The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

IThere are some serious mental problems going on here, specifically amongst the Peat set. At first I just thought it was a subsection which mirrors broader society, where there always a few loons, but I am seriously starting to think it is related in some way to the Peat diet and deficiences, or (more likely) the number of crazy supplement and the supplement hucksters which seem to swarm here. Low PUFA is relatively easy, but I am guessing all the other stuff going on here is producing some kind of retardation. Even the ones who seem sane in the replies, seem to countenance their comments with additional insanity. 'This flat earth theory is bogus, but it was a CIA plot to create an implausible conspiracy'? If I were on the outside looking in, I would be hesitant to join in this lifestyle, being honest.
Been nice having you

OrangeJuice

Guys, your math is all wrong.

y = - L^2 / 8R

As for the curvature of the actual earth, you just have to plug in,
for R, the radius of the earth, which is about ~4000 miles. So, if
L = 10 miles, then:

y = (100/32,000) miles (about 16 feet), or 16 feet of curvature over 10 miles

For this example...~50 Miles away...
y = (2500/32,000) miles (about 412 feet of curvature), so about 400 feet of buildings should be below the horizon?? maybe?)

Source: http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/54904.html

Jarman

I don't agree with flat earth theory. Flying intercontinents proves that the earth is round, not flat.

maxresdefault.jpg

If earth is flat, all flights will be straight lines because it's the shortest distance. But that's not the case. Unless the entire aviation industry and pilots are conspiring against their customers that earth is round.

Travis

There are actually a few Earth curvature calculators on the web. Some of my favourite pictures are of Chicago across Lake Michigan:

IMG_5099-001_Snap.jpg

I calculated the curvature and The Willis Tower disappears about when it should. Less and less of the towers are visible as you progress up the coast and pictures are available from many locations between Gary and St. Joseph. So not only is the Earth obviously spherical, it has a radius of about 4,000 miles.

If the Earth were flat, you would be able to see Milwaukee from Michigan. This photo here proves that you can see for 60 miles, so you should be able to see Miami from the Bahamas, Boston from Provincetown, and Cleveland from Leaminham.

But you can't! It's simply because those buildings aren't tall enough and there is a spherical section in the way (in the shape of a contact lens.)

Last edited:
Go on google trends and look for "flat earth". Notice the very unnatural spikes in interest.

Jarman

That's because US celebrities are openly talking about it in recent months such as Kyrie Irving, Tila Tequila, B.o.B., Sherri Shepherd . It's a viral topic, just like fidget spinners or laugh-or-lose-challenge trends on youtube. Just because there's a spike interest doesn't mean it's true.

Travis

flat earth.png

I think NASA was getting anxious over all of the videos exposing their fakery so they had to do something dramatic.

Look at what the flat-Earth movement did: Every time you search for "fake moon landing" on YouTube, you get inundated with flat-Earth crap. This makes the Apollo Hoax videos seem crazy by association.

The similar thing happened with 9/11 videos. Remember Judy Wood? She was most likely an operative of some sort trying to divide the 9/11 truth movement and make them all seem like "nutjobs."

In other words: If you can't silence the truth, just make it look ridiculous to most people.

View attachment 5889

I think NASA was getting anxious over all of the videos exposing their fakery so they had to do something dramatic.

Look at what the flat-Earth movement did: Every time you search for "fake moon landing" on YouTube, you get inundated with flat-Earth crap. This makes the Apollo Hoax videos seem crazy by association.

The similar thing happened with 9/11 videos. Remember Judy Wood? She was most likely an operative of some sort trying to divide the 9/11 truth movement and make them all seem like "nutjobs."

In other words: If you can't silence the truth, just make it look ridiculous to most people.
The kid who runs the biggest flat earth groups and ended up on tv a bunch of times, he actually came out one time saying it was basically a social experiment prank. Then he deleted the post. The whole thing is quite entertaining.

Xisca

Everything about your own experience has told you that you are on a flat, motionless surface and yet the power of fear, repetition and mind control have convinced you to reject your experience and instead believe what you're told by authorities unquestioningly.
Absolutely right. In my daily life, I consider the earth to be, huh, not flat but very steep, either in one way when I go up from home to the road, or steep down when I come back....
If I would come back home with no light and with some degree of alcool, I would be at risk to arrive at home a very direct way and at a speed I do not even want to calculate.... Is very vertical flat?

So, my earth is not flat but indeed quite motionless.
And the sea nearby is flat but quite not motionless!

Overall, yes the earth looks quite more flat than round to me.
Also, 1 day I realized the sun was turning around the earth, from east to west, and that I was always in the center of all this.

I still know that at macro, very big macro, level, all is like I have learned, but I just DO NOT MIND.
For very important things, I have seen people believing so different things that I can conclude everybody believes some sort of mental construction.
And nobody finds this abnormal....

michael94

One thing to consider regarding star positions at different parts of the world is light refraction through different media. There's a **** ton of refraction going on with light coming through our atmosphere which is not considered in certain pro-globe arguments. And it's really hard to tell whether or not this is significant because we don't know what "space" or the entire extent of our atmosphere is.

Whether or not the earth is flat is irrelevant to the idea that it was promoted by shills with ill intentions. I think we are so late in the game that certain conspiracies have been green-lit for the masses in order to get them to spin their wheels. Or at least that's the intention.

Waynish

Very simple to disprove. Flat Earth "theory" is falsifiable. If the north pole was really the center, then flight times between northern hemisphere locations like NYC->UK would be proportionally way shorter than southern hemisphere locations like Rio->Cape Town.

michael94

Very simple to disprove. Flat Earth "theory" is falsifiable. If the north pole was really the center, then flight times between northern hemisphere locations like NYC->UK would be proportionally way shorter than southern hemisphere locations like Rio->Cape Town.
Not that I agree the earth is flat ( I really don't know the shape ), but that's only an argument against a particular map people have promoted.

Herbie

I have attached a photo I took while flying from Santiago Chile to Sydney Australia.

Pretty icy down there.

IMG_0732.jpg

Travis

That's another undeniable demonstration of curvature.

I finally found someone who agrees with me. @Drareg said on the first page:
I would guess this flat earth is a drama to discredit anyone who questions the current authoritarian regime, label them a conspiracy theorist just like those ,"flat earthers".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals