The Eczema Thread

Vileplume

I had dermatitis for 10 years and my cure was antagonizing endotoxin. Activated charcoal was my go to. I now no longer have dermatitis going on about two years now.

I also now take extremely low dose antibiotics three days a week. I no longer even need occasional charcoal, though I’m still happy to take it once a week just in case.

Maybe that’s just what helped my skin, but I’m inclined to believe, (based on helping others) that skin issues are just symptoms of endotoxin.
Hey Evan, are you still taking low-dose antibiotics every day? How is it going with that? I have some doxycycline that I think I'm going to try.

I saw in one of your posts, you mentioned 40 mg daily. Are you still taking this amount?

Thanks for all your posts about healing the gut.

EvanHinkle

Hey Evan, are you still taking low-dose antibiotics every day? How is it going with that? I have some doxycycline that I think I'm going to try.

I saw in one of your posts, you mentioned 40 mg daily. Are you still taking this amount?

Thanks for all your posts about healing the gut.
Hey, no problem at all, glad something I contributed could be helpful.

I’m not taking the antibiotics daily anymore, (not sure I need to). I’ve moved to three times a week with about 100mg of doxy. I seem to like doxy best but have also tried minocycline too. Some of my reasoning for this is based on a few interesting pieces of literature on tetracycline antibiotics that I’ve come across. I’ll link them here.

Based on what I’ve read it appears that tetracyclines and macrolides are long term low dose treatments for chronic infections that parade as autoimmunity. The types of bacteria they seem to effect lack a cell wall and so as a result reside intercellularly. This makes them very hard to diagnose and very hard to eliminate, (however long term low dose tetracycline therapy has been used for a long time and appears safe to me). Of course I would never recommend that anyone proceed in this manner and they should do their own research and consult with their physician.

I should note that I feel better than ever. And that I’m also in week four of Rapamycin usage as well, (there’s a pretty popular thread on that here in the forum).

Last edited:

Vileplume

Hey, no problem at all, glad something I contributed could be helpful.

I’m not taking the antibiotics daily anymore, (not sure I need to). I’ve moved to three times a week with about 100mg of doxy. I seem to like doxy best but have also tried minocycline too. Some of my reasoning for this is based on a few interesting pieces of literature on tetracycline antibiotics that I’ve come across. I’ll link them here.
Awesome, thank you!

bigc

Brown's justification for pulse dosing from the book "The New Arthritis Breakthrough".
During periods when the patients were hospitalized for intensive therapy, Dr. Brown concentrated the treatment for maximum impact, and for the same reasons Dr. Dawkins took an even more aggressive approach at such times. But for the maintenance programs by which this therapy was administered the rest of the time, most other experienced doctors, including Dawkins, followed Brown's technique of spacing the doses in response to the needs of the patient. At one point Carol Lange was on a schedule of' five days of medication followed by two days off, and at other times she was on every other day, every third day, or two on and one off; the most common schedule was three times a week, with nothing on Saturdays and Sundays. The principle behind this irregular schedule was based on the fact that tetracycline will stay in the body for forty-eight hours or more after oral administration. The spacing allowed the body to rest between doses without losing the cumulative impact of the antibiotic, which is held in low-metabolizing tissues such as bones and cartilage where it can still be drawn into the system, albeit at lower levels, even on days when no drug is given. The Road Back Foundation recently developed a graph showing the relationship between the peaking of antibiotic activity and the subsequent peaking of antigenic activity with the use of minocycline. Daily doses create a relatively steady condition in which the minocycline might be expected to initiate a hypersensitivity reaction, while alternating doses avoids the overlapping effect and can sometimes, although not always, allow the hypersensitivity reaction to remit. Likewise, too much antibiotic at any one time can trigger a similar problem that is often relieved by nothing more complex than an adjustment in the dose. Dr. Brown's longtime laboratory director, Harold Clark, says two other advantages of the pulse method are that the off days give the body tissues a respite from the oxidation associated with the use of antibiotics, as well as providing an interim for restoration of normal protein synthesis in the cells. Mycoplasmas are relatively lethargic reproducers, so any such small hiatus is unlikely to encourage a breeding spree.

Tangentially related study: Borrelia burgdorferi, the Causative Agent of Lyme Disease, Forms Drug-Tolerant Persister Cells. Unlike the topic of this study, aforementioned mycoplasma lack a cell wall.

The lowest concentration of antibiotics that showed inhibition of growth was interpreted as the MIC.
Previous studies have shown that the persister fraction in other bacteria remains relatively unchanged even as the antibiotic level increases. We sought to determine if B. burgdorferi persisters behaved similarly in a dose-dependent killing experiment. As the concentration of amoxicillin and ceftriaxone increased, the fraction of surviving cells remained largely unchanged (Figures 1b-c). Doxycycline is a bacteriostatic antibiotic, but at higher concentrations appeared to effectively kill B. burgdorferi (Figure 1d). Again, the fraction of surviving cells did not change significantly with increasing levels of the compound. Thus, B. burgdorferi forms persisters capable of surviving very high concentrations of antibiotics, which exceed what is clinically achievable.
Next, we tested whether the B. burgdorferi cells surviving antibiotic treatment are drug-tolerant persisters or resistant mutants. For this, colonies produced by the surviving cells were regrown and tested for MIC. The amoxicillin and ceftriaxone MIC remained unchanged, showing that surviving cells had not acquired or developed a genetic mechanism for antibiotic resistance. The population grown from the surviving cells produced the same level of persisters as the original population (Figure 3). These experiments show that B. burgdorferi forms typical persister cells.
All possible two-drug combinations of amoxicillin, ceftriaxone, and doxycycline were tested with a late-exponential phase culture in a time-dependent killing experiment and found to be no more effective than the drugs used individually in killing of B. burgdorferi (Figure 4a). Doxycycline actually inhibited the action of amoxicillin.
Pulse-dosing. Apart from identifying compounds capable of killing persisters, it may also be possible to eliminate them with conventional bactericidal antibiotics using pulse-dosing. Based on our results, the level of persisters is lowest during early exponential growth (Figure 2). We reasoned that allowing growth to resume and then re-treating them as they enter exponential phase could kill persisters surviving an antibiotic challenge. Eradication of the culture could then be achieved after several rounds of killing and regrowth.
The surviving persisters were allowed to resuscitate for a short period of time in fresh media, and then exposed to antibiotic again for a second round of killing. Persisters were substantially diminished after four rounds of killing with amoxicillin, and were eradicated below the limit of detection after four rounds of killing with ceftriaxone.

mattmm24

I wanted to start a thread of things that have helped your eczema.

I used to have eczema every winter. I tried some pregnenolone and progesterone last winter and it went away quite quickly.

I thought perhaps this was just luck since I tried it around the time winter was ending and I was getting more vitamin D.

However it doesn’t seem to be luck as I tried progesterone again near a small patch of eczema and it is already starting to improve!

What have you used for eczema? Do you also find progesterone helps?
It takes discipline. But cut out all sugar. And seed oils. Make sure fats are no more than 20% of your diet. Supplement vitamin d without any bad fillers. Also k2 magnesium. Use near infrared suana on the areas effected. Potentially some coffee enemas. You are basically making your body uninhabitable for skin issues. Oh and you might incorporate dry brushing as well. Lastly, drink 3/4 liter of water.

facesavant

Fasting kills/starves the bacteria responsible for endotoxin. I used to dry fast and water fast for my dermatitis, and it always worked. About a year and a half ago I “cured” it with activated charcoal, (it blocks the endotoxin receptor-thank you Dr. Peat). Activated charcoal is much better, (to me, in my opinion) than fasting. I like to eat!
Hi There,
I agree with the endotoxin theory.
Which activated charcoal did you use? ( I could only find a fine powder capsule)
How often did you take it?
Do you still use it as maintenance once in a while?
Thank you

EvanHinkle

Hi There,
I agree with the endotoxin theory.
Which activated charcoal did you use? ( I could only find a fine powder capsule)
How often did you take it?
Do you still use it as maintenance once in a while?
Thank you
I just used any food grade powder I could find. I tended to do better mixing the powder with water vs capsules.

I no longer need charcoal as I’ve improved my metabolism. I did a few rounds of high dose caffeine that seemed to help my liver, (if skin issues are bacterial/endotoxin in nature the liver is going to need to work hard). I also take a large dose of B vitamins daily in the amount Georgi Dinkov used to cure cancer in rats that had human tumors grafted to them.

I can’t say which intervention truly “cured” my skin, but these are the three biggest things I did, (charcoal, caffeine, and B vitamins).

maxonz

I started taking creatine and my eczema improved drastically, dont know how but the difference is dramatic and only thing I changed was taking creatine

EvanHinkle

I started taking creatine and my eczema improved drastically, dont know how but the difference is dramatic and only thing I changed was taking creatine
It’s not crazy that it would help. Creatine helps to build muscle, which in turn improves glycogen storage. If you have poor liver function and storing glycogen in the liver is difficult, adding additional glycogen storage tanks, (in the form of increased muscle mass) could take some of the burden of glycogen storage off the liver. Better glycogen storage means more distance between an initial stress response and the resulting cascade of stress hormones.

kYgirl

I just used any food grade powder I could find. I tended to do better mixing the powder with water vs capsules.

I no longer need charcoal as I’ve improved my metabolism. I did a few rounds of high dose caffeine that seemed to help my liver, (if skin issues are bacterial/endotoxin in nature the liver is going to need to work hard). I also take a large dose of B vitamins daily in the amount Georgi Dinkov used to cure cancer in rats that had human tumors grafted to them.

I can’t say which intervention truly “cured” my skin, but these are the three biggest things I did, (charcoal, caffeine, and B vitamins).
How many times per day did you take the charcoal? Since it binds with nutrients and carries them out of your body, it has to taken away from food. I'm not sure when to try to fit that in. Also, I could not find the thread on the B vitamins from Georgi. Do you have a link for that? Many thanks!

EvanHinkle

How many times per day did you take the charcoal? Since it binds with nutrients and carries them out of your body, it has to taken away from food. I'm not sure when to try to fit that in. Also, I could not find the thread on the B vitamins from Georgi. Do you have a link for that? Many thanks!
I was in such despair that I didn’t worry about the timing of the charcoal, (in fact, initially I took 2 tablespoons directly after breakfast lunch and dinner). I did this for about two weeks and then tapered off to once a day, and then once a week and finally only as needed, (and I haven’t taken charcoal is several months now).

The B vitamins I take are high dose and are based on body weight. I don’t have a link because Georgi talked about it on a recent podcast with Danny Roddy. I personally take, but would not recommend, 2700mg of niacinamide, 1350mg of thiamine, and 180mg of biotin. I weigh about 205lbs. This is based on a study Georgi conducted curing rats with transplanted human tumors.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis and the likes is simply "vitamin A" toxicity.

kYgirl

I was in such despair that I didn’t worry about the timing of the charcoal, (in fact, initially I took 2 tablespoons directly after breakfast lunch and dinner). I did this for about two weeks and then tapered off to once a day, and then once a week and finally only as needed, (and I haven’t taken charcoal is several months now).

The B vitamins I take are high dose and are based on body weight. I don’t have a link because Georgi talked about it on a recent podcast with Danny Roddy. I personally take, but would not recommend, 2700mg of niacinamide, 1350mg of thiamine, and 180mg of biotin. I weigh about 205lbs. This is based on a study Georgi conducted curing rats with transplanted human tumors.
Thank you. I understand the despair. I have been dealing with this for two years and it has been the worst time of my life. Pretty much covered in rashes, itching day and night, no sleep, skin peeling off 24/7, infections, etc. I am now on Adbry injections; started two months ago. Eczema 95 percent gone!!! but it is starting to come back. Working with an alternative practitioner to get to the root cause so I don't have to take injections the rest of my life.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Do you really believe that to be the case? Have you experimented? It's possible that it is.
It is absolutely the case and yes I have experienced it and am living proof.

mattmm24

It is absolutely the case and yes I have experienced it and am living proof.
Nice. I’ve watched some of garret smiths live streams and molybdenum helps me literally more than anything. I think a lot of people have undiagnosed sulfur issues including myself.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What is your diet like?
Mostly beef, brown rice, hominy, some turkey, apples, bananas, white rice, pinto beans, RO or distilled water, some chicken, green grapes, occasional sourdough bread, white corn masa on occasion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals