The Child Who Asks Why

PTP

Still working my way through Dr Peat's articles, I wonder how many people here have read at least all the free ones on his blog.

It struck me that he seems a lot like the child who constantly asks "why"? to something, and that may be why he is not taken seriously by many people. Of course, when a child keeps asking why, eventually the adult he/she is asking will get sick of it and tell the kid to shut up, or some equivalent. Often because the adult has never even considered getting to the root of how or why we do or understand something. But Dr Peat seems highly interested in getting to the root of his own questions, which may be why he's ended up going all the way down to the cellular level in studying our biology.

So far I have seen him question The Big Bang Theory, the Expanding Universe, the official positions on 9/11, the JFK assassination, and of course standard Western approaches to medicine and nutrition. He has a questioning mind, and the majority of the world seems happy to accept what they're told. Also, with topics outside his education such as 9/11 conspiracies, he never states to know which version of events is true or more likely. But the mere fact that he questions them probably gives opponents enough ammunition to discredit him on a personal level and helps their attempts to invalidate all his research and conclusions. It's not fair, but c'est la vie.

It's funny people are always looking pointlessly for answers to wrong questions, but this is the only answer they won't accept :ss

goodandevil

That's why i resist the trap of acting like an adult, it's a thing that beats all of us down. I had a lot wrong when i was younger, but the feeling about older people capitulating entirely themselves was true

PeatThemAll

In parallel, the good doctor also looks out for the How. And has no problems sharing his findings on both fronts. :thumbright