?? The Bicycle is the Slow Death of the Planet ?

Birdie

General Director of Euro Exim Bank Ltd. got economists thinking when he said:

"A cyclist is a disaster for the country's economy: he does not buy cars and does not borrow money to buy. He does not pay for insurance policies. He does not buy fuel, does not pay for the necessary maintenance and repairs. He does not use paid parking. He does not cause serious accidents. He does not require multi-lane highways. He does not get fat.
Healthy people are neither needed nor useful for the economy. They don't buy medicine. They do not go to hospitals or doctors. Nothing is added to the country's GDP (gross domestic product).

On the contrary, every new McDonald's restaurant creates at least 30 jobs: 10 cardiologists, 10 dentists, 10 dietary experts and nutritionists, and obviously, people who work at the restaurant itself."

Choose carefully: cyclist or McDonald's? It is worth considering.
P.S. Walking is even worse. Pedestrians don't even buy bicycles.
Larry
Mt Airy Bicycle
College Park Bicycle
Maryland, USA

www.bike123.com
larry@bike123.com

Birdie

P.S. Larry is a good guy who put together a gym set for us when he was visiting a mutual friend in our town. It took them 9 hours. I was out.

Bike riding can be quite fun, and you can go pretty far without getting tired. The only issue for me is it tends to give me a slight lower back pain.

gaze

riding a bike is still dangerous, especially in cities. bus and train are the least dangerous methods of transportation, although i understand if trying to protest oil, gas, roads, etc

Inaut

Yea and it’s bad for dudes reproductive capabilities...

I prefer the heel toe express.

OccamzRazer

Bike riding can be quite fun, and you can go pretty far without getting tired. The only issue for me is it tends to give me a slight lower back pain.
With proper bike fit and flexible psoas muscles this should be avoidable :)

OccamzRazer

Yea and it’s bad for dudes reproductive capabilities...

I prefer the heel toe express.
Not with the right kind of bike seat!

With proper bike fit and flexible psoas muscles this should be avoidable :)
Yeah, my psoas muscle could probably use some exercises/ stretching.

Drareg

"A cyclist is a disaster for the country's economy: he does not buy cars and does not borrow money to buy. He does not pay for insurance policies. He does not buy fuel, does not pay for the necessary maintenance and repairs. He does not use paid parking. He does not cause serious accidents. He does not require multi-lane highways. He does not get fat.
Healthy people are neither needed nor useful for the economy. They don't buy medicine. They do not go to hospitals or doctors. Nothing is added to the country's GDP (gross domestic product).

On the contrary, every new McDonald's restaurant creates at least 30 jobs: 10 cardiologists, 10 dentists, 10 dietary experts and nutritionists, and obviously, people who work at the restaurant itself."

Larry
Mt Airy Bicycle
College Park Bicycle
Maryland, USA

www.bike123.com
larry@bike123.com
The ruling class may want de-growth, it allows them to monopolize industry and business.

They will probably use cyclists to generate electricity while cycling and store it, they are also talking about doing this with your shoes and surfaces in the work place.

You will also need insurance to cycle soon, the more people take up cycling the more likely we will have accidents, the cyclists mentality is one of rage and authoritarianism , this type of persona always seeks out things like insurance.
You will also pay for parking your bike.

With regard to healthy people they won’t exist if they buy into the new system, the fourth industrial revolution is centered around big pharma and medicating people, billions have taken the vaccines paid for with their tax money, those with side effects will be getting big medical bills soon, win win for the medical establishment, anti depressants on the rise also.

OccamzRazer

What seat do you recommend?
Cobb makes some great ones!

Ideally you'd find a shop that carries this brand and demo several of their seats before buying. Hip width plays a big role in what type of seat is best.

Lollipop2

Larry
Mt Airy Bicycle
College Park Bicycle
Maryland, USA

www.bike123.com
larry@bike123.com
What a quote. Telling.

yerrag

Reminds me of comedian named Maya Valdez during the Marcos years whose slogan was "Para sa ikauunlad ng bayan, disiplina and kailangan."

She made fun of it and was jailed. She said " Para sa ikauunlad ng bayan, bisikleta and kailangan."

A tame joke for a regime on its last legs then.

Translation: For the country's progress, disipline is needed.

Steve

What seat do you recommend?
I recommend the Specialized Power saddle. I have that one and the Brooks Cambium with the cut out.
The Power saddle results in zero discomfort. The Cambium has more flexibility for going over bumps, but it does have some discomfort after a while.
They're both pretty good, but for me the Power saddle seems to be the healthier option, but it may depend on your unique butt.

OccamzRazer

I recommend the Specialized Power saddle. I have that one and the Brooks Cambium with the cut out.
The Power saddle results in zero discomfort. The Cambium has more flexibility for going over bumps, but it does have some discomfort after a while.
They're both pretty good, but for me the Power saddle seems to be the healthier option, but it may depend on your unique butt.
Brooks saddles are awesome!

Another thing to keep in mind is that women should usually select a female-specific saddle that's a bit wider because of their pleasantly wider hips lol