The effects of Covid on babies and children

vickypicky

My family of 6 all had Covid 5 months ago and we are still struggling.

My now 15 month old isn’t walking yet (he’s my fourth and all my children walked by 1) I also think it’s super sus that earlier this year the CDC updated their milestones for babies, changing the expected walking age to 18 months from 12 months.

My 4 year old along with my 15 month old still have had congested and runny noses ever since they got sick with Covid.

My 4 year old started drooling while talking - had never done that before Covid.

There is something going on and I’m so scared for my children and their health!

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any answers? And remedies?

Thank you so much ???

Peatful

Hi.

Were your children masked for preschool or to go out in public a lot?
Masking has (profound) effects on development.
Profound is in parenthesis because there are very few conclusive studies to reference.

Those things you mention are minor.
Do they feel minor as a mom?
No!
But they are. They will pass.

Remember- these little ones can and will pick up your stress.

Enjoy as best as you can.
Long days but short years right?

If I met them I probably wouldn’t note any of these “problems” and just see beautiful happy children.

Beastmode

Oxidative stress impacts everyone at different degrees relative to age, health status and other factors.

We all most definitely had it in our house, however, our approach just strengthened on making sure we do the consistent things day in and day out (i.e- not eating pufas, getting adequate sunlight daily, etc.)

Consider that your 4th child was born at a time of a lot of stress around the world. However, correlation doesn't equal causation and that's not necessarily the reason why you're little one isn't walking yet. Also, depending on how mineralized, healthy, time between having the last kid(s) all play a strong role in what the next kid's experience will be; early on especially.

Sometimes we might overreact, as parents, on what we think we have to do without reflecting back on what we've been doing that can easily be shifted.

Before people here start throwing out different supplement names and other b.s, start at the very basics and be honest with what you're doing and not.

Good luck!

OP
vickypicky

vickypicky

Oxidative stress impacts everyone at different degrees relative to age, health status and other factors.

We all most definitely had it in our house, however, our approach just strengthened on making sure we do the consistent things day in and day out (i.e- not eating pufas, getting adequate sunlight daily, etc.)

Consider that your 4th child was born at a time of a lot of stress around the world. However, correlation doesn't equal causation and that's not necessarily the reason why you're little one isn't walking yet. Also, depending on how mineralized, healthy, time between having the last kid(s) all play a strong role in what the next kid's experience will be; early on especially.

Sometimes we might overreact, as parents, on what we think we have to do without reflecting back on what we've been doing that can easily be shifted.

Before people here start throwing out different supplement names and other b.s, start at the very basics and be honest with what you're doing and not.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for your encouraging reply and taking the time to do so. It means a lot!

There’s a lot to think about and improve on. Thanks so much!!!! ??

Beastmode

Thank you so much for your encouraging reply and taking the time to do so. It means a lot!

There’s a lot to think about and improve on. Thanks so much!!!! ??
You're welcome!

As a parent, I say one of the greatest gifts we can offer our children, is our own transformation.

JamesGatz

Hi.

Were your children masked for preschool or to go out in public a lot?
Masking has (profound) effects on development.
Profound is in parenthesis because there are very few conclusive studies to reference.
I re-iterate this - I have a good link to the kind of damage it does and in my view - it barely scratches the surface of the extent of the damage - There is definitely some kind of crisis happening with young adults, teens, and children from what I've noticed in schools - I believe it has little to do with covid and a lot to do with the muzzles people wear on their faces

lampofred

I think COVID somehow greatly magnifies the influence of iron in the body, and too much iron has the effect of breaking bones, affecting walking ability and general stability. Unfortunately I don't know of any quick remedies, I think only a lifestyle change would be helpful, and it's hard to be specific about what exactly might be helpful, but one thing I can think of is avoiding excess sensory stimulation (like smartphones) because excess sensory stimulation is overwhelming when iron is high and can worsen balance and coordination. Parenting this post-COVID generation of children might be radically different than any previous generation.

P

Peatness

I’m convinced we are being poisoned by our food and water, more so than before. I include whatever is being sprayed in the sky as poisons. More people I know are complaining of not bouncing back as usual after short illnesses like colds and injuries. I am sure the op has addressed nutritional solutions so I’m wondering if you and your children might be exposed to more radiation than usual. Children’s health defence has great resources about mitigating the effects of radiation . I’ve linked their articles on this thread as well.

David PS

1663619594198.png

David PS