The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

Did not know this part of you :cool

tumblr_ngcslneIQZ1tfbtrwo1_400.gif

q.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle M

The content matters. Specific things matter. You have to look at each claim individually. I think the gov't is too incompetent to pull such a task off. They are just people who go to work. The 1% and even those who are much less wealthier but still well off, love their money and lifestyle too much to mess it up for everyone else. They need employees so that they can keep living how they want to. Who's going to clean the pool, drive you to the airport, cook your food, babysit your kids, pick your fruit, and wipe your **** when you're old if they are all conspiring against you? Now, there are some gov't's who would really do things to everyone, mainly, North Korea, Iran, Saudi, possibly Russia. But, even they don't really want to do anything. They dream about it. But they don't act on it. Because even they want to keep living.
You think the government is too incompetent to pull what off? Because our government is stealing from people like you all day and you can't do a damned thing about it. They pulled off the federal reserve, the AMA and medical monopoly, virtually cartelizing every occupation with licensure that they solely give out, the Farm Bill, and thousands of other examples of things that tell me they are more competent than you are. Or are you stealing trillions and getting away with it?

Maybe you need to read about the Miller Experiment and other ways that people are fairly easily controlled by a few. Larken Rose writes extremely eloquently about the rituals like elections, so similar to religious rituals, that are used to confuse. Government is a faith-based, not evidence-based, entity and it continues the way it always has, throne and alter, the state historian.

In the sailboats video the theoretical cutoff is about six feet and that's exactly why you only see the sail masts. Now if any flath earther would like to derive this figure using the "bunching up" geometry, they should feel free.

Ras

...Maybe you need to read about the Miller Experiment and other ways that people are fairly easily controlled by a few. Larken Rose writes extremely eloquently about the rituals like elections, so similar to religious rituals, that are used to confuse. Government is a faith-based, not evidence-based, entity and it continues the way it always has, throne and alter, the state historian.
Do you have any good links for the Larken Rose content you mentioned?

Philomath

The big bang has only been busted depending on how you look at it. If your view of it as "Absolutely the beginning of everything" then yes, it's busted. If your view of it is "rapid inflation from a singularity where our physics breaks down" then no, it's not debunked. The general model holds. That's how science works. It (usually) makes gradual refinements to more accurate models. The history of flat earth theory would be akin to developing the big bang theory and then moving to the creationist theory in genesis. It doesn't make sense.

And theories being invalidated is what makes science strong. Just because we can improve upon the Big Bang theory it does not mean ridiculous theories like Flat Earth with all the evidence in the world against them should be given equal weight as theories backed by observation and evidence.

Halton Arp debunked the the Big Bang/inflation....
Another Theory Of The Universe With No Big Bang

The theory hasn't "officially" been overturned because Neil Degrassi Tyson and Michio Kaku are still milking it!

jaa

Halton Arp debunked the the Big Bang/inflation....
Another Theory Of The Universe With No Big Bang

The theory hasn't "officially" been overturned because Neil Degrassi Tyson and Michio Kaku are still milking it!

That's not really a debunking. And a big bounce is of the same kind as a big bang (a point of hot dense spacetime expanding to what we see today). And I doubt two public figures would be able to keep a pet theory alive just because it benefits them. Astrophysicists aren't dumb and the field is a lot less complicated than something like nutrition. If something was debunked I doubt it would take long for the new idea to propogate and replace the old in this day and age.

Richiebogie

In 1962 President Kennedy made a bold bid to land a man on the moon by the end of the decade.

If he had been president in 1968 he probably would have explained that this was not going to happen.

However he was assassinated in 1963 while still popular.

Out of love and deep respect for him the first "landing on the moon" occurred in 1969.

Some people believe that this simulation was real.

Unfortunately this blinds them to the incremental true achievements of the Space Station and Space Shuttle eras in the 45 years since, which have never taken man beyond a few hundred kilometers above the surface of the Earth.

The world is tiny. It's a tiny ball floating through nothingness. It will be gone when the sun explodes or when Andromeda collides with our galaxy and knocks Earth out of orbit. But we won't be around for that so just enjoy your anywhere from 1 day to 70 years you have left.

Everything you wrote in your comment is right, except in the statement that the Earth if floating through nothingness. Nothingness doesn't exist. Space, including interplanetary, interstellar, and intergalactic medium, is actually filled with (or made of) plasma. Plasma cosmology explains the complex behavior of plasma in space. Electric Universe (Paradigm) is based on the understanding of the electric nature of plasma. The ThunderboltsProject's youtube channel shows that there's no isolated object in the universe - everything is electrically connected to each other. Even gravity is an electric phenomenon (). And questions all of the "settle science" while providing alternative electric explanations for energetic events observed in space, such as the ejections of condensed matter from cores of galaxies. See the youtube channel at: ThunderboltsProject.

Waynish

Just wanted to mention two easy ways to verify the earth is round using your own experience. One is easier than the other, but both can be complete proofs:
1) Measuring the time differential between these two flights: a) rio -> cape town, and b) NYC -> London (or some similar set which would be greatly distorted by the center of the map being the north pole.
2) The software in every GPS unit you can find. You can easily get an open source one and checkout the source code and even re-compile it yourself and program your own GPS device.

Travis

Let's put an end to it.

This thread should not even exist. I have seen pictures from across Lake Michigan and they all show curvature.

This Flat-Earth βμllshiτ is some sort of CIA thing to distort reality and make so-called "conspiracy theorists" look insane.

Probably NASA's new charge to distract from the fake Apollo Moon Landings.

Put it to bed; and set it on fire.

Earth is round, but many so-called conspiracy theories are true. This is not one of them. This is a ploy and a distraction and we all should talk about something more useful.

This could be a good exercise in epistimology and logic however...

...and how distractions are created online; like a virtual false-flag. A red-herring in cyberspace.

lvysaur

Thomas Friedman: "The world is flat"

"No it's not you globalist cuck"

"btw the world is flat"

chrismeyers

IThere are some serious mental problems going on here, specifically amongst the Peat set. At first I just thought it was a subsection which mirrors broader society, where there always a few loons, but I am seriously starting to think it is related in some way to the Peat diet and deficiences, or (more likely) the number of crazy supplement and the supplement hucksters which seem to swarm here. Low PUFA is relatively easy, but I am guessing all the other stuff going on here is producing some kind of retardation. Even the ones who seem sane in the replies, seem to countenance their comments with additional insanity. 'This flat earth theory is bogus, but it was a CIA plot to create an implausible conspiracy'? If I were on the outside looking in, I would be hesitant to join in this lifestyle, being honest.

Travis

So what do you think is behind this flat-Earth movement? Do you really think people are really that dumb?

I suppose Eric Dubay might just be a lone conman, but I doubt it. I get the feel that he works for some sort of organization. His videos have a suspiciously-high production quality.

Flat-Earthers need to be berated. They deserve it.

tankasnowgod

So what do you think is behind this flat-Earth movement? Do you really think people are really that dumb?

I suppose Eric Dubay might just be a lone conman, but I doubt it. I get the feel that he works for some sort of organization. His videos have a suspiciously-high production quality.

Flat-Earthers need to be berated. They deserve it.

But it's easier than ever to produce high quality videos. The software is cheap, sometimes free, and even if you don't have the skills or desire to do it yourself, you could always hire someone off elance or craigslist pretty cheap.

The quality seems to vary from video to video. His 200 proofs video has pretty bad sound, and seeing as that's one of his most important, you would have thought that was the one to pull out all the stops.