The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

Richiebogie

Hi @Travis,

I think flat earth / ball earth is probably a good entry point for people who have never looked into astronomy before. I reckon people should be encouraged to consider all things and test all things. I hope though, that when they find the Earth is a ball they don't automatically accept all other media sanctioned positions.

Space station live feed:

Jarman, is that live stream footage of the outside of the International Space Station meant to be now, or an hour ago, or some event in the past?

It is actually an hour of footage on a loop, though I think part of the foreground footage of the astronauts doubles up during the hour, while the distant Earth footage changes over the hour, though there is only a few minutes when the earth is in darkness, and never is the Space Station in the shadow of the earth.

If I am right that the foreground footage is repeated with different background then it has to be green screen work!

Otherwise NASA could just claim they accidentally were not providing live images.

I'm not sure if they will change the tape tomorrow but it has been repeating all of today!

Last edited:

Travis

I hope though, that when they find the Earth is a ball they don't automatically accept all other media sanctioned positions.
Me too. It's like the media sets-up a false dichotomy with the term "conspiracy theorist", throws a flat-Earth psyop into the group, and pretends that everyone who investigates the Apollo missions and 9/11 are similarly "wacky".

A good amount of energy is spent in making non-official versions of events seem absurd, even if that means actively creating absurdities themselves and pretending that "conspiracy theorists" created it.

People like David Icke will take a group of people—who know that the government has lied about certain things—and forcefully inject the most outlandish imaginings of "lizard people" into their brains as soon as he gains their trust by telling them a few things that they already know. This incapacitates them with stupidity and enforces the stereotype of "conspiracy theorists" in general, so most of the public can just go on pretending that all social critics and history revisionists are insane.

This method actually works. Now many people won't investigate the Apollo moon landings critically in fear of being associated with flat-Earthers.

But truth isn't a popularity contest, and if it were, we would have to rewrite the history books on the JFK assassination. Most Americans actually believe that there was a conspiracy* (see Gallup poll), since the physical law of Conservation of Momentum does not usually fail. Most people who watch the Zapruder Film know that JFK was shot from the front despite the talking heads and history books saying otherwise. Even the House of Representatives agree.

*The term "conspiracy theorist" derives directly from the JFK assassination.

Herbie

What about the Rebull Stratosphere jump with Felix Baumgartner.

It wasn't a nasa mission but the curvature can be seen in the video.

Jarman

Hi @Travis,

I think flat earth / ball earth is probably a good entry point for people who have never looked into astronomy before. I reckon people should be encouraged to consider all things and test all things. I hope though, that when they find the Earth is a ball they don't automatically accept all other media sanctioned positions.

Jarman, is that live stream footage of the outside of the International Space Station meant to be now, or an hour ago, or some event in the past?

It is actually an hour of footage on a loop, though I think part of the foreground footage of the astronauts doubles up during the hour, while the distant Earth footage changes over the hour, though there is only a few minutes when the earth is in darkness, and never is the Space Station in the shadow of the earth.

If I am right that the foreground footage is repeated with different background then it has to be green screen work!

Otherwise NASA could just claim they accidentally were not providing live images.

I'm not sure if they will change the tape tomorrow but it has been repeating all of today!

So how about this flat-earth debunk below? Are all pilots and aviation industry brainwashed to take these routes?
The Santiago–Sydney Antarctic ‘Smile’: QF28

Flat Earth Theory Debunked by Short Flights (QF27 & QF28) From Australia to South America

img_0303-jpg.26943

Richiebogie

Hi @Jarman. Are you asking me or the OP?

I believe the Earth is a ball.

My point was that youtube has a special live feed from the international space station but it shows the same hour over and over.

I expected to see views from the space station looking down on the same part of the earth as shown in ISSTracker.com

Your other arguments are fine.

x-ray peat

My point was that youtube has a special live feed from the international space station but it shows the same hour over and over.

I expected to see views from the space station looking down on the same part of the earth as shown in ISSTracker.com

There is something very fishy about the ISS. Check out the female astronauts hair. It is not flowing around naturally like you would expect but seems to be frozen upside down with a ton of hair spray and gel. I think its all done on a sound stage in LA.

Travis

I agree. Whether or not the ISS exists, it is quite obvious that some of the footage was filmed in Earth with the help of wires and green-screens to give the impression of zero gravity.

Herbie

I think what the flat earth/ globe debate represents firstly that Americans have low trust their government and associated organisations and that unless we can test it and see it with our own eyes, we actually don't know definitely about anything and either can choose to not believe in anything or trust what others put forward or believe in alternative theories. It seems that all of these theories just breed lack of trust and confusion which probably makes peoples belief systems vulnerable.

Is it a coincidence that nearly all the conspiracy theories and alternate theories stem form the USA. Coming from Australia its very clear to observe this phenomena.

Travis

There are theories and then there are disinformation campaigns. I think it's a good idea to always differentiate between the two. The people behind the flat-Earth always try to elevate it to the level of a "theory", and call the disinformation that they are pushing "debate".

I always try to remind them how it really is.

Is it a coincidence that nearly all the conspiracy theories and alternate theories stem form the USA. Coming from Australia its very clear to observe this phenomena.
But Australia does have its share of alternatives. Max Igan and Santos Bonacci come to mind.

Richiebogie

The Big Bang Theory put Howard on its own version of the ISS.

The results were similar to NASA's.

Space X is faking a lot of stuff too like their upright sea landings.

I first thought they would need about as much energy to get down as it took to get up. (You are fighting gravity in both directions).

The rocket is low on fuel though, so it would be much lighter on return.

The Tesla and supercharging stations are not fake. You can do a lot with incremental continuous improvement. This is what computers and robots allow.

Last edited:

Jarman

Ooops sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you're also a flat-earth believer.

TeslaFan

From personal experience I can say Earth definitely behaves as a globe, in a sense that if you keep moving in one direction you'll end up where you started. I have experienced this twice in international travel. However, that does not imply that Earth has to have a shape. Perhaps, that is just how it operates. Nikola Tesla said something interesting about Earth.

"Earth is a realm, it is not a planet. It is not an object, therefore, it has no edge.
Earth would be more easily defined as a system environment." ~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited:
From personal experience I can say Earth definitely behaves as a globe, in a sense that if you keep moving in one direction you'll end up where you started. I have experienced this twice in international travel. However, that does not imply that Earth has to have a shape. Perhaps, that is just how it operates. Nikola Tesla said something interesting about Earth.

"Earth is a realm, it is not a planet. It is not an object, therefore, it has no edge.
Earth would be more easily defined as a system environment." ~ Nikola Tesla

What does that even mean? and what is the context?

Seems like the reason the horizon curves up and down in the video OP posted is cuz of camera lens distortion...

tara

This whole thread gave me terminal cancer.
Don't despair. I think there's a good chance that getting out of the potentially harmful environment quickly and into one where you can be exposed to large doses of reality and reason has a good chance of counteracting it in time. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals