The Dopamine Effects Of Vitamin B6 May Alleviate Diabetes

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray has written on the benefit of niacinamide in treating some cases of Type I diabetes, and I think I posted some studies in France where high dose niacinamide reversed early onset Type I diabetes in children. It looks like combining it with B6 may have additive effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23001013

"...Pyridoxine treatment restored diabetes induced alterations in dopamine D(1), D(2) receptors, Insulin receptor, IGF-1, GLUT-3 gene expressions in striatum compared to diabetic rats...Our results suggest the potential role of pyridoxine supplementation in ameliorating diabetes mediated dysfunctions in striatal dopaminergic receptor expressions and insulin signaling. Thus pyridoxine has therapeutic significance in diabetes management."

docall18

haidut said:
Ray has written on the benefit of niacinamide in treating some cases of Type I diabetes, and I think I posted some studies in France where high dose niacinamide reversed early onset Type I diabetes in children. It looks like combining it with B6 may have additive effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23001013

"...Pyridoxine treatment restored diabetes induced alterations in dopamine D(1), D(2) receptors, Insulin receptor, IGF-1, GLUT-3 gene expressions in striatum compared to diabetic rats...Our results suggest the potential role of pyridoxine supplementation in ameliorating diabetes mediated dysfunctions in striatal dopaminergic receptor expressions and insulin signaling. Thus pyridoxine has therapeutic significance in diabetes management."

That is interesting. I have been taking b6 to reduce my high prolactin. I have noticed when I try to increase my dose of P5P B6 I get a bloated belly, nearly like a pregnant woman. This happens within hours of increasing my b6 dose. I feel thirsty and dehydrated as water accumulates in my stomach area. It is amazing it can happen so fast.

I always presumed it was a sudden spike in estrogen due to the b6 reducing prolactin and increasing testosterone and thus E2. Higher b6 doses increases my libido. I have taken arimidex etc and this does seem to help a bit but not fully.

Is it possible that the sudden bloat from b6 is due to it causing increased insulin sensitivity? Or is it most likely from a sudden increase in E2? Thnx.

Tarmander

I can attest to B6 definitely lowering blood sugar. Niacinamide is more of a stabilizer then a lowerer

docall18

I used to take 1.5grams of timed release niacinamide. Since starting the b6 the niacinamide gives me bad headaches. I now take 50-100mg/day. I think i must have been very deficient in B6. It has had huge benefits for me.

The only negative to it is the bloating. I initially presumed it was from high estrogen, but it is possible i have bad insulin resistance and the b6 is now affecting this and somehow causing bloating.

LeeLemonoil

Also striking that those B-Vitamins that are most beneficial for mitochondrial health are also the crucial ones to dopamine homeostasis and insulin sensitivity: B2, 3 and 6.

Haidut found some studies indicating biotins usefulness in diabetic conditions, I‘m not aware if it also has pronounced effects on dopamine and cell respiration though

Curiousman

That is interesting. I have been taking b6 to reduce my high prolactin. I have noticed when I try to increase my dose of P5P B6 I get a bloated belly, nearly like a pregnant woman. This happens within hours of increasing my b6 dose. I feel thirsty and dehydrated as water accumulates in my stomach area. It is amazing it can happen so fast.

I always presumed it was a sudden spike in estrogen due to the b6 reducing prolactin and increasing testosterone and thus E2. Higher b6 doses increases my libido. I have taken arimidex etc and this does seem to help a bit but not fully.

Is it possible that the sudden bloat from b6 is due to it causing increased insulin sensitivity? Or is it most likely from a sudden increase in E2? Thnx.
bloated belly I had from vitamin B3. I haven't realized it from B6 hcl.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals