The Consensus On St. John's Wort Tea?

Astolfo

How does it affect neurotransmitters and receptors counts/sensitivity/densities in the brain? What therapeutic uses does it have? What could be the reason that it works for me? (cognitive enchanment and improvement in the hedonic tone after fluoxetine induced pssd)

Also wider field of view and more dopaminergic feeling. Could it be dopamine/noradrenaline disinhibition?

In vitro receptor screening of pure constituents of St. John's wort reveals novel interactions with a number of GPCRs - PubMed

Norepinephrine–dopamine disinhibitor - Wikipedia

dukesbobby777

How does it affect neurotransmitters and receptors counts/sensitivity/densities in the brain? What therapeutic uses does it have? What could be the reason that it works for me? (cognitive enchanment and improvement in the hedonic tone after fluoxetine induced pssd)

Also wider field of view and more dopaminergic feeling. Could it be dopamine/noradrenaline disinhibition?

In vitro receptor screening of pure constituents of St. John's wort reveals novel interactions with a number of GPCRs - PubMed

Norepinephrine–dopamine disinhibitor - Wikipedia

The herb contains many constituents, most notably hyperforin and hypericum. Wikipedia doesn’t say anything about the pharmacology of hypericum, but the hyperforin Wikipedia page says that it enhances NE, dopamine, 5HT, GABA and glutamate through inhibiting reuptake of these neurotransmitters.

Apparently it also upregulates 5HT2A and has an interaction at the 5HT1A receptor as well (which I cannot recall).

It’s good fun to use, as it can make you feel really good but, if you are bipolar/schizo, it’s not a good idea to use it. My mood would swing from euphoric to angry within minutes whilst trying out many brands, and so it wasn’t very good for me. But i imagine for certain mood disorders, it can work wonders for others.

I’ve never tried it in tea form. Just supplements.

Frankdee20

That 5ht2a ***t gives me anxiety and contributes to neuroticisms

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom