The cause of my beardruff/Seb Derm Was....

SamYo123

Orange juice.... now my question what is the relationship with them? Histamine? What else could it be? I have tried many different OJ's fresh, squeezed, never from concentrate, from concentrate and so on and get the same result... but normal oranges/satsumas/easy peels... I dont get it at all... the turn over of skin cells flaking over to quick leaving the skin red looking and inflamed....

golder

Here we go again. Don't bother giving suggestions to Sam, he will laugh at you, disagree, then agree, then show you why it never worked, whilst also wondering how orange juice then managed to clear up all his issues.

aniciete

Do you think it could be a fructose issue? Having the fiber present could be helping you process the fructose. I’ve been having issues with OJ and basically all types of juices that completely went away when switching to whole fruits.

OP
S

SamYo123

Do you think it could be a fructose issue? Having the fiber present could be helping you process the fructose. I’ve been having issues with OJ and basically all types of juices that completely went away when switching to whole fruits.
Probably.. what about white sugar? ketchup/ honey/ maple syrup/jam?

aniciete

Probably.. what about white sugar? ketchup/ honey/ maple syrup/jam?
Honestly I have no idea. It may even have something to do with how the vitamin a in oranges is processed when you drink the juice vs eating the whole orange. I stopped orange juice almost 2 weeks ago and my longtime dandruff is fading.

GorillaHead

Honestly I have no idea. It may even have something to do with how the vitamin a in oranges is processed when you drink the juice vs eating the whole orange. I stopped orange juice almost 2 weeks ago and my longtime dandruff is fading.
But its not gone?

Neeters 27

I will dare to postulate that the dandruff is actually caused by yeast, made worse by eating sugar such as OJ and such. you, as many men who have beards and perhaps get hot/sweaty, get a type of yeast on the skin where hair grows, Nizoral shampoo or selenium sulfide like selsun blue fixes that temporarily. my son had this, his hair was so thick on his head and skin didnt breathe and he had terrible dandruff. thats what it is I bet ! taking Diflucan pill every 3 days for 3 rounds will also cure this. its available OTC.

OP
S

SamYo123

I will dare to postulate that the dandruff is actually caused by yeast, made worse by eating sugar such as OJ and such. you, as many men who have beards and perhaps get hot/sweaty, get a type of yeast on the skin where hair grows, Nizoral shampoo or selenium sulfide like selsun blue fixes that temporarily. my son had this, his hair was so thick on his head and skin didnt breathe and he had terrible dandruff. thats what it is I bet ! taking Diflucan pill every 3 days for 3 rounds will also cure this. its available OTC.
Head hair fine. Beardruff. Seems to be alot less when I up the fiber..... But I would like to know whats "happening"

golder

Thanks for this, there’s a lot of sense here. I’ve just got some fluconazole and I was just researching dosage. You recommend 150mg on Monday, then 150mg Thursday, then 150mg Sunday?

Neeters 27

yes that what I did for my yeast problem and for my son, it was recommended by my Naturopath. and you wash you beard with selenium sulfide shampoo and leave it on the skin while youre showering the rest of you then rinse off. I would follow up with a small amount of coconut oil or beard oil after to keep beard hairs soft if its a longer beard, as shampoo is drying. good luck!

golder

yes that what I did for my yeast problem and for my son, it was recommended by my Naturopath. and you wash you beard with selenium sulfide shampoo and leave it on the skin while youre showering the rest of you then rinse off. I would follow up with a small amount of coconut oil or beard oil after to keep beard hairs soft if its a longer beard, as shampoo is drying. good luck!
Nice. I tried it once years ago at 150mg once. It cleared it up but it came back a few months later. I’m wondering if it was because a) I was more hypothyroid back then or b) I didn’t do the 3 doses of 150mg spread throughout the week. This was years ago and my thyroid is slightly better now. think I will retry the three applications and see if it helps with the recurrent white tongue. Did your sons yeast issue ever reoccur after that?

OP
S

SamYo123

Found this

"it is very important to sweep out the accumulated yeast cells with fibre. A rich supply of fibre mechanically eliminates the accumulated yeast cells from the intestines. This is especially efficient when you eat fibre several times a day, also for example in form of a supplement. Fibre also encourages a faster digestion, which is important to get the Candida out of your intestines and has the additional advantage of making you feel full. This makes the diet easier."

"Candida is a yeast and, when you consume foods that contain yeast, you are adding more yeast to an already yeast-heavy environment. High yeast foods include:"

Grapes usually make me flake more i notice, grapes also have yeast on their skins

"
Is a diet alone enough to kill Candida?
The special diet is vital to diminish the number of fungi but you will need the medication in addition as nobody can starve Candida to death. In emergency candida can switch to a protein metabolism and when seriously starved they start penetrating the intestinal lining to get sugars from the blood. This provokes the danger of a systemic fungal infection, which can cause even worse problems."

Suppose thats what peat warns about
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYd1-4bsH2c
sugar keeping the candidia in check but, keeping sugar in keeps the flakes about

Last edited:

golder

Which specific food fibre do you think would be best used here? Carrots/mushrooms/bamboo shoots?

GorillaHead

Idk if it’s yeast. I think it’s bacteria. Because I personally have used 5 different antifungals three of them pharma grade no luck. I think we need to make a distinction between the types of dandruff.

the way my scalp and beard flake it’s like wood shavings. Dry and dusty. but there are differences for other people.

golder

Idk if it’s yeast. I think it’s bacteria. Because I personally have used 5 different antifungals three of them pharma grade no luck. I think we need to make a distinction between the types of dandruff.

the way my scalp and beard flake it’s like wood shavings. Dry and dusty. but there are differences for other people.
Is there a topical antibacterial based shampoo? Would love to try that, or maybe even dissolving a pinch of penicillin/cyclines in a shampoo if that’s possible?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals