum and would eliminate the greasiness that can come from the balms, if that matters.

Waynish

I wish I knew which substances could be applied locally for me to get over skin lesions I have had for 2 yrs and 1 yr. I tried niacinamide, povidone, and just recently baths with sodium thiosulfate, borax and baking soda then applying ACV. It seems to be fungal. Hoping the ACV clears it out. It has scabbed up and got pretty angry. Awesome thing is the only parts that scabbed are the parts with the infection healthy skin doesn't get irritated at straight ACV.
How's your gut?

InChristAlone

I'm glad you're finding some relief with the diaper rash cream and ACV, @Janelle525.

This is the balm we were using on Bee:

Healing Salve | Our Botanicals Worldwide

I noticed there's also an anti-fungal salve:

Anti-Fungal Salve | Our Botanicals Worldwide

We also used Heal All tea applied to his tumor and given orally and it saved his teeth and gums, no exaggeration!

Heal All Tea | Our Botanicals Worldwide

It was originally developed as a douche so it's safe to use around the rectum and would eliminate the greasiness that can come from the balms, if that matters.
Ok great thank-you I will check it out!

InChristAlone

How's your gut?
Hard to say. I feel like it's better. I used to have cramping bowel movements that hurt worse than childbirth! Haven't had that in a long time. My bloating is way down since starting the ACV and BS.

Ella

Forum Supporter
@Janelle525 skin issues can be extremely frustrating and worrisome. Did you have the skin issues before your pregnancies? Throughout childhood? Eczema and dermatitis?

The first step is to rule out a nickel sensitivity. I have worked with small children who had nappy rash and terrible eczema. One little boy was addicted to chocolate and peanut butter. His behaviour was uncontrollable after consuming chocolate.

Usually, you will find the skin issues in the mother, grandparents. It is a familial condition. I would not say genetic as it is a nutritional deficiency passed along the generations.

Riboflavin deficiency supposedly is difficult to achieve unless you are malnourished or alcohol drinker. It is assumed we get plenty from eating fortified breads and cereals.

People on this forum have removed these foods from the diet, placing them at risk of not getting the required amounts. It is interesting your craving for grains. Many people also have problems with milk and dairy. These are the two biggest sources and yes many are not eating liver which is a huge source of riboflavin.

Riboflavin is required to activate B6, convert tryptophan to niacin and other other B vitamins to help your body use the energy you get from food. It helps the body to use protein in food to build new cells and tissues, thus extremely important for skin.

Peat has mentioned turnip greens, these are good vegetable sources of riboflavin. along with milk, cheese, yogurt, beef and poultry.

Like other B vitamins, riboflavin is easily lost when foods are cooked or processed. When you cook rice or pasta, the riboflavin is lost into the water. Then if you rinse rice or pastas you wash off the B2. So to keep the riboflavin you need from these foods, it is important not to rinse after cooking. When you cook vegetables, use only a small amount of water and keep the lid on so that riboflavin and the other B vitamins are not lost.

Riboflavin is also light sensitive. Milk that sits in clear bottles on supermarket shelves exposed to continuous light lose B2. Best to buy milk packaged to prevent light penetration.

B2 protects skin and eyes from sun exposure. Are your eyes sensitive to light/sun?

More importantly, it is required for thyroid hormones, detoxification of many environmental pollutants, getting rid of estrogens and much much more. I think riboflavin requirements are underestimated due to the increased environmental pollutants. It is heavily required for phase 1 detoxification pathways. Perhaps for those individuals that have a very fast phase 1 pathway, deplete riboflavin more rapidly than those who have a slower phase 1 liver detox pathway.
Office of Dietary Supplements - Riboflavin

Riboflavin deficiency looks very similar to hypothyroidism.

Are you on thyroid hormones?

I found combining liver + nutritional yeast + shellfish + dairy + carrot salad + keeping foods high in nickel to a minimum to work nicely in dealing with skin issues.

InChristAlone

@Janelle525 skin issues can be extremely frustrating and worrisome. Did you have the skin issues before your pregnancies? Throughout childhood? Eczema and dermatitis?

The first step is to rule out a nickel sensitivity. I have worked with small children who had nappy rash and terrible eczema. One little boy was addicted to chocolate and peanut butter. His behaviour was uncontrollable after consuming chocolate.

Usually, you will find the skin issues in the mother, grandparents. It is a familial condition. I would not say genetic as it is a nutritional deficiency passed along the generations.

Riboflavin deficiency supposedly is difficult to achieve unless you are malnourished or alcohol drinker. It is assumed we get plenty from eating fortified breads and cereals.

People on this forum have removed these foods from the diet, placing them at risk of not getting the required amounts. It is interesting your craving for grains. Many people also have problems with milk and dairy. These are the two biggest sources and yes many are not eating liver which is a huge source of riboflavin.

Riboflavin is required to activate B6, convert tryptophan to niacin and other other B vitamins to help your body use the energy you get from food. It helps the body to use protein in food to build new cells and tissues, thus extremely important for skin.

Peat has mentioned turnip greens, these are good vegetable sources of riboflavin. along with milk, cheese, yogurt, beef and poultry.

Like other B vitamins, riboflavin is easily lost when foods are cooked or processed. When you cook rice or pasta, the riboflavin is lost into the water. Then if you rinse rice or pastas you wash off the B2. So to keep the riboflavin you need from these foods, it is important not to rinse after cooking. When you cook vegetables, use only a small amount of water and keep the lid on so that riboflavin and the other B vitamins are not lost.

Riboflavin is also light sensitive. Milk that sits in clear bottles on supermarket shelves exposed to continuous light lose B2. Best to buy milk packaged to prevent light penetration.

B2 protects skin and eyes from sun exposure. Are your eyes sensitive to light/sun?

More importantly, it is required for thyroid hormones, detoxification of many environmental pollutants, getting rid of estrogens and much much more. I think riboflavin requirements are underestimated due to the increased environmental pollutants. It is heavily required for phase 1 detoxification pathways. Perhaps for those individuals that have a very fast phase 1 pathway, deplete riboflavin more rapidly than those who have a slower phase 1 liver detox pathway.
Office of Dietary Supplements - Riboflavin

Riboflavin deficiency looks very similar to hypothyroidism.

Are you on thyroid hormones?

I found combining liver + nutritional yeast + shellfish + dairy + carrot salad + keeping foods high in nickel to a minimum to work nicely in dealing with skin issues.
Nope never had eczema just a couple times I had ringworm which was easily treated. I typically only struggled with acne spots in my life. My parents didn't have dermatitis just acne. Leads me to believe this was a result of my health crash and the moldy home.

B2 deficiency is a possibility, though I have supplemented several times this yr plus eaten liver. I don't drink milk. And have cut way back on ice cream this summer. I used to be on thyroid before I crashed my health a few yrs ago. Now I just take a bit of progest-e two weeks a month. I have noticed light sensitivity this summer. Though it seems a bit better since eating sprouted grains. Such a puzzle! I just keep experimenting and reading, thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

When I logged my food (before I started doing more whole grains) I was always low on B5, folate, potassium, and copper was never that great unless I ate liver.

tara

Thank you amazoniac. These two paragraphs really ressonated with me.. if there is anything I have learned for sure with all the supplements I have bought is that anything taken in isolation will eventually imbalance the body. ... Although it also means everything is constantly uncertain when it comes to supplementing.. Eating enough and as varied a diet as possible seems the best approach to me if one suspects a deficiency :)
:)
I too think varied diet is probably a good idea (while avoiding specifically toxic or allergic/irritating foods). Though adding some supplements to this may be useful too sometimes.

Ella

Forum Supporter
I don't drink milk.
People who have issues with acne shy away from milk. Calcuim should be investigated along with B12. I would use methylmalonic acid to test B12 sufficiency.

Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin, the body does not store it. As you digest food that contains vitamin B12, pancreatic enzymes free it to bind to a protein known as intrinsic factor. The body does not absorb vitamin B12 unless it is bound to intrinsic factor. Receptors that are in the small intestine are responsible for taking up vitamin B12 and intrinsic factor complex but can only do so when calcium is present.

This may be one reason why Peat is a fan of calcium while others view it as a killer.

InChristAlone

People who have issues with acne shy away from milk. Calcuim should be investigated along with B12. I would use methylmalonic acid to test B12 sufficiency.

Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin, the body does not store it. As you digest food that contains vitamin B12, pancreatic enzymes free it to bind to a protein known as intrinsic factor. The body does not absorb vitamin B12 unless it is bound to intrinsic factor. Receptors that are in the small intestine are responsible for taking up vitamin B12 and intrinsic factor complex but can only do so when calcium is present.

This may be one reason why Peat is a fan of calcium while others view it as a killer.
That is very interesting, I have eaten quite a lot of cheese in the last few yrs, though have cut back, again in favor of foods I haven't eaten much of like whole grains. I just had some parm this evening. B12 might be another one for me. Back in college I was very malnourished for about 6 months practically lived on ramen noodles and coke, then my tongue split in the middle. It was very painful and it never went back to normal it's like a permanent scar. When I tried out the milk diet I got geographic tongue, it's mostly pink now. Anyway, I'm sure vitamin deficiencies have been a big one for me in my life.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Logging foods does not tell what is being absorbed. Many variables are involved with how much an individual needs. What may be excellent for one may be totally inadequate for another. I am always surprised at what I find, even with the most robust diet and you never know unless you are testing. Certain disease conditions and metabolic states require higher nutrient levels. Women have higher needs than men in supporting a menstrual cycle, pregnancy, lactation and yes the estrogenicity issue.

InChristAlone

Logging foods does not tell what is being absorbed. Many variables are involved with how much an individual needs. What may be excellent for one may be totally inadequate for another. I am always surprised at what I find, even with the most robust diet and you never know unless you are testing. Certain disease conditions and metabolic states require higher nutrient levels. Women have higher needs than men in supporting a menstrual cycle, pregnancy, lactation and yes the estrogenicity issue.
Yeah seriously I breastfed for 9 yrs. Two kids. That's when my health crashed. Too much refined food. I blame Peat fans. :D It's my own fault, I was doing well on a more traditional diet just struggled with low temps.

Ella

Forum Supporter
It is not your fault @Janelle525, blame our idiotic health system, or rather our sick generating system.

Breastfeeding for 9 years would have sucked you dry (forgive the pun). B-vitamins being water-soluble would deplete rapidly. Not to mention the stress of looking after little ones.
Even on a really good varied diet, you would be blitzing through your nutrients. Slowing down thyroid production was the only option your body had to help you to start conserving nutrients.

InChristAlone

It is not your fault @Janelle525, blame our idiotic health system, or rather our sick generating system.

Breastfeeding for 9 years would have sucked you dry (forgive the pun). B-vitamins being water-soluble would deplete rapidly. Not to mention the stress of looking after little ones.
Even on a really good varied diet, you would be blitzing through your nutrients. Slowing down thyroid production was the only option your body had to help you to start conserving nutrients.
Thanks @Ella I am pretty hard on myself. And maybe that's why I get upset when people say we just need to eat a good diet and forgo supplements because maybe had I just taken enough vitamins and minerals I wouldn't have suffered so greatly. I mean I was practically bed ridden at times. To think just eating good food is enough after such depletion is nuts!

Ella

Forum Supporter
Diet is only one factor. Rest/sleep and regeneration are required equal to the amount of busyness. Unfortunately, as a mum you never get to clock off, no matter how old the children. Modern day life is a killer for the modern woman. Take the pressure off and try to have more fun and recruit more help. We can't keep flogging ourselves to death and unfortunately we can't get rid of our children, husbands, parents and extended family. But we can learn to say no and let others know we need help and looking after also. Its OK to be imperfect, we are a work in progress.

InChristAlone

Diet is only one factor. Rest/sleep and regeneration are required equal to the amount of busyness. Unfortunately, as a mum you never get to clock off, no matter how old the children. Modern day life is a killer for the modern woman. Take the pressure off and try to have more fun and recruit more help. We can't keep flogging ourselves to death and unfortunately we can't get rid of our children, husbands, parents and extended family. But we can learn to say no and let others know we need help and looking after also. Its OK to be imperfect, we are a work in progress.
I totally agree! Rest was a huge part of my recovery. And for a long time I only did what I needed to do-take care of the kids. Fun for me was just getting time to myself. Lol. Now I have fun with my kids. We have a pool this summer and are right next to a park so we've been busy. And I don't crash like I used to. Though I'm still working up to flips in the pool. That can get my heart pounding if I'm not careful. I do wish I had more help back when I felt like death. I carry some resentment due to it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals