The Carrot Salad Might Help You With

lindsay

I think the bike explanation from pboy is part of it also. Binding bile may be why carrot salad or charcoal reduce estrogen.

I don't have a gallbladder, so I've been taking Ox Bile for quite some time so I can digest proteins. Most powerful "bowel" cleanser, I've found, is one Ox Bile tablet followed by two soft boiled eggs with butter and salt. Precede this "meal" or snack earlier in the day with a carrot salad made with coconut oil, an orange, or some other easily digestible fiber, and it's quite potent. I can literally go from lacking energy and feeling sluggish to being super productive after my egg eating. I just need to get the timing of it better, I think. Like, carrot salad in the evening, Ox Bile and eggs in the morning. Oh yes, and I forgot, drink OJ with the eggs of course. Even more endotoxin fighting power. I have never felt optimal without some sort of plant fiber in my diet. I just think there's something very powerful about it for cleaning the bowels. So I'd have to agree with pboy on that note.

seano

... Most powerful "bowel" cleanser, I've found, is one Ox Bile tablet followed by two soft boiled eggs with butter and salt. ...

Same here with no gallbladder (doctor mis-diagnosed a pinch bile duct) and can attest to the power of eggs with butter. Caught myself in London many times hunting for a bathroom after having eggs+butter for breakfast.

EIRE24

I don't have a gallbladder, so I've been taking Ox Bile for quite some time so I can digest proteins. Most powerful "bowel" cleanser, I've found, is one Ox Bile tablet followed by two soft boiled eggs with butter and salt. Precede this "meal" or snack earlier in the day with a carrot salad made with coconut oil, an orange, or some other easily digestible fiber, and it's quite potent. I can literally go from lacking energy and feeling sluggish to being super productive after my egg eating. I just need to get the timing of it better, I think. Like, carrot salad in the evening, Ox Bile and eggs in the morning. Oh yes, and I forgot, drink OJ with the eggs of course. Even more endotoxin fighting power. I have never felt optimal without some sort of plant fiber in my diet. I just think there's something very powerful about it for cleaning the bowels. So I'd have to agree with pboy on that note.

So you feel good with plant fiber in your diet but not starch?

lindsay

So you feel good with plant fiber in your diet but not starch?

It varies, but yes. I can eat starch in small doses and with fat (such as Coconut oil). I've tried high starch low fat diets in the past and I got appendicitis. It could have been a bacterial infection brewing for a long time, but after that, I was sort of fearful of starch - at least in higher doses. I still eat crackers sometimes, and occasionally potatoes. But too much leads to massive digestive issues for me. Especially with more fibrous starches. However, there is a really good Russian salad I ate recently because someone gave it to me - made with beets, potatoes, peas & pickles. I do fine with that and used to eat that salad regularly when I lived in Russia - I plan to make my own soon with MCT or olive oil, so it's healthier. I think it's the fiber that doesn't get absorbed and goes right through that's more beneficial. But that's just my personal experience.

seano

It varies, but yes. I can eat starch in small doses and with fat (such as Coconut oil). I've tried high starch low fat diets in the past and I got appendicitis. It could have been a bacterial infection brewing for a long time, but after that, I was sort of fearful of starch - at least in higher doses. I still eat crackers sometimes, and occasionally potatoes. But too much leads to massive digestive issues for me. Especially with more fibrous starches. However, there is a really good Russian salad I ate recently because someone gave it to me - made with beets, potatoes, peas & pickles. I do fine with that and used to eat that salad regularly when I lived in Russia - I plan to make my own soon with MCT or olive oil, so it's healthier. I think it's the fiber that doesn't get absorbed and goes right through that's more beneficial. But that's just my personal experience.

A recent discovery regarding potatoes:
- When I eat them in huge quantities, digestion gets rough. I call it "going anaconda" where I lay down on my side and digest ;)
- BUT if I puree them they digest easier than anything I've ever eaten. The volume reduces incredibly. Especially effective for when I need lots of food from active days. I've taken a few kilo in a day with this preparation.

PeatThemAll

One seldom-mentioned cause: hydrogen sulfide (3min33+). The genotoxicity part is interesting too.

Maretch

adapting to drinking milk

getting used to aspirin
, because according to some studies, aspirin could enhance intestinal permeability and thus serum endotoxin, so it would be helpful to eliminate some endotoxin with the carrot

getting used to gelatin powder, because, again, the carrot eliminates endotoxin, which the gelatin powder could increase

what else?
adapting to drink milk? Really? I just have so many troubles with dairy

Blossom

Forum Supporter
adapting to drink milk? Really? I just have so many troubles with dairy
I've been drinking lactose free milk lately. The kind I buy in the US just has the lactase enzyme added but the nutritional profile is the same as regular cows milk.

steel_reserve

Since I've started eating carrots everyday (5-6 baby carrots), I no longer experience sleep inertia.

For 20 years waking up in the morning was a 30 minute to 1 hour long ordeal. It literally felt like I was drugged. Now I just turn off my first alarm, disable my second (don't need it anymore), and get ready for work.

Being constantly late for work/school or sleeping through morning events really damages your name. Even my parents questioned whether I was lazy or lacked will power. It sucked.

Praise Jesus I found this forum.

Since I've started eating carrots everyday (5-6 baby carrots), I no longer experience sleep inertia.

For 20 years waking up in the morning was a 30 minute to 1 hour long ordeal. It literally felt like I was drugged. Now I just turn off my first alarm, disable my second (don't need it anymore), and get ready for work.

Being constantly late for work/school or sleeping through morning events really damages your name. Even my parents questioned whether I was lazy or lacked will power. It sucked.

Praise Jesus I found this forum.

That is extraordinary

Amazoniac

By actually scraping the walls while being antimicrobial:
William F. Koch Research Site
"Cancer of the bowel, the sigmoid flexure and cavity, most noticeably develops in patients who neglect the emptying of the bowel once or more times a day including their failure to completely empty the sigmoid cavity at each movement. The accumulation of material in the sigmoid area can prove most disastrous. It has lost its parastaltic wave that normally strips the contents out through the anus without leaving any residue. In many, only the “overflow” gets out so a big portion is retained. Here the bacteria have their chance to continually re-infect all material that is admitted which keeps the intoxication going at its highest rate. The bowel wall gets poisoned so it cannot produce the energy necessary to make the muscle fibers contract. The pressure developed inside by accumulation and gas production, causes the wall to dilate and form sacs or diverticulae that hold the feces indefinitely thereby, poisoning the wall more, making it dilate still more, resulting in a vicious circle."

Dobbler

By actually scraping the walls while being antimicrobial:
William F. Koch Research Site
"Cancer of the bowel, the sigmoid flexure and cavity, most noticeably develops in patients who neglect the emptying of the bowel once or more times a day including their failure to completely empty the sigmoid cavity at each movement. The accumulation of material in the sigmoid area can prove most disastrous. It has lost its parastaltic wave that normally strips the contents out through the anus without leaving any residue. In many, only the “overflow” gets out so a big portion is retained. Here the bacteria have their chance to continually re-infect all material that is admitted which keeps the intoxication going at its highest rate. The bowel wall gets poisoned so it cannot produce the energy necessary to make the muscle fibers contract. The pressure developed inside by accumulation and gas production, causes the wall to dilate and form sacs or diverticulae that hold the feces indefinitely thereby, poisoning the wall more, making it dilate still more, resulting in a vicious circle."
So raw carrot can do that?

SamYo123

"choosing foods (such as raw carrots or cooked bamboo shoots or cooked mushrooms) which accelerate peristalsis and speed transit through the bowel, which suppressing bacterial growth, seems like a convenient approach to increasing longevity.”"

It doesnt accelerate it so am i getting the benefits of the raw carrot or not? Ive had carrot salad for 4 days now, and havent had a ***t these last 2 days

Ill start sh***ing again when I add oat bran though