The colour pink lowers testosterone

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
my favourite color is purple. am i masculine enough or should i just transition?
Purple is actually the most healthiest color. Royals know.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Nebula

Any solid bright colors feel uncomfortable to me. I don’t like being in rooms with solid white walls either, Earthy tones and natural sunlight are more calming to my mind. Same with clothing. It would be nice to transition to only wearing organic natural fibers and dyes.

ursidae

"It is interesting to note that the most extreme adverse conditions regarding not only tumor development but also necrosis of the tails, calcium deposits in the heart tissues, smaller numbers in litters, and difficult behavioral problems, all were caused by pink light." "Health and Light John N. Ott" p 53
perhaps rose-tinted glasses could be the deadliest addition to the "dress to kill yourself" series
rose-colored-glasses.jpg

lvysaur

Any solid bright colors feel uncomfortable to me. I don’t like being in rooms with solid white walls either, Earthy tones and natural sunlight are more calming
I agree with this
Or, he's confident enough to not let society's programming about pink being effeminate stop him
If it literally lowers T, surely it's not just social programming
"It is interesting to note that the most extreme adverse conditions regarding not only tumor development but also necrosis of the tails, calcium deposits in the heart tissues, smaller numbers in litters, and difficult behavioral problems, all were caused by pink light." "Health and Light John N. Ott" p 53
What's the functional difference between pink and red light? Is there any?

Dave_Fit

perhaps rose-tinted glasses could be the deadliest addition to the "dress to kill yourself" series
rose-colored-glasses.jpg
"However, one rather clear relationship did show up. Although not statistically significant because only three cases were involved, three students did reply that they constantly wore “Hot Pink” glasses and a check with the faculty ratings indicated that these same three students also were considered to be the most psychologically disturbed students in the college." Health and Light John N. Ott" p 66

Makrosky

What is pink light? Serious question.

OP
S

Sospian

I always feel disgusted when i see a guy wearing a pink shirt, just shows how effeminate society is. But being in a pink room?! never in my life, not even for a million dollars
There's an English football team (Norwich) that painted the away team changing room pink on purpose

Apparently quite common in US sports teams

OP
S

Sospian

What colour increases testosterone then? Blue? Is that why men had the bollocks to travel the world in timber boats?

The elephant in the room is the colour of inside of a..
Red apparently

There's also a thing in which higher testosterone individuals prefer darker shades while women and the soys prefer brighter

Dave_Fit

What is pink light? Serious question.
I’m just reading the book “Health and Light”, he talks about specific wavelengths of light, also bulbs that emit certain colors. This would be commercially available fluorescent bulbs in particular he talks about. What I’ve gathered a little over halfway through the book, full spectrum bulbs are good for health. Something like this. Amazon product ASIN B08WJ4FXJ6View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WJ4FXJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_6CGM6NYY1G8VQAJD8EYZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

CFBE355F-EE22-485C-A373-617A4A5FC02F.jpeg

There was some discussion of Red light not necessarily in a negative way, but pink light and pink tinted lenses were the worst for health, mood, reproduction in animals. I haven’t gotten to anything about pink painted rooms, or clothing, but assuming the light bouncing off walls and clothes would essentially be similar to what you’d get with tinted lenses, although less strong, it may actually be a thing.

The most damaging light in anstograms if I’m reading this correctly was from 5500-7500 pink light. with the peak damage at roughly 6200.

Chart from the book Health and light. Pg 54
ECB4A4FC-985C-49DB-90AB-E97B9D8D51ED.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave_Fit

@charlie mentioned the book, @YourUniverse posted the link. It’s a great read and really insightful, lot of experiments explained in a great story telling way. Thanks Charlie for pointing it out and YourUniverse for the link

Hayley

A few years back I recall reading a study that revealed men who spent prolonged periods in rooms with pink walls faced significant decreases in testosterone around 40%

I was looking to make a video on the topic but it seems all traces of the study have vanished, while many articles simply state "pink lowers testosterone" without references.

If anyone have ahu resources that may be of help that would be great
I always like to imagine the correlation runs the other direction, In this case for example, perhaps only a low testosterone man would comfortably hang out in a pink room, or allow a room in his house to be painted pink.

Dave_Fit

Ott is clearly not a fan of purely reductionist thinking.

“The fact that too much heat will produce a severe burn, and a little extra oxygen in the incubators of premature babies can cause blindness known as retrolental fibroplasia, does not necessarily mean that an environment of absolute zero temperature, totally devoid of oxygen, is indicated as desirable. However, this obviously irrational conclusion is being generally applied because of the known harmful effects of excessive exposure to ultraviolet.” “Health and light” p57

Talking in regards to UV blocking…like in sunglasses.

Grapelander

Dr. Mercola and Dr. Wunsch on the Dangers of LED Lights
Near-infrared is important as it primes the cells in your retina for repair and regeneration, which explains why LEDs — which is devoid of infrared — are so harmful for your eyes and health
• One-third of the energy your body consumes comes from the food you eat. The vast majority of the energy your body needs to maintain the systemic equilibrium comes from environmental infrared light exposure.
• LEDs sabotage health and promote blindness. Limit your exposure to blue light during the daytime and at night. Swap out LEDs for incandescents or low-voltage incandescent halogen lights.

A

Adf

I've read things about colour over the years. Such as a room painted blue will allow you to focus more, but over time can cause depression. So a study/office could be painted blue, but you wouldn't want to spend every waking hour in there.

My thoughts on the subject on the effects of pink on testosterone, imo it's most likely placebo. I.e. your beliefs are changing your physical reality. If you believe that pink is a feminine colour, as most people do because of society, wearing pink might just make your body become more feminine.
If you believe without a doubt pink will make you manlier because it shows off your confidence, your test levels may in fact rise.

These are opinions and beliefs of course, yet placebo is a very powerful thing. I don't understand how our society both recognizes placebo as this amazing profound unknown force, yet also writes it off like it's nothing. Nothing irks me like someone saying 'oh it's just placebo'. Placebo is profound and powerful.

Markr2d2

"these men always existed. They're just more free to do what they want and dress how they want now, which is what I think a more developed society should be like"
No they never did, just like how gays never existed, it was the direct result of feminism and tolerating the wrong group. Again, you can go back even 70 years and you would see a lot of stigma around that.

Man, you should read more, you sound ridiculous.

Also

Attachments

• 8A2E3196-B849-4A07-84E6-3581C0100A31.jpeg
    8A2E3196-B849-4A07-84E6-3581C0100A31.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 23

Dave_Fit

I think the most resounding theme in John Ott’s book “Health and Light” is that elimination of the UV spectrum is a huge health issue. He demonstrates it clearly through numerous experiments conducted over many years through out the book. Animal fertility, birth rates in animals, disease in plants and animals, poor growth, loss of energy and many more. Remarkable body of work really. Normal glass windows, eyeglasses, car windshields, and almost all commercial lighting fixtures remove the healthy UV. He makes the case that we were meant to get UV in our eyes, not at extreme levels, but we were meant too, and that light that is balanced across the full spectrum that mimics sunlight is vital. I certainly know this is a Peaty concept, natural sunlight. After reading it I feel it is a must read if you’re serious about your health. What I did not find in the book was anything about wearing the color pink, or rooms painted that color so it doesn’t answer the original post. There was a lot about the harmful effects of pink light. It was written in the 60’s and I never detected any cultural bias toward the color. He originally was trying to make plants grow inside greenhouses for stop motion photography. He seemed to just want to do what worked, and found in many cases, glass, and commercially available lights would not. In many cases they lead to detrimental effects. This is what lead him down the path to some remarkable discoveries. Fascinating read, learned a lot.

Makrosky

I’m just reading the book “Health and Light”, he talks about specific wavelengths of light, also bulbs that emit certain colors. This would be commercially available fluorescent bulbs in particular he talks about. What I’ve gathered a little over halfway through the book, full spectrum bulbs are good for health. Something like this. Amazon product ASIN B08WJ4FXJ6View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WJ4FXJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_6CGM6NYY1G8VQAJD8EYZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 33687
There was some discussion of Red light not necessarily in a negative way, but pink light and pink tinted lenses were the worst for health, mood, reproduction in animals. I haven’t gotten to anything about pink painted rooms, or clothing, but assuming the light bouncing off walls and clothes would essentially be similar to what you’d get with tinted lenses, although less strong, it may actually be a thing.

The most damaging light in anstograms if I’m reading this correctly was from 5500-7500 pink light. with the peak damage at roughly 6200.

Chart from the book Health and light. Pg 54
View attachment 33688
Thanks!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think the most resounding theme in John Ott’s book “Health and Light” is that elimination of the UV spectrum is a huge health issue. He demonstrates it clearly through numerous experiments conducted over many years through out the book. Animal fertility, birth rates in animals, disease in plants and animals, poor growth, loss of energy and many more. Remarkable body of work really. Normal glass windows, eyeglasses, car windshields, and almost all commercial lighting fixtures remove the healthy UV. He makes the case that we were meant to get UV in our eyes, not at extreme levels, but we were meant too, and that light that is balanced across the full spectrum that mimics sunlight is vital. I certainly know this is a Peaty concept, natural sunlight. After reading it I feel it is a must read if you’re serious about your health. What I did not find in the book was anything about wearing the color pink, or rooms painted that color so it doesn’t answer the original post. There was a lot about the harmful effects of pink light. It was written in the 60’s and I never detected any cultural bias toward the color. He originally was trying to make plants grow inside greenhouses for stop motion photography. He seemed to just want to do what worked, and found in many cases, glass, and commercially available lights would not. In many cases they lead to detrimental effects. This is what lead him down the path to some remarkable discoveries. Fascinating read, learned a lot.
Excellent summary. :hattip

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals