The Connection Of Serotonin And Bowel Movements?

OP
A

Astolfo

Thanks for the reply.

From my experience, I can tolerate rice. It doesn't trigger my gut problems as much as pastry does. I have already eliminated bread from my diet, I'm currently trying to handle my problems by abstaining from regular eating as much as possible. Raisins works, but roasted chickpeas giving me nausea. Since I started to cyproheptadine, I feel like I'm getting nausea more often, I can't eat chickpeas on an empty stomach anymore.
2 mg daily cypro is so far so good. At least it upped my gut's jittering threshold.

I don't know why but I get a point like pain in my bowel. On my left side. Whenever I eat something (especially pastry), I can feel and hear the sound and sensation of water flowing through my bowel.

This morning I tried one raw carrot, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon olive oil. It gave me headache but somehow I felt more clear throughout the day. Also at the evening, I ate 1 clove of raw carlic with along my dinner. I'm doing these for sterilising my gut because it looks like I have 'a lot' gas problem (both upper and down side). So far, I can feel it had an effect.

The 5-HT2c problem there's nothing I can say about. Even their explanations right now are quite convoluted and I cannot tell what would affect its RNA editing from that research, but it is probably part of a feedback or hormonal system.

I'm autistic/asperger. Autism is thought to be (?) caused from serotonin. Also:

Ectopic expression of Snord115 in choroid plexus interferes with editing but not splicing of 5-Ht2c receptor pre-mRNA in mice

Serotonin 5-HT2C receptor is a G-protein coupled excitatory receptor that regulates several biochemical pathways and has been implicated in obesity, mental state, sleep cycles, autism, neuropsychiatric disorders and neurodegenerative diseases. The activity of 5-HT2CR is regulated via alternative splicing and A to I editing of exon Vb of its pre-mRNA. Snord115 is a small nucleolar RNA that is expressed in mouse neurons and displays an 18-nucleotide base complementary to exon Vb of 5-HT2CR pre-mRNA. For almost two decades this putative guide element of Snord115 has wandered like a ghost through the literature in attempts to elucidate the biological significance of this complementarity. In mice, Snord115 is expressed in neurons and absent in the choroid plexus where, in contrast, 5-Ht2cr mRNA is highly abundant. Here we report the analysis of 5-Ht2cr pre-mRNA posttranscriptional processing via RNA deep sequencing in a mouse model that ectopically expresses Snord115 in the choroid plexus

Expression of serotonin 5-HT2C receptors in GABAergic cells of the anterior raphe nuclei. - PubMed - NCBI

5HT2C couples to a heterotrimeric G-protein containing Gq/11 that generates phospholipase C and IP3, which can be converted to IP6. It is thus possible that feedback between 5HT2C activity and 5HT2C editing occurs

5-ht2c has different types such as vgv, ini, vsv etc. Every one of them has different sensitivity to serotonin and basal activation levels. It's possible that fluoxetine had broke the balance of my receptors, thus allowing further neurological changes. 5ht2c has a big role because, I had a really crippling chronic anxiety disorder back in the time. All my anxiety is gone now. That's the very same receptor which causes anxiety side effect in the beggining of antidepressant medications.

Sorry for my really bad language. I had gotten very deteroirated recently. Now I don't have even an emotional attachment to my really best friend and my girlfriend. I wish I only have libido problems. Now I cannot think anything other than suicide, I'm really bothered of the blankness of life and my ***hole family.

Terma

Vinegar and olive oil are fine things if they work, you can have effects from them past the gut as well. I'm aware of 5-HT2c as it affects myself but I just cannot translate the articles you linked before to a specific pharmacotherapy. I'm sorry you're stuck feeling that way, though you can't entertain those thoughts too much, you have to try to step outside them, even if easier said than done, especially because you're playing with things like cyproheptadine and the histamine and dopamine antagonism will worsen them, as may other inhibitory things (and BCAA). Nevertheless take care.

OP
A

Astolfo

Vinegar and olive oil are fine things if they work, you can have effects from them past the gut as well. I'm aware of 5-HT2c as it affects myself but I just cannot translate the articles you linked before to a specific pharmacotherapy. I'm sorry you're stuck feeling that way, though you can't entertain those thoughts too much, you have to try to step outside them, even if easier said than done, especially because you're playing with things like cyproheptadine and the histamine and dopamine antagonism will worsen them, as may other inhibitory things (and BCAA). Nevertheless take care.

I couldn't make it through without cyproheptadine. İt really helps me to at least control the bowel jerks. I go to toilet every morning, take some cypro and that looks fine for now. At least i can stay in class.

I just have found a pdf. I'm very interested but I really don't have any mental power. My mind can't understand anymore. There are really interesting infos in it, may I ask you to read it in one of your free times, whenever you want?

Controversies on the role of 5-HT2C receptors in the mechanisms of action of antidepressant drugs

I think It's either dead end or a will be a cure for me.