The Consequences Of Cheese As A Main Source Of Protein

ursidae

people craving double the opioid dose ?
Yes in my opinion. It’s degenerate. The combing of the fat with carbohydrates also increases the palatability. If people are left to their own devices, with no knowledge of what’s healthy food, introspection/self awareness and outward physical signs of inflammation, wheat and dairy meals is all they would eat. I was one of them myself and every person I know who isn’t dieting is doing that too. The vegetarian diet is also an excuse for many to eat a diet that’s predominantly cheese and bread while claiming it to be healthier and morally superior and/or they no longer find anything else to be quite as palatable

Last edited:

SOMO

Yes in my opinion. It’s degenerate. The combing of the fat with carbohydrates also increases the palatability. If people are left to their own devices, with no knowledge of what’s healthy food, introspection/self awareness and outward physical signs of inflammation, wheat and dairy meals is all they would eat. I was one of them myself and every person I know who isn’t dieting is doing that too. The vegetarian diet is also an excuse for many to eat a diet that’s predominantly cheese and bread while claiming it to be healthier and morally superior and/or they no longer find anything else to be quite as palatable

When I was on a Vegetarian diet, I was actually on a mostly Spaghetti-diet. Delicious white pasta, with luminescent red tomato sauce, and CHEEESE. Usually parmesan, but also feta or mozarella.

Those were simpler times, where a bowl of noodles, sauce and processed milk were 2/3 of my daily meals. (Sometimes 3/3 meals ?)

ursidae

When I was on a Vegetarian diet, I was actually on a mostly Spaghetti-diet. Delicious white pasta, with luminescent red tomato sauce, and CHEEESE. Usually parmesan, but also feta or mozarella.

Those were simpler times, where a bowl of noodles, sauce and processed milk were 2/3 of my daily meals. (Sometimes 3/3 meals ?)
yup lol.
People grow up on the hyper palatable opioid cheese-wheat diet, live on nothing but pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches well into their 20s and at some point an epiphany hits them that they “don’t even crave meat” anymore when, really, they don’t crave anything else anymore. They interpret this loss of craving as having ascended into another realm of health and morality. 5 years later they’re now obese/morbidly obese and start cutting down the calories and starving themselves while continuing to eat the same diet. Fast forward to 10 more years of zero progress and yo yo dieting until they finally go vegan, keto or pescatarian.

Apple

yup lol.
People grow up on the hyper palatable opioid cheese-wheat diet, live on nothing but pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches well into their 20s and at some point an epiphany hits them that they “don’t even crave meat” anymore when, really, they don’t crave anything else anymore. They interpret this loss of craving as having ascended into another realm of health and morality. 5 years later they’re now obese/morbidly obese and start cutting down the calories and starving themselves while continuing to eat the same diet. Fast forward to 10 more years of zero progress and yo yo dieting until they finally go vegan, keto or pescatarian.
cheese, bread and coke (caffeine) is an ideal combination

Cheese has no B vitamins , it is compensated by bread.
White bread is low in phosphate which is good.
Opioids in bread and casein are couteracted by caffeine from coke or coffee.

Last edited:

ursidae

Sounds great in theory, will result in months of relentless PCOS acne, and acidosis in reality. But that’s just in my case. I seem to benefit more than anything from potassium, vit C, high water content plants and avoidance of allergens. Mainstream advice type of thing. I have noticed a lot of people here and on the grant forum do well on a low pufa SAD sort of diet

I eat a ton of cheese now because I quit milk for a bit. Maybe 100g to 150g per day of cheese, all very high quality with real rennet. I also eat nixtamalized corn tortillas. A very good combination and I have had no problems on this diet. I do drink a lot of coffee (espresso).

Apple

Sounds great in theory, will result in months of relentless PCOS acne, and acidosis in reality. But that’s just in my case. I seem to benefit more than anything from potassium, vit C, high water content plants and avoidance of allergens. Mainstream advice type of thing. I have noticed a lot of people here and on the grant forum do well on a low pufa SAD sort of diet
to tell the truth, I usually get acne from this combination too.
Bread separately from cheese doesn't cause any acne though. I like bread , it encreases my temp like nothing else.

Vanset

I stopped all dairy when i noticed that one glass of milk significantly increased my craving for dairy for the next few days. I have access to a mineral water with 350 ml calcium/liter and I go through 2L of that daily for cooking til absorption, coffee, tea etc.

Apple

I stopped all dairy when i noticed that one glass of milk significantly increased my craving for dairy for the next few days. I have access to a mineral water with 350 ml calcium/liter and I go through 2L of that daily for cooking til absorption, coffee, tea etc.
hard water ? the one that leaves limescale in your kettle ?

In my country tap water is heavy on calcium/magnesium .
Water with a high dissolved mineral content, such as calcium bicarbonate and magnesium bicarbonate, is known as hard water.
New kettle turns white-yellow inside pretty quick, after boiling water several times.
Hence doctors pretty often explain heart diseases and kidney stones by poor quality tap water and recommend switching to bottled water...

Go figure :)
Does boiling milk leaves any mineral sediment on the wall? I think no...

Last edited:

Vanset

hard water ? the one that leaves limescale in your kettle ?

In my country tap water is heavy on calcium/magnesium .
Water with a high dissolved mineral content, such as calcium bicarbonate and magnesium bicarbonate, is known as hard water.
New kettle turns white-yellow inside pretty quick, after boiling water several times.
Hence doctors pretty often explain heart diseases and kidney stones by poor quality tap water and recommend switching to bottled water...

Go figure :)
Does boiling milk leaves any sediment on the walls? I think no...
I know I know. A food with ten thousand years of history is the only acceptable calcium source for a primate.
There are populations who get bulk of their calcium through foods like nixtamalized corn tortillas and calcium rich water like the folk of Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica. They are very healthy and disease free afaik, no heart disease. And I couldn't care less what doctors recommend.

Last edited:

aniciete

I eat a ton of cheese now because I quit milk for a bit. Maybe 100g to 150g per day of cheese, all very high quality with real rennet. I also eat nixtamalized corn tortillas. A very good combination and I have had no problems on this diet. I do drink a lot of coffee (espresso).
Do you notice any digestion benefits of the nixtamalized corn tortillas compared to other starches? I think I’ve seen Peat say he eats cheese quesadillas too.

Do you notice any digestion benefits of the nixtamalized corn tortillas compared to other starches? I think I’ve seen Peat say he eats cheese quesadillas too.
yes they are very digestible. even popcorn causes problems but the tortillas are fine.

Birdie

yes they are very digestible. even popcorn causes problems but the tortillas are fine.
I've been having a masa corn pancake for dinner and it's fine too, as you would think. There are NO good tortillas near me.

SOMO

Huh? How is bread compensating? White bread has literally no nutrients and whole grain has a lot but it's all locked up in cellulose and phytate.

SOMO

You don't get constipation from the casomorphins lol?

Apple

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

- Glutathione deficiency and peripheral metabolism of thyroid hormones during dietary cysteine deprivation in rats

Abstract said:
1. For a period of 24 d, young rats received a diet containing 120 g casein/kg or the same basic diet supplemented with 1.93 g cysteine/kg. 2. The thyroxine (T4) turnover was decreased in rats receiving the cysteine-deficient diet compared with that of rats on the supplemented diet. Moreover, the extrathyroidal T4 pool and T4 disposal rate decreased. 3. Cysteine deprivation also decreased the peripheral metabolism of 3,5,3'-triiodothyronine (T3). The T3 distribution space, extrathyroidal pool of T3 and T3 disposal rate were diminished. 4. In vitro, deiodination of T4 in liver homogenate assayed with endogenous glutathione (GSH) demonstrated decreased T3 production rates in the case of cysteine deficiency. This difference was minimized by the addition of GSH in amounts sufficient to saturate the reaction kinetics. In the light of this finding, GSH is probably involved in the promotion of certain thyroidal problems induced by a cysteine-deficient diet.