The Bulletproof Coffee Founder Has Spent $1 Million In His Quest To Live To 180

Mito

6FAC4D1B-9125-4E4F-9C56-2B3883B67A57.jpeg

How Bulletproof Founder Dave Asprey Became the Ultimate Biohacker

“As he’s fond of saying, he has no interest in being average. Asprey, who is 45, has made the widely publicized claim that he expects to live to 180. To that end, he plans to get his own stem cells injected into him every six months, take 100 supplements a day, follow a strict diet, bathe in infrared light, hang out in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and wear goofy yellow-lensed glasses every time he gets on an airplane. So far, Asprey says he’s spent at least a million dollars hacking his own biology, and making it to 2153 will certainly take several million more.”

tankasnowgod

View attachment 11996
How Bulletproof Founder Dave Asprey Became the Ultimate Biohacker

“As he’s fond of saying, he has no interest in being average. Asprey, who is 45, has made the widely publicized claim that he expects to live to 180. To that end, he plans to get his own stem cells injected into him every six months, take 100 supplements a day, follow a strict diet, bathe in infrared light, hang out in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and wear goofy yellow-lensed glasses every time he gets on an airplane. So far, Asprey says he’s spent at least a million dollars hacking his own biology, and making it to 2153 will certainly take several million more.”

There's not a great track record with guys making these claims. Roy Walford, author of the 120 Year Diet, and big proponent of Calorie Restriction, died at 79. Then again, we probably won't be around in 2153, either.

ddjd

look at some non-photoshopped photos. he looks like crap

What a doofus. Total marketing gimmickry.

yerrag

A classic...
... tragic hero.

Icarus and Daedalus.

nwo2012

Im older and look younger than that. Plus looking closely, I see gyno. He wont make 100 nevermind 180.

TeaRex14

Definitely a marketing ploy. His high fat approach is also driving the train in the wrong direction if longevity is his goal. That said, he doesn't look bad to be 45, but he doesn't look exceptionally good either.

OP
Mito

Mito

What a doofus. Total marketing gimmickry.
Lots of marketing hype for sure with Bulletproof products, but if you are attempting to live to 180, I think most would agree that even a perfect diet (whether that’s a Peat inspired diet or not) is not going to get you there. Some form of supplementation and other interventions are going to be needed to live that long.

schultz

He should spend $30 on Ray's newsletter...

With that kind of money you could set up a nicely tuned system to keep your house at optimal CO2 levels, with safety features installed (so you don't kill yourself). I'd also put a bunch of 1500w incandescent light bulbs in my house (I use 500w in my house, but I am no millionaire lol).

Edit: I've decided to buy a 1500w bulb for fun.

Edit2: Aww man, 1000bulbs doesn't sell it anymore!

Edit3: Guess I'll just get the stupid 1000w bulb... :(

Last edited:

Mauritio

At least he pushes saturated fats ,coffee and gelatin...

bboone

he looks older at 45 than my dad, who has spent $0 in his quest to live to 180, looks in his mid 60s. you can't overcome your genetics

also what did this guy "invent" again? putting butter in coffee?

Orome

Forum Supporter
I have to admit that I quite like his podcasts. He has some interesting topics and guests from time to time. Also I have to give him credit to point my attention to Danny Roddy (he mentioned his name in one of his Q&A podcasts). And through Danny's book I found Ray Peat...:sunglasses:.
So although he clearly is a sugar alarmist he pointed me in the right direction in the end :thumbup:.

tastyfood

I went to one of his talks live, and he was low-energy, could barely stand still. He was eating some blueberries.

RisingSun

Definitely a marketing ploy. His high fat approach is also driving the train in the wrong direction if longevity is his goal. That said, he doesn't look bad to be 45, but he doesn't look exceptionally good either.

Not bad for 45?

He looks 60

schultz

also what did this guy "invent" again? putting butter in coffee?

I think he took the idea from Tibetans. I suppose he uses coffee instead of tea. When someone interviewing Ray asked him about it he seemed so perplexed "Uhh, I like cream in my coffee. It mixes better..." (paraphrased) lol. It's also almost the same thing so it's weird that people don't just use cream. What's the concern, trace amounts of proteins?

Butter tea - Wikipedia

Edit: What's hilarious is that this person has convinced a large amount of people to do this, instead of using cream. The butter doesn't mix well, doesn't taste as good, is less convenient and yet is made from cream and is almost the same thing, so why not just use cream? It's like some weird social experiment to see if people can be convinced to do something nonsensical. Apparently they can be...

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I think he took the idea from Tibetans. I suppose he uses coffee instead of tea. When someone interviewing Ray asked him about it he seemed so perplexed "Uhh, I like cream in my coffee. It mixes better..." (paraphrased) lol. It's also almost the same thing so it's weird that people don't just use cream. What's the concern, trace amounts of proteins?

Butter tea - Wikipedia

Edit: What's hilarious is that this person has convinced a large amount of people to do this, instead of using cream. The butter doesn't mix well, doesn't taste as good, is less convenient and yet is made from cream and is almost the same thing, so why not just use cream? It's like some weird social experiment to see if people can be convinced to do something nonsensical. Apparently they can be...

Stephen Guyenet is on it! "Invincible Coffee" is absolutely a step up from Bulletproof!

Whole Health Source: Invincible Coffee: The Next Evolution of Joe

InChristAlone

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom