The Debate About Autism And Vaccines Has Resurfaced

haidut

Forum Supporter
It looks like Andrew Wakefield may have had a point after all. Given that this is from CNN I am assuming it is pretty big deal, especially given that the study authors have accused CDC publicly of concealing data and information. This time, the controversy probably won't go away that easily.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/27/health/ir ... ?hpt=hp_t2

"...A study published earlier this month concluded African-American boys are more at risk for autism if they're given the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine before the age of 2. The study author says researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention knew about the link in 2004 -- and covered it up."

Tim Lundeen

@redlight Re: Vaccines are not associated with autism: an evidence-based meta-analysis of case-control and cohort studies. Vaccine. April 2014. Luke E. Taylor, Amy L. Swerdfeger, Guy D. Eslick

There is a good discussion of this at https://healthcareinamerica.us/dr-p...accine-autism-science-a8a53a7e3e70#.29snd0gv3 :

"This is not a study, it’s an analysis of other studies that, despite its title, ONLY considered Thimerosal and MMR for the relationship to autism (one vaccine, one ingredient). There were 5 MMR studies considered and 5 thimerosal studies considered. As an aside, I was stunned by the admission of one of the researchers in the Epilogue of this study:

“However, as a parent of three children I have some understanding of the fears associated with reactions and effects of vaccines. My first two children have had febrile seizures after routine vaccinations, one of them a serious event. These events did not stop me from vaccinating my third child, however, I did take some proactive measures to reduce the risk of similar adverse effects. I vaccinated my child in the morning so that we were aware if any early adverse reaction during the day and I also gave my child a dose of paracetamol 30 min before the vaccination was given to reduce any fever that might develop after the injection. As a parent I know my children better than anyone and I equate their seizures to the effects of the vaccination by increasing their body temperature. For parents who do notice a significant change in their child’s cognitive function and behaviour after a vaccination I encourage you to report these events immediately to your family physician and to the ‘Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System’.”
Really, one of the study authors wrote that in the study!

"The most obvious criticism of this study is that the authors ONLY considered studies that showed no association between vaccines and autism, even though there are plenty of published studies showing the opposite. If you only include studies that reach the same conclusion…you’ll get the same conclusion in a meta-analysis! As Dr. Janet Kern correctly pointed out in her criticism of this study published on PubMed:"

Tim Lundeen

@redlight The best theory I've seen is that autism is caused by severe-enough immune activation at a critical point in brain development. Environmental toxins prevent the brain from clearing toxins, exacerbating the effects. Because vaccines (1) are designed to promote strong immune activation, and (2) contain toxins that prevent the brain from clearing inflammation, it seems obvious to the casual observer that they will cause autism in some kids.

A lot more detail at vaccinepapers.org, along with free full-text copies of the peer-reviewed research they cite.

There is also a recent (unpublished as yet) study showing an almost 5x increase in autism in fully-vaccinated versus never-vaccinated children, and this is consistent with evidence from other sources: http://www.rescuepost.com/files/age...n-brian-d.-ray-azad-r.-bhuiyan-binu-jacob.pdf

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom