The California Official "Seal Of Approval" For Olive Oil

DMF

I don't believe it stands for much of anything reliable or genuine. The brands with this stamp taste and whiff of all the other brands. I'd like to improve my health with healthy fats like this kind that must've sustained civilizations around the Mediterranean for thousands of years - but can't because the bottlers are all liars.
I wish I could go to an actual mill and get the real stuff first hand.

tankasnowgod

I'd like to improve my health with healthy fats like this kind that must've sustained civilizations around the Mediterranean for thousands of years -

Meh, probably not. France, a country whose border is the Mediterranean Sea, traditionally used more butter in cooking than olive oil. The majority of their fats were coming from dairy and meat. If anything, Olive Oil was a condiment. I don't think it's much of a "key to health," you would likely do better simply focusing on butter and/or coconut oil, and avoiding the higher PUFA oils, including so called Olive Oils. What is presented as "The Mediterranean Diet" these days simply seems like a artifact of Ancel Keys baseless war on Saturated Fat and Cholesterol.

The Anti-French Diet - Fire In A Bottle

SonOfEurope

Meh, probably not. France, a country whose border is the Mediterranean Sea, traditionally used more butter in cooking than olive oil. The majority of their fats were coming from dairy and meat. If anything, Olive Oil was a condiment. I don't think it's much of a "key to health," you would likely do better simply focusing on butter and/or coconut oil, and avoiding the higher PUFA oils, including so called Olive Oils. What is presented as "The Mediterranean Diet" these days simply seems like a artifact of Ancel Keys baseless war on Saturated Fat and Cholesterol.

The Anti-French Diet - Fire In A Bottle

Well it's true... But France only has an "Olive growing Region" in its southern quarter... The rest of the Country is climatically similar to England only with Sunnier Summers.

But it's true.... Spain has half it's territory (Southern half) in the olive growing region yet the main source of fats even in Andalusia has been lard/butter and Olive oil is mostly a condiment... Never eaten in massive proportions.

In the Northern half of Spain where there are no Olive groves and the climate is Cold from the continentalism and altitude (more winter Snow than England) it has historically been a very meat-heavy diet but of gelatinous cuts and ham, cheese and tallow/butter as fat sources.

Back
Top Bottom