The Cause Of Baldness

reality

If it’s IGF1 then it still doesn’t explain why females do not get MPB?

also, a lot of talk about “hunter gatherers” but how do we know they didn’t experience MPb either.

D

Deleted member 5487

If it’s IGF1 then it still doesn’t explain why females do not get MPB?

also, a lot of talk about “hunter gatherers” but how do we know they didn’t experience MPb either.

Females have remarkabley less IGF-1
Testosterone/DHT increase IGF-1 by several fold.

D

Deleted member 5487

Females have remarkabley less IGF-1
Testosterone/DHT increase IGF-1 by several fold.

Every male with balding has the same old vertex balding. Skull and collagen grow as theIGF-1/ IGFBP3 ratio Is down to control the excess growth. The follicle is starved off from access to glucose and nutrients. The follicle shrinks. The follicle dies, the skin without access to nutrients becomes fibrotic, calcifies and goes dormant.

Mossy

I spent many hours on planes analysising males and vertex balding is 100% IGF-1/IGFB3 ratio. I’ve never been this certain in my life.

The ticket Balding is sitting on your **** and eating huge amounts of protein/fat. About the most unnatural thing for humans since the dawn of time.
Eggs, milk, meat throughout the day is extremely unnatural. Tons of methaionine with little glycine, floating around and increasing IGF-1 skull/collagen begun to grow/bundle after high school sports are over and vertex balding comenses. Recession of the temples is first and slowly that comenses to full cap baldness
I think it’s good to share these ideas, and for my own situation I do consider them, but what of someone like my older brother who eats whatever he wants, all of the bad hair foods you mention, and is not balding (by your definition). I would say he is diffuse thinning, but no vertex or temple balding. He’s always had a good hairline and eats very heavy protein and zero exercise. I would classify him as unhealthy, diabetic, hypothyroid, and on a path to self-destruction.

Ableton

Every male with balding has the same old vertex balding. Skull and collagen grow as theIGF-1/ IGFBP3 ratio Is down to control the excess growth. The follicle is starved off from access to glucose and nutrients. The follicle shrinks. The follicle dies, the skin without access to nutrients becomes fibrotic, calcifies and goes dormant.
what explains norwood pattern in your theory?
why does vertex follow temple etc

why is fin nd minox especially effective in vertex

why is the middle of the head different from vertex and temples

Ableton

I think it’s good to share these ideas, and for my own situation I do consider them, but what of someone like my older brother who eats whatever he wants, all of the bad hair foods you mention, and is not balding (by your definition). I would say he is diffuse thinning, but no vertex or temple balding. He’s always had a good hairline and eats very heavy protein and zero exercise. I would classify him as unhealthy, diabetic, hypothyroid, and on a path to self-destruction.

if its true that hair is a somewhat good indicator of health, which I am not sure I agree with btw, you should still consider that hair status right now is probably more reflective of health status years (decades) ago that led up to this

GorillaHead

Lol at the skull expansion theory. So somehow back in the day a man who was super old and was on benaxaprofen after. Sunburn regrew hair entirely in that area. Somehow the skull shrank. ... the skull expansion theory not only has zero science behind it it explains nothing. It works outside all the frameworks or science we have ever developed.

Estradiol

Lol at the skull expansion theory. So somehow back in the day a man who was super old and was on benaxaprofen after. Sunburn regrew hair entirely in that area. Somehow the skull shrank. ... the skull expansion theory not only has zero science behind it it explains nothing. It works outside all the frameworks or science we have ever developed.

It may not be skull/bone but it maybe about muscles/skin on scalp.

Estradiol

It’s def about muscle and skin on scalp it may even be related to bone. But people are not losing their hair because their heads are getting bigger.

Do you think bloodletting from scalp help? People on hairlosstalk reports less shedding when they draw more blood when microneedling.

I think blood in balding scalp 'thicker'.

wavelength123

It’s def about muscle and skin on scalp it may even be related to bone. But people are not losing their hair because their heads are getting bigger.

Yet it’s extremely uncommon to witness someone with juvenile hairline and density (male or female) and an abnormal skull: elongated forehead, protruding, oversized, whatever. Put it differently, every single time I see an adult with perfect hair and density (male or female) they don’t have an oversized oblong skull.

since people on the internet only seem to argue with arbitrary N=1s.... here’s a funny avatar from this forum. Sums it all up nicely

5653.jpg

Chin to brow = same length
Massive skull is the epitome of bald
Normal skull has quasi juvenile hair

GreekDemiGod

The internet really tricks people into thinking they’re a Ferrari when they’re a Camry at best. That’s why I’ve given up on helping people online: everybody thinks they’re knowledgeable when in fact they’re skinny and bald.
I think a suitable analogy is the following: running on stress hormones will have you thinking you're a Ferrari, when you're not. Running on stress hormones is like getting yourself in debt, borrowing money from the future. And at some point you will have to pay back your debt.
This brings the question, what determines whether yoy're a Camry or something else? Genes, resillence to stress, childhood development leading to a more robust organism.

GreekDemiGod

One of my friends is NW0 at 28, perfect hairline, but diffuse thinning rapidly all over the scalp. I don't think he has any idea what's coming for him, not sure I should tell him gently. What's the cause of this?
He has a vertical "Chad" forehead, I think that's why his temples have holded strong.
Sloped forehead = guaranteed temple recession?
Vertical forehead = NW0?

I also know another guy who has the same, he's 31. NW0 and diffuse thinning.

@Mossy How does your brother's forehead look?

Last edited:

redsun

One of my friends is NW0 at 28, perfect hairline, but diffuse thinning rapidly all over the scalp. I don't think he has any idea what's coming for him, not sure I should tell him gently. What's the cause of this?
He has a vertical "Chad" forehead, I think that's why his temples have holded strong.
Sloped forehead = guaranteed temple recession?
Vertical forehead = NW0?

I also know another guy who has the same, he's 31. NW0 and diffuse thinning.

@Mossy How does your brother's forehead look?

Dude what do you mean, diffuse thinning is nothing it grows back there's nothing coming for your friend lol unless he takes a ***t and doesnt get diet and stress under control. The issue with diffuse is excessive stress, mineral + protein deficiencies, making the hairs fall out too early (telogen effluvium). If the diet is put back in the right spot where protein is varied and adequate and the diet is very rich in trace minerals (especially zinc + copper, manganese even, possibly iron if anemic) the hair comes back no problem in a few months time (time to come back varies).

Diffuse is easiest to fix it is not MPB. Emphasis on mineral rich, proper protein diet and carbs to control cortisol and it will come back.

wavelength123

I think a suitable analogy is the following: running on stress hormones will have you thinking you're a Ferrari, when you're not. Running on stress hormones is like getting yourself in debt, borrowing money from the future. And at some point you will have to pay back your debt.
This brings the question, what determines whether yoy're a Camry or something else? Genes, resillence to stress, childhood development leading to a more robust organism.

yeah that’s a good way to phrase it, wholeheartedly agreeing with your take on stress hormones and running in debt

Attakai

Yet it’s extremely uncommon to witness someone with juvenile hairline and density (male or female) and an abnormal skull: elongated forehead, protruding, oversized, whatever. Put it differently, every single time I see an adult with perfect hair and density (male or female) they don’t have an oversized oblong skull.

since people on the internet only seem to argue with arbitrary N=1s.... here’s a funny avatar from this forum. Sums it all up nicely

5653.jpg

Chin to brow = same length
Massive skull is the epitome of bald
Normal skull has quasi juvenile hair
fedor-emelianenko-antonio-silva-strikeforce.jpg