The Damage Of Eating When You’re Not Hungry?

Ive recently experienced some relief from persistent symptoms by not eating when I’m not hungry. Not a stressful surge of energy, but a calmness and comfort.

This might sound daft to some, but the temptation is to stuff your face full of pro-metabolic foods in an attempt to alleviate symptoms even when not really hungry.

Does the body sometimes shut off hunger so it can do some necessary maintenance work?

OP
T
Ive recently experienced some relief from persistent symptoms by not eating when I’m not hungry. Not a stressful surge of energy, but a calmness and comfort.

This might sound daft to some, but the temptation is to stuff your face full of pro-metabolic foods in an attempt to alleviate symptoms even when not really hungry.

Does the body sometimes shut off hunger so it can do some necessary maintenance work?

By the way, this line of thinking came from a post by @DaveFoster

biggirlkisss

will cows when fasting they refuse to eat and tumors disappear assuming from coirstol lowering inflammation. Stress on g.i system is not good so.

paymanz

ray peat said:
Some people feel they have to eat for theoretical nutrition, rather than for hunger. And if you force yourself to eat when you're not hungry, that can lead to stress and sluggishness of your intestine.

Thanks to amazoniac for posting this quote from ray peat.

paymanz

will cows when fasting they refuse to eat and tumors disappear assuming from coirstol lowering inflammation. Stress on g.i system is not good so.
The reason for that at least partially is also that in cancer and probably many other diseases tnf alpha is raised and high tnf alpha suppresses food intake.

Kunder

Interesting thread.

When I wake up, i drink a small cup of grape or orange juice with a bunch of aminos. That completely kills my hunger. The subsequent actual breakfast about an hour later - eggs and OJ always feels forced. The initial sugar from the first juice simply kills the morning hunger. So i'm not sure what to do here.

It is so easy to kill hunger with just a few squares of white chocolate. Or anything sweet. But surely that can't be the way to go.

DrJ

Maybe your glycogen stores are of large capacity and full, so when you are not eating you have plenty of glycogen, so no stress hormones are released and you feel calm. When under stress (usually work) I often lose my appetite, but I don't feel right and have low energy. If I know I probably should be hungry based on when I last ate, I start slowing eating a little sugar, usually slowly sipping on orange juice, or even a soda, or sometimes a few small hard candies. Usually, I will start feeling extremely hungry after about 30 min of doing that, almost like a switch was flipped. Probably, the sugar is suppressing my stress hormones and the body is realizing it can shut those off and start refilling glycogen stores so hunger comes online. If you feel fine and have no symptoms of the stress hormones, you're probably okay (meaning large glycogen stores, which are better when you are young).

OP
T
Interesting thread.

When I wake up, i drink a small cup of grape or orange juice with a bunch of aminos. That completely kills my hunger. The subsequent actual breakfast about an hour later - eggs and OJ always feels forced. The initial sugar from the first juice simply kills the morning hunger. So i'm not sure what to do here.

It is so easy to kill hunger with just a few squares of white chocolate. Or anything sweet. But surely that can't be the way to go.

I know. Sometimes my body just doesn’t want anything but my conscience is telling I should be eating more. But then how do you reconcile this with the Peat idea of eating to support the metabolic rate?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals