The Effects Of Vitamin A Compounds On Hyaluronic Acid Released From Cultured Rabbit Corneal Epitheli

paymanz

The effects of vitamin A compounds on hyaluronic acid released from cultured rabbit corneal epithelial cells and keratocytes. - PubMed - NCBI

A role of vitamin A in the synthesis of hyaluronic acid by skin cells is well known. Hyaluronic acid is produced by corneal epithelial cells and keratocytes in the eye. We investigated whether rabbit corneal epithelial cells and keratocytes release hyaluronic acid after exposure to vitamin A compounds. Rabbit corneal epithelial cells and keratocytes were inoculated with RCGM2 medium and incubated at 37ºC under 5% CO(2) in air for 24 h. The medium was then replaced with medium containing 0.1, 1, 10, or 100 μM retinoic acid or retinol palmitate (VApal) and incubated for another 48 h. Hyaluronic acid release from both corneal epithelial cells and keratocytes during culture was increased by retinoic acid at the lower concentration of 0.1 μM and 1 μM determined with a sandwich binding protein assay kit. However, it was significantly decreased at the higher concentrations of 10 μM and 100 μM, and the cell count determined with a Neutral Red assay kit was also decreased at these concentrations. On the other hand, hyaluronic acid release from corneal epithelial cells during culture was increased by VApal at the lower concentration of 0.1 μM and 1 μM, but there was no significant difference in the cell count for either corneal epithelial cells or keratocytes in the presence of VApal at any concentration. In conclusion, it is suggested that vitamin A stimulates the release of hyaluronic acid from cultured rabbit corneal epithelial cells and keratocytes.

moa

Many peaty nutrients simulate hyaluronic acid : fructose, vitamine A. And estradiol and cortisone decrease it.

It might be a good subterane, however it stores water and Ray peat said cells tend to swell when stressed. How is this good then for the body to have a molécule swelling with water?

OP
P

paymanz

Many peaty nutrients simulate hyaluronic acid : fructose, vitamine A. And estradiol and cortisone decrease it.

It might be a good subterane, however it stores water and Ray peat said cells tend to swell when stressed. How is this good then for the body to have a molécule swelling with water?
I guess it differs from free unorganized water. Also it is extracellular water.

Last edited:

moa

So you disagree with the vitamin A toxicity trend. I think vitamin A is not toxic in the long term (for healthy metabolisms !), only with supplements in the water soluble form. As for the reason, it seems according to Ray peat, that the body has built in mechanisms to take away excess vitamin a. When vitamin a is taken in this form, the body native regulations kick in and because of the high dose, there is a temporary lack of active vitamin A in the tissue as the body try to get rid of excess.

What we call vitamin A toxicity is this temporary and partial vitamin A deficiency as the body takes away more than usual excess vitamin A.

The symptoms of vitamin A toxicity overlap with symptoms of deficiency as a hormonal regulator, but not all the symptoms in the eyes that are more popular. Or if you prefer, this are the symptoms you would have on extreme vitamin a deficiency if you ignore eyes and skin symptoms and continue to increase deficiency.

Even more I've heard people taking moderate to high vitamin A supplements for weeks and then after stopping them experienced toxicity after a few days, the body is activating the vitamin A excess regulation and when supplements are stopped, the body does not deactivate this, it takes a few days or weeks, thus this so called toxicity symptoms after stopping the supplements not while taking them.

i believe that any symptomatology from retinol stems from dietary insufficiencies like zinc deficiency.
Most People do not have Retinol excess at all,it isnt in their feeding Patterns.Xerosis,Dry Eye Syndroms are
exceptionally common,most People just dont eat Liver.

moa

Maybe Cooper deficiency too more than Zinc. Actually Cooper is the element for Oxygen transport, some marine blue blood animals only have Cooper. Iron is that most abundant element and we use iron only because Cooper is sooooo much a rare element, do we adapted to use iron for blood transit, but still need some Cooper to regulate iron and Oxygen inside the cell. I wonder if we could survive or even thrive on blue blood without any iron in the food but lots of Cooper, I mean we mammals, no such study had been done yet?

I think we should think out of the box, we don't have to just accept that red blood is necessary dependent on iron to function as owr ancestors had blue blood and we have their genes too.

we should have Cooper laced-blue blood, it would be a change of pace for sure =]

OP
P

paymanz

So you disagree with the vitamin A toxicity trend. I think vitamin A is not toxic in the long term (for healthy metabolisms !), only with supplements in the water soluble form. As for the reason, it seems according to Ray peat, that the body has built in mechanisms to take away excess vitamin a. When vitamin a is taken in this form, the body native regulations kick in and because of the high dose, there is a temporary lack of active vitamin A in the tissue as the body try to get rid of excess.

What we call vitamin A toxicity is this temporary and partial vitamin A deficiency as the body takes away more than usual excess vitamin A.

The symptoms of vitamin A toxicity overlap with symptoms of deficiency as a hormonal regulator, but not all the symptoms in the eyes that are more popular. Or if you prefer, this are the symptoms you would have on extreme vitamin a deficiency if you ignore eyes and skin symptoms and continue to increase deficiency.

Even more I've heard people taking moderate to high vitamin A supplements for weeks and then after stopping them experienced toxicity after a few days, the body is activating the vitamin A excess regulation and when supplements are stopped, the body does not deactivate this, it takes a few days or weeks, thus this so called toxicity symptoms after stopping the supplements not while taking them.
Apparently they think vitamin A is sole cause of disease, that cant be correct imo because all animals have vit A in their diet, even more than what we have.

Also a legit expert like chris masterjohn disagree with the vit A toxicity idea.

Apparently they think vitamin A is sole cause of disease, that cant be correct imo because all animals have vit A in their diet, even more than what we have.

Also a legit expert like chris masterjohn disagree with with the vit A toxicity idea.

This.And if you are not an nutrition-esoteric like i am and you have Health Issues,look at chris masterjohn.

moa

Ray thinks there are only a few base energy or frequency structures of cell matter, with variations. Many hormones have similar activity. Minerals also he said you can in emergency just give any minéral not only sodium. This is why it is good idea to imagine a hirarchy of minerals, sodium being the one less active but more important in regulating other minerals like magnesium and potassium and magnesium regulates calcium in turn. Cooper regulates iron.

For example, there is very little good in human body, the the few good is almost all in the heart. If good does not play any role, why in the heart muscle? It is not even a storage organ or a detox organ. There must be an explanation why most of the good is in the heart, even in trace amounts. We really know nothing about biological chemistry.

Sugar is the only energy source that is essential for good long term health (protein is not an energy source or should not be but it's needed not for energy but for structure).

Besides that, there are minerals, and all b vitamins used to support mitochondrial energy mostly excepting vitamin a, d, k used for hormonal balance mostly.

It is not complicated, minerals are the last understood, their role is the least studied by science, they are only seen as accessories in protein molecules, the DNA making the protein is the important but minerals are only three last step, while in reality all the proteins in the body are made around minerals and because of minerals and their activity witch we know very little about.

Even the energy of the cell is used mostly to accommodate mineral balance, keep calcium outside the cell, keep magnesium inside.

It is not the magnesium that is used for energy, it is the energy that is needed to keep magnésium inside and other minerals.

Minerals are more receptive to magnetic fields and they allow expression of structure to restructure the water, and all energy is bound to magnesium in the cell.

I do not think water will be able to create complex life forms with only proteins without minerals.

moa

Other mineral besides gold we are told has no role in human body. What if I told you I have a substance that has no role in human body, not very toxic either, but if you use it to much it can cause some minor changes... Like change you skin color for life, let's say you are white/pink you can become really blue, not Pink. But don't worry, even when you stop taking the pill you will stay the same blue color for life like the Hindu Siva deity... And don't forget, this mineral silver does not play any role at all in human body.... Your skin color change is just bad luck and because of too many boliwood movies, your DNA is the same as you were born as silver is not mutagenic.

Other mineral besides gold we are told has no role in human body. What if I told you I have a substance that has no role in human body, not very toxic either, but if you use it to much it can cause some minor changes... Like change you skin color for life, let's say you are white/pink you can become really blue, not Pink. But don't worry, even when you stop taking the pill you will stay the same blue color for life like the Hindu Siva deity... And don't forget, this mineral silver does not play any role at all in human body.... Your skin color change is just bad luck and because of too many boliwood movies, your DNA is the same as you were born as silver is not mutagenic.

No,not at all.Peat doesnt know what he is talking about,and minerals(chemical elements) do matter,enormously,
they aint interchangeable most of the time,almost all unphysiologic elements are Poisonous,like sliver,Aluminum,Lead,
Mercury and so on and so on.

OP
P

paymanz

When did ray said aluminum can replace sodium?!!

He said to some degree electrolytes could be used interchangeably.

I think he says that because most of body energy is used for osmoregulation and so all of these bulk minerals like sodium, potassium, chloride, magnesium... Could replace each other as Major solutes.

Just my opinion.

moa

When did ray said aluminum can replace sodium?!!

He said to some degree electrolytes could be used interchangeably.

I think he says that because most of body energy is used for osmoregulation and so all of these bulk minerals like sodium, potassium, chloride, magnesium... Could replace each other as Major solutes.

Just my opinion.

Je sais about blood minerals, sodium potassium magnésium and calcium, not heavy metals or aluminium. I think sodium is the best for osmo régulation, with the last side effects (magnesium is too irritating to gut, potassium is not as safe as sodium in high quantities). Sodium gets often all the blame in popular view despite being the most safe of all even in very hight quantities.

They all act like second messenger systems or hormonal networks,you cant substitute them really.
i posted elsewhere about substituting potassium with sodium and the insane effects it confers.

moa

Interesting, really minerals are the most complex, mainstream still is confused about energy role, but minerals are much more complex (lack of cell energy is still the single most important because of hunger in the past and pufa today).

Right now I think magnesium, salt and Cooper are most important.

When I cook squash, vapor, the water is full of potassium and other.

I always drink the water as a refreshing after coming it. The taste of potassium is very hard on my thong, but i figured out only adding a good amount of salt to it changes the taste to a very appealing refreshing water.

Yes.thats what is happening. its called osmotically inactive Na+ Retention.
Potassium gets out,Sodium gets in.Not governed by any meaningful instance.
if there is high-salt stress,it just gets exchanged,no volume increase,and
Na+ Signalling without Reason.Its toxic and Harmful.Measurement of
Lipid Peroxidation from Normal to Low Salt Diet-switch:50 % after a couple of weeks.
Hi-Dose Vitamin E in the range of 3200IU per day for months can only reduce it by 25%.
Sodium is a µicronutrient,they made a Macro out of it.Its not some kind of anti stress substance.
Most people have salt retention in their skin and their musculature,from there it
drives toxic inflammation and Th17 polarization-mediated autoimmunity.

moa

I thought salt was peaty... I think he said eat up to 10 grams of sodium, that is even more salt like one tablespoon or two per day.

In old times people consumed more like 4 tablespoons per day as they used to preserve cheese and meat.

I thought salt was peaty... I think he said eat up to 10 grams of sodium, that is even more salt like one tablespoon or two per day.

In old times people consumed more like 4 tablespoons per day as they used to preserve cheese and meat.

Salt is Peaty,and its where he is mistaken.Most People are clinging to Sodium,its a Low-Dose but commonly encountered element in natural occuring foodchoices.
The capacity to cling to it is enormous.even advanced kidney failures can uphold Na+ even if they have only 20%
nephrons left.He sees it way too mechanistic,the old renin-angiotensin explanations.Its autoimmune-driven,Sodium is messenger for induction und maintenance of immuneanswer to severe intracellular infection.and lots of observations are toxicity symptoms,higher bodytemp is systemic
inflammation,higher Pulse also,higher energyexpenditure is due to catabolic and toxic effects.It isnt his fault though,
it is rather new,consolidated and interdisciplinary effort that yielded a new Paradigm.