The Cause Of Baldness

mrchibbs

Man I bet my phosphate/calcium ratio has been ridiculously stupid for a couple of decades ever since I cut out milk back in my late 20's (I'm 41 now). I used to drink 2-3 glasses a day. Mind you I've always worked out at least 3-4 days a week, taken a ton of protein supplements, lean meats ...... all the stereotypical BS we're led to believe we need to do.

I too made the mistake of cutting out milk for several years, probably made things a lot worse for myself. That’s why I tell everyone who is just now experiencing first stages of hair loss to get some sunshine and drink milk. Together that takes care of a lot of the pathological drivers. And if a person is unwilling to incorporate more changes, aspirin can take care of the inflammatory cascade. Those 3 basic things are really the foundation.

mrchibbs

What population/ethnicity/class/region do you find the best quality hair (anecdotally) and what do you see in their lifestyle?

I think my observations are less true now than they were 20 or 30 years ago. But Indians eating traditional coconut oil or ghee based diet used to have excellent hair. Mexicans and Latin Americans too. Japanese people, with their high consumption of butter, eggs, milk and seafood used to have great hair too, especially in the coastal regions, I read accounts of 90 y.olds with full heads of dark hair.

With the advent of the modern world, and industrialization, with drugs, vegetable oils etc. this is changing rapidly.

PaRa

This article links introverts/ social anxiety and high serotonin
Lower Your Serotonin to Lower Your Social Anxiety
so less meat and less hard to digest foods (fiber)

we would stick first to dairies and fruit so
Tubers and white rice (low nutrients tho) are starches, but easy to digest so what do you though ?
Low fat seems best to keep metabolism up but without some starches, it leads to high fructose, high sucrose is not the best for muscle glycogen
Fats will lower metabolism and there is Randle cycle

D

Deleted member 5487

Well, I love the intellectualism about the causes of balding. When are we going to focus more on tissues and follicles? Sure there some techniques or treatments that help but we are missing the mark. The theories fail to address transplanted hair. Few have correlated any hormone levels with balding that I have read here. Hormone levels may be reactive measures than causative. Being female or taking birth control has proven the best way not to go bald.
I have no doubt it contributed to mine - especially given all the lean meat, chicken, and protein supplements I've consumed. In fact, these days my stomach gets so sour from most protein drinks.

Being that my body is already chronically metabolically stressed - bombarding it with all that tryptophan (leading to the cascade of serotonin, estrogen, prolactin, etc) is not good. I've also struggled to get in the right carb intake and calories.

I've read numerous articles lately from interview with Dr. Peat and ordered my NOW gelatin immediately.

Gelatin, stress, longevity
An Interview With Dr. Raymond Peat: A Renowned Nutritional Counselor Offers His Thoughts About Thyroid Disease / Thyroid Disease Information Source - Articles/FAQs

Last edited by a moderator:

mrchibbs

Why even bother making such an ignorantly naive statement like this?

Just trying to stir ***t up as usual. We like constructive discussion on hair loss, not the same reheated hopeless rhetoric.

b555

Why even bother making such an ignorantly naive statement like this?

Ray peat has avoided PUFA , taking the proper supplements to support metabolism for many decades... tell me why is he balding?
RayPeat-photo--1160x1740.jpg

b555

Woah dude, what a groundbreaking input in this conversation!
@mrchibbs why is ray peat balding? Ray is clearly a norwood 3
He is in remarkable health yet he's losing his hair.. Because it's a natural process. Nothing wrong with losing your hair.

Obviously you need hair to feel good, so i suggest hair transplant.

baccheion

Gelatin is great but the only downside would be the increase in 5ar which can increase dht. Dht increases IGF-1 and can make hairloss worse for some. The main downside of high meat/milk is the methaione, iron, phosphorus. All which increase IGF-1
I believe it is only increased in the brain, leading to more allopregnanolone.

baccheion

I didn't know that, so it's not systemic?
I believe so..

IGF-1 is said to be good for hair, especially as it is associated with lower TGF-B1. Progesterone and testosterone deficiency paired with higher stress hormones (including DHT and estrogens) = recession.

I wonder if more and more and more magnesium would mute some of these issues. Inflammation, oxidative stress, heavy metals, PTH, estrogens, etc are all opposed by it. Or maybe it's too late once receding.

mrchibbs

@mrchibbs why is ray peat balding? Ray is clearly a norwood 3
He is in remarkable health yet he's losing his hair.. Because it's a natural process. Nothing wrong with losing your hair.

Obviously you need hair to feel good, so i suggest hair transplant.

Do yourself a favour and excuse yourself from this thread. You’re not bringing anything to the table and your attitude does not make anyone want to interact with you.

D

Deleted member 5487

I believe so..

IGF-1 is said to be good for hair, especially as it is associated with lower TGF-B1. Progesterone and testosterone deficiency paired with higher stress hormones (including DHT and estrogens) = recession.

I wonder if more and more and more magnesium would mute some of these issues. Inflammation, oxidative stress, heavy metals, PTH, estrogens, etc are all opposed by it. Or maybe it's too late once receding.

IGF-1 being good is danny roddys work, he can't go back and change it.
@Elphanto said it was the number one worst thing for it. Or atleast the ratio being correct is super important.

IGF1 : IGFBP3 Ratio As A Predictor Of Male Vertex Balding

"Useful things to take from this + additional informations :

Milk contains IGF-1 but no IGFBP3, thus increasing the ratio of IGF1:IGFBP3 that is predictor of vertex balding.

Growth hormone increases IGF1 and IGFBP3 proportionally. IGFBP3 is a growth hormone-responsive gene.

IGFBP3 restricts growth excess (skull/collagen growth leading to blood constriction and calcification in male balding), and is low in many types of cancer like prostate cancer.

Estrogen and iron reduce IGFBP3.-

Elephanto, Aug 23, 2017 ReportBookmark"

upload_2020-7-5_21-6-41.png

About 40lbs of collagen on that head. Follicles havn't seen glucose or potassium in decades

PATB

People often lose hair due to anabolic steroids or similar substances that suppress natural-T production (SARMs, pro-hormones, PEDs as the most likely culprits). I think it has to do with estrogen and/or DHT (probably some combination). It will only happen if you have the genes for it though.

Unfortunately in many cases you can only prevent or slow it, not really reverse it. Although some people claim derma-rolling works, I tried it and didn't get much in terms of results. Plus, I just shave my head. If there's a supplement worth taking or something to rub on your head that reverses it -- and doesn't require life-long commitment or negative side effects, then whoever patents it would be extremely rich.

D

Deleted member 5487

People often lose hair due to anabolic steroids or similar substances that suppress natural-T production (SARMs, pro-hormones, PEDs as the most likely culprits). I think it has to do with estrogen and/or DHT (probably some combination). It will only happen if you have the genes for it though.

Unfortunately in many cases you can only prevent or slow it, not really reverse it. Although some people claim derma-rolling works, I tried it and didn't get much in terms of results. Plus, I just shave my head. If there's a supplement worth taking or something to rub on your head that reverses it -- and doesn't require life-long commitment or negative side effects, then whoever patents it would be extremely rich.

STEROIDS=IGF-1 and skull growth
upload_2020-7-5_21-31-53.png

upload_2020-7-5_21-31-31.png

inurendotoxin

IGF-1 being good is danny roddys work, he can't go back and change it.
@Elphanto said it was the number one worst thing for it. Or atleast the ratio being correct is super important.

IGF1 : IGFBP3 Ratio As A Predictor Of Male Vertex Balding

"Useful things to take from this + additional informations :

Milk contains IGF-1 but no IGFBP3, thus increasing the ratio of IGF1:IGFBP3 that is predictor of vertex balding.

Growth hormone increases IGF1 and IGFBP3 proportionally. IGFBP3 is a growth hormone-responsive gene.

IGFBP3 restricts growth excess (skull/collagen growth leading to blood constriction and calcification in male balding), and is low in many types of cancer like prostate cancer.

Estrogen and iron reduce IGFBP3.-

Elephanto, Aug 23, 2017 ReportBookmark"

View attachment 18431
About 40lbs of collagen on that head. Follicles havn't seen glucose or potassium in decades

So, this suggests avoidance of milk = pro-hair? Or just that we should work on increasing IGFBP3?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals