The Disgusting Lack of 'Bottom' Hygiene in the West

I carry a douche bottle with me when I travel and use it at home. Toilet paper for drying off the rear end. When I'm healthy and normal there is no residue anyway.

Juandelacruz

Here in the USA squat toilets like the ones in Asian countries are illegal because of plumbing codes. I tried to look for them before to replace my sit-down commode and that’s when I found out about the plumbing code. So I just squat on my sit-down toilet. Most westerners cannot squat properly. And I use a hand-held biden to wash up after doing my business because smearing my bum with BPA-treated toilet paper is not my idea of clean.

Michael Mohn

Some people put a small step in front of the western toilet to raise their knees and have a half squat half sitting position. Still comfortably sitting but more pressure on the gut. When I did a 100% rawfood died I had a no wipe dump. Otherwise I prefer Indian toilet paper, just use your left hand to wipe it off. :cool:

K

Kayaker

Here in the USA squat toilets like the ones in Asian countries are illegal because of plumbing codes. I tried to look for them before to replace my sit-down commode and that’s when I found out about the plumbing code. So I just squat on my sit-down toilet. Most westerners cannot squat properly. And I use a hand-held biden to wash up after doing my business because smearing my bum with BPA-treated toilet paper is not my idea of clean.
Squat Toilets USA makes elevated squat toilets.

TobyBjorn

This thread is spot on. As a disgusting white-ish semi-North American I can attest to the abundance of Americans who practice little higene, toilet or otherwise. I have lived in many countries and experienced many cultures, but when I first encountered a gun-style bidet I had no idea what it was, and I didn’t use it. I was staying with wealthy friends in another country, and as a result of my ignorance I used an obscene amount of toiletpaper, rather embarrassing in retrospect. But this kind of cultural embarrassment encounter is something to celebrate.
Now I can wipe my butt much better!

OP
K

Kris

Haha, OP should know that besides water washing and dry wiping there exists a third way: wet wiping.

thank you for giving me another option:) i guess, it can be good when travelling. i have been using such wet paper tissues on my motorcycle trips in the mountains. but bidet is obviously superior.

Perry Staltic

thank you for giving me another option:) i guess, it can be good when travelling. i have been using such wet paper tissues on my motorcycle trips in the mountains. but bidet is obviously superior.

When I used to whitewater kayak, sometimes I would get so scared before putting on that I would have to go up into the woods and ***t my guts out. No TP so had to use leaves. Another option for ya

OccamzRazer

In my opinion parasitic infestation can compel people to have poor hygiene, especially when it comes to hygiene of the bottom variety.

yerrag

Ugh. Hard to edit on a cellphone especially when interrupted by the site's new post notification.

Will post another.

yerrag

Haha, OP should know that besides water washing and dry wiping there exists a third way: wet wiping.
But wet wipes are a big problem for the water utilities. Since the wet wipes aren't really paper, and they cause sewer systems to be clogged up quickly.

This is a bad practice ingrained into many Americans by the marketers of Wet Ones.

Last edited:

yerrag

I've wondered about this every time I finish taking a dump, spraying my **** with a bidet tucked inside the seat at the back. Because it leaves my **** more wet, I find I use more toilet paper.

So, maybe I'm doing this wrong. So how does one a bidet and end up saving toilet paper?

K

Kayaker

I've wondered about this every time I finish taking a dump, spraying my **** with a bidet tucked inside the seat at the back. Because it leaves my **** more wet, I find I use more toilet paper.

So, maybe I'm doing this wrong. So how does one a bidet and end up saving toilet paper?
You use a towel.

Back
Top Bottom