The Diverse Effects Of Lactate Are Finally Being Recognized

Fractality

Regarding Doug McGuff's approach to training - can it summarized as - do 1 set per body part (he lists 4-5 core movements in the book) as heavy as possible while still maintaining a slow and controlled cadence until muscular failure? In my experience any movement to the point of muscular failure builds up lactic acid.

Amazoniac

Members that had dyspepsia after having no choice but opting for coke on repetitive occasions,

As always, the body is just trying to maintain its balance. If correcting a problem means having to sacrifice some aspects of the hole in favor of immediate priorities, it was probably a better option at that time. Since it requires a narrow pH range to function properly, it uses alkaline compounds to neutralize the acidity, and minerals are involved in the process. That's what is being discussed on the following links:

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...c_diseases/links/56823c2f08ae1e63f1ee18f3.pdf

“With experimental acidosis, first a reduction of the blood buffering capacity occurs, then, with further increase of acid load a reduction of the intracellular buffering capacity and a strain on the buffering capacity of bone occurs. And finally, with increasing acid load buffering is achieved by the release of minerals from bone [6].”

“The equimolar replacement of dietary sodium chloride and potassium chloride with alkaline sodium and potassium bicarbonate under metabolic homeostasis conditions, thus neutralising dietary acid load, not only resulted in significant calcium retention and reduced renal excretion of bone markers but also decreased mean daily plasma cortisol and urinary excretion of tetra-hydrocortisol [21].”

“Dieting and fasting are critical to changes of acid-base homeostasis. For example, solely because of the intake of sodium bicarbonate, the calcium release from bone in young women who had developed ketoacidosis as a result of fasting could be prevented [22]. Generally speaking, modern diets contribute to an increase in metabolic acidosis and to greater bone loss as demonstrated for low-carbohydrate, high-protein diets (Atkins). Consumption of such a diet for six weeks may in fact help an individual to lose weight, but it considerably increases acid load and results in latent acidosis with increased risk of kidney stone formation, negative calcium balance, and increased risk of bone loss, as demonstrated in Fig. 8 [23].”

“[..]thanks to the mechanisms of compensation dietary-induced latent acidosis does not provoke any significant changes of blood pH but the compensation inevitably consumes the body’s reservoir of buffering substances.”

“The acid-base homeostasis dependent modulation of cortisol output may influence the risk of insulin resistance syndrome. This hypothesis appears to be consistent with previous epidemiological reports correlating high potassium consumption, or a high intake of fruits and vegetables, with a reduced risk for diabetes and coronary disease.”

--
http://www.smgebooks.com/chronic-pancreatitis/chapters/CP-15-01.pdf

"Reduction, the pH of the pancreatic juice, can initiate the premature activation of the proteolytic enzymes within the pancreas, potentially leading to pancreatitis. Acidification of the pancreatic juice diminishes its antimicrobial activity, promoting intestinal dysbiosis and makes pancreas vulnerable to infection."

"[..]metabolic acidosis forces organism to withdraw calcium from bones to neutralize acidic shift in the blood. It can create calcinosis of the inner organs including pancreas."

"During metabolic acidosis, human beings make the intelligent choice to survive by saving the life important organs, such as the heart, lungs, and brain at the expense of peripheral “less essential” organs and tissues. The alkaline digestive glands pancreas and liver are affected most by changes in the blood pH because they manufacture pancreatic juice and bile, which are generally highly alkaline solutions."

"There is substantial evidence that in pancreatic disorders there is a decreased amount of bicarbonate in the pancreatic juice and bile [6,10,11]."

"Stephen A. McClave, MD, believed that while healthy people have a high bicarbonate concentration in the duodenum, patients with chronic pancreatitis have low bicarbonate concentrations. In this case, the acidic fluid in the duodenum inactivates enzymes. Pancreatic lipase stops working if the duodenal pH is < 4.5 [7]"

"Magnesium is an alkalized mineral. Thus, it can attenuate the intracellular activation of proteases in the pancreas and can lessen the severity of experimental pancreatitis when administered either intravenously or as a food supplement. A multicenter randomized controlled trial of magnesium sulfate in the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis (2013) shows the benefits of magnesium [25]."

"[..]a low bicarbonate output can reduce the amount of water within the pancreatic ducts. This, in turn, raises the viscosity of the pancreatic juice and slows its elimination."

"Bicarbonate is a central ingredient in maintaining appropriate viscosity and correct function of mucin molecules, which play a significant role in mucosal immunity and the epithelial defense system [26]."

"Rege RV and Moore EW (1986) found that the acidification of bile is a major factor in the development of gallbladder stones, which have been documented to block the bile and pancreatic ducts and cause severe damage to the liver and pancreas [31]."

"When the pH of pancreatic juice falls below 7.0, the antimicrobial activity is reduced. Rubinstein E et al. (1985) found that the antibacterial activity of pancreatic juice was pH dependent [32]. Experiments on people with pancreatic fistulas showed that, under healthy conditions, pancreatic juice is practically sterile and destroys almost the entire spectrum of microorganisms."

"If chromic metabolic acidosis occurs, calcium is leeched from the bones into the blood to neutralize acidity. The amount of calcium ions in the blood and body fluids increases, leading to the deposition of calcium in blood vessels and internal organs (calcinosis). This may explain the widespread simultaneous appearance of osteoporosis, arteriosclerosis, and calcification as calcium deposits in the inner organs. Calcification of the pancreatic gland is an important symptom of chronic pancreatitis [37]."

"Precipitation of calcium salts within the pancreatic duct leads to stones, which irritate or block the pancreatic duct, causing inflammation or pancreatitis. Precipitation of calcium salts inside the gallbladder induces stone manufacturing and the obstruction of the Sphincter of Oddi."

"Ordinary tests cannot reveal the shift to acidity because humans have an enormous buffer capacity. Mild chronic metabolic acidosis can occur despite normal blood pH and bicarbonate levels [4]."

"Chronic metabolic acidosis drives humans to leech alkaline minerals, including calcium, sodium, potassium, and magnesium, from inner organs, muscles, and bones to neutralize the acidity and to remove acid radicals from the body."

Xisca

So yes, I view lactate as a plausible metabolic substrate in the Brain. It should still be avoided in tissue other than the brain.

Lactate accumulation is most likely always bad, but the brain is good at using lactate.

We're back to ensuring good metabolism as a driver of healthy function ...
How nice!
I am burning with lactate at the moment, and I have less pain when I am physically active. I am not sure why...
Yesterday night, I was thinking that I honestly find some interest in "burning", and I was upset... Sounded to me as if part of me did not want to heal! Sometimes it is said that at phychologic levels, we prefer what we know from what we do not, but I am not satisfied with this sort of explanations....

So, it makes sense @tyw !
Because my brain is super nicely active!
For social reasons, I have not made profit of this, but I feel great with the brain I have.
I have brain fog when I crash, for example after a flue etc, but usually I am very quick and process a lot, cross informations, and I have no anxiety, no panic, I can feel great inside even when I feel bad. I can handle both feelings at the same time and be patient, usually, about sun coming back when clouds are gone.

Is it because my brain sucks this lactate coming from my muscles working in aerobic glycolisis?
Would I have a drawback in my thinking if I solve this lactate forming?
Could it explain that instinctively I do not want to heal "too much"?

Antonello

@tyw @haidut first of all thanks for the informations.
what I didn’t understand is how to get rid off the lactate that already build up in the muscles after years.
what would be a protocol to considered over thiamine, niacinamide and biotin as a stack?
thanks in advance

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@tyw @haidut first of all thanks for the informations.
what I didn’t understand is how to get rid off the lactate that already build up in the muscles after years.
what would be a protocol to considered over thiamine, niacinamide and biotin as a stack?
thanks in advance

I don't think lactate stays in the muscle for years. It's half life is about 20min, even in septic patients with highly compromised organ function. If the liver is working well, the excess lactate should be converted back into glucose, but if you take B3 and B1 it should prevent more lactate being formed and also help process the already accumulated one.

Antonello

I don't think lactate stays in the muscle for years. It's half life is about 20min, even in septic patients with highly compromised organ function. If the liver is working well, the excess lactate should be converted back into glucose, but if you take B3 and B1 it should prevent more lactate being formed and also help process the already accumulated one.
I'm asking about buil up of lactate because just when I contract my triceps I feel the same pain like after a workout but it never clear up since long time. how do you call this condition in medical terminology?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm asking about buil up of lactate because just when I contract my triceps I feel the same pain like after a workout but it never clear up since long time. how do you call this condition in medical terminology?

There are a number of issues that can cause this symptoms. Muscle tears, cartilage damage, bone contussions, inflammation, etc. Don't think it can be named until the cause is known.

cs3000