The Connection Between Hair Loss and Digestion ?

Cheese liver

Hello everyone ,

Recently I heard one of Danny Roddy's Podcast and he mentioned that most of the young men that he had encountered during his coaching who complained about hair loss, also seemed to experience varying degrees of digestive issues.

What do you think seems to be the link between these 2 ? What hormones or factors seem to be causing this ?

What is probably wrong with these young men ?

rr1

Hello everyone ,

Recently I heard one of Danny Roddy's Podcast and he mentioned that most of the young men that he had encountered during his coaching who complained about hair loss, also seemed to experience varying degrees of digestive issues.

What do you think seems to be the link between these 2 ? What hormones or factors seem to be causing this ?

Hypothyroidism

Hans

Hello everyone ,

Yes for sure, there's a gut almost everything connection.

Cheese liver

Yes for sure, there's a gut almost everything connection.
So in order to sum up your article Inflammation in the Gut is the main cause behind hair loss and that is a result of several things like micronutrient deficiencies, lack of sunlight etc.

Mauritio

Can you elaborate on this a bit ?
To me it seems to decrease hair loss a lot . Not only that. My hair looks a lot softer and less curly. The more curly it is the more prone to falling out it is . I think it has to do with serotonin.

My face also looks less puffy when taking it .
Hair loss is always connected to a sinus infection (for me) and caprylic acid seems to take care of that. It's not super strong so it takes a few days but it's safe and cheap .

Hans

So in order to sum up your article Inflammation in the Gut is the main cause behind hair loss and that is a result of several things like micronutrient deficiencies, lack of sunlight etc.
Basically avoid gut-irritating foods that promote inflammation, reduce endotoxin (avoid high fiber or difficult to digest food) and eat nutrient-dense foods. Inflammation (the gut plays a huge role here) and stress are what start the whole hair loss cascade.

mariantos

To me it seems to decrease hair loss a lot . Not only that. My hair looks a lot softer and less curly. The more curly it is the more prone to falling out it is . I think it has to do with serotonin.

My face also looks less puffy when taking it .
Hair loss is always connected to a sinus infection (for me) and caprylic acid seems to take care of that. It's not super strong so it takes a few days but it's safe and cheap .
You seem to have symptoms similar to mine.
Apart from caprylic acid, what else do you use for sinus infection?
Do you suspect candida to be the root of these problems?

Mauritio

You seem to have symptoms similar to mine.
Apart from caprylic acid, what else do you use for sinus infection?
Do you suspect candida to be the root of these problems?
Yes I actually do suspect candida to be the root cause.
Most definitely some sort of fungal issue.
I react very strongly to all anti-fungals .
And I just moved out of a moldy appartment ,so before starting anything new ,I want to see how that affects my health.
Interestingly since I moved i can tolerate less caprylic acid per day . I'm down to one capsule per day , before that I took 3 or 4 . But I feel like it's more effective now .

Besides caprylic acid, borax is pretty effective but very strong. I might go back to that at some point.

mariantos

Yes I actually do suspect candida to be the root cause.
Most definitely some sort of fungal issue.
I react very strongly to all anti-fungals .
And I just moved out of a moldy appartment ,so before starting anything new ,I want to see how that affects my health.
Interestingly since I moved i can tolerate less caprylic acid per day . I'm down to one capsule per day , before that I took 3 or 4 . But I feel like it's more effective now .

Besides caprylic acid, borax is pretty effective but very strong. I might go back to that at some point.
Thank you!

Vins7

Basically avoid gut-irritating foods that promote inflammation, reduce endotoxin (avoid high fiber or difficult to digest food) and eat nutrient-dense foods. Inflammation (the gut plays a huge role here) and stress are what start the whole hair loss cascade.
So, what foods did you
What nutrient-rich and easily digestible foods would you suggest and what foods would you suggest eliminating or limiting? I understand that there are things that are individual but, as a starting point.
Thank you in advice.

johnwester130

Inflammation

Anti inflammatories have been used to regrow hair

L_C

Inflammation

Anti inflammatories have been used to regrow hair

What would be good natural anti-inflammatories? ...I know aspirin...what else with minimum additives?

johnwester130

What would be good natural anti-inflammatories? ...I know aspirin...what else with minimum additives?

aloe vera, it's not strong enough though. maybe zinc.

Motif

aloe vera, it's not strong enough though. maybe zinc.

You’re talking about topical ? Or supplementing? What doses? And any evidence that it’s working ?