The Disgusting Lack of 'Bottom' Hygiene in the West

Kris

I am really disgusted by the fact that majority of people in the west wipe their asses after toilet. Not even speaking about that fact that huge amount of forests are being cut to produce the toilet paper. I live presently in Thailand where bidet is the norm. It is hygienic, economical and natural. Sometimes I have to 'go' at the airport, and I feel so annoyed that I need to use the toilet paper. No matter how much you use it, you are still contaminated by your own ***t. What is wrong with the western culture in this respect? And just to add, the modern toilets are very unhealthy. Many people healed their gut by using the flat toilet as it is used in India. By squatting, you push your colon so it can perform its right action.

Perry Staltic

I am really disgusted by the fact that majority of people in the west wipe their asses after toilet. Not even speaking about that fact that huge amount of forests are being cut to produce the toilet paper. I live presently in Thailand where bidet is the norm. It is hygienic, economical and natural. Sometimes I have to 'go' at the airport, and I feel so annoyed that I need to use the toilet paper. No matter how much you use it, you are still contaminated by your own ***t. What is wrong with the western culture in this respect? And just to add, the modern toilets are very unhealthy. Many people healed their gut by using the flat toilet as it is used in India. By squatting, you push your colon so it can perform its right action.

It's a conditioning thing. In retrospect, using TP is absolutely neanderthal. The only thing I use TP for anymore is cheap tissue for my nose.

Squatting is best, and you can get something called a Squatty Potty for regular toilets. I have found that leaning forward to touch the floor while on a toilet simulates squatting to a degree. Rocking back an forth exerts a pumping action that expels recalcitrant turds without straining.

ursidae

Optimising gut health should result in a ghost wipe odourless stool that glides down the bowl without leaving any traces

Perry Staltic

Optimising gut health should result in a ghost wipe odourless stool that glides down the bowl without leaving any traces

Yeah, but what happens when you think it was a clean pinch, but it leaves some skid marks?

Dave Clark

The toilet paper lobbyists, and the water conservationists will make a bid deal out of it. I would like to see a study of how much more water would be used, and I already know the toilet paper part, as I ran a wastewater treatment plant for 40 years. Look how they came up with these toilets that flush less water, shower heads that restrict water use, etc. And with sewage systems, infiltration and inflow is the major problem surcharging the treatment plants, not the home use. Look how toilet paper became a rare commodity during this fake pandemic, they are not giving up that cash cow.

E

eat my peat

I live presently in Thailand where bidet is the norm. It is hygienic, economical and natural.
When I travelled SE Asia a couple years ago, I really enjoyed the 'bum gun'.

much better than dry toliet paper.

Perry Staltic

The toilet paper lobbyists, and the water conservationists will make a bid deal out of it. I would like to see a study of how much more water would be used, and I already know the toilet paper part, as I ran a wastewater treatment plant for 40 years. Look how they came up with these toilets that flush less water, shower heads that restrict water use, etc. And with sewage systems, infiltration and inflow is the major problem surcharging the treatment plants, not the home use. Look how toilet paper became a rare commodity during this fake pandemic, they are not giving up that cash cow.

Bidets use very little water. Pressure does the job, not volume

OP
K

Kris

i was born in a communist country. we used newspapers to wipe, very harsh :)

the water gun does also the massaging action. if personally often use a little of enema with salt or coffee. i kind of care about the cleanness of my rectum. and i am not gay :)

as to the regular toilets, one can squat on them if one is flexible enough. or use something like that:

but nothing can beat this:
1_Bizarre-flat-has-squat-toilet-in-kitchen-as-social-media-snaps-reveal-worst-properties.jpg

Attachments

• viber_image_2021-03-10_06-56-28-005.jpg
    viber_image_2021-03-10_06-56-28-005.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 12
OP
K

Kris

saving water in order to to wipe about bottom with 'trees' is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

AncestralJoy

I washed my bum clean when I was traveling in the Philippines and liked it. That was a "bucket of water with a cup set up" though so not as sophisticated. I'm curious though do you wash and then dry? With a towel? Or toilet paper?

Def agree TP is entirely barbaric and a washed clean bum is more sophisticated and even better if you floor squatted to go too.

We just built and moved into our tiny house. We have a compost toilet and are using TP. I'm wondering how we can upgrade to a more hygienic setup while still being in "off grid" mode. Any suggestions are welcome.

K

Kayaker

:darts:

K

Kayaker

I washed my bum clean when I was traveling in the Philippines and liked it. That was a "bucket of water with a cup set up" though so not as sophisticated. I'm curious though do you wash and then dry? With a towel? Or toilet paper?

Def agree TP is entirely barbaric and a washed clean bum is more sophisticated and even better if you floor squatted to go too.

We just built and moved into our tiny house. We have a compost toilet and are using TP. I'm wondering how we can upgrade to a more hygienic setup while still being in "off grid" mode. Any suggestions are welcome.
TP, then water+TP, and TP to finish off works well if you have no faucet to connect a hose to for a DIY bidet.

AncestralJoy

TP, then water+TP, and TP to finish off works well if you have no faucet to connect a hose to for a DIY bidet.
Great reminder! I have actually done this previously and it uses less tp and feels a lit fresher I'll be incorporating that I think it'll be easiest with our current setup

OP
K

Kris

this what they use in India. they wash with the cup or bottle of water, but then you need to use your hand; i suppose this is ok if you wash you hand with a soap afterwards, which Indians do not. No wonder that it is so easy to get sick in India, because they use the same hand to chop vegetables :( .The easiest solution is to buy the water gun bidet, it can be just connected to some of the water inlet. as to drying, it is a personal choice. i usually use a little soap liquid as well.

as to the idea that if one has a perfect poo, there is no need for cleaning, I disagree. you still need to clean up that area. by the way, I just read the book of Michael Crichton, 'eaters of the dead', (there is a nice movie based on it, the thirteenth warrior) and Scandinavians at that time did not even wipe; they were pretty dirty in general; I guess this is one way, animals also do not wipe or wash their bottom :)

another problem with TP is that if you need to go to toilet often, you begin to irritate this area causing to become sore.

images

Perry Staltic

I'm curious though do you wash and then dry? With a towel? Or toilet paper?

Cheap wash rags with a different color/pattern so you don't use them for anything else. Using TP is a real drag. Paper towels would be better, but cloth is the best.

Back
Top Bottom