Hans

Forum Supporter
Fueling your workouts properly is key to performing optimally.
Sometimes is difficult to get it right. Either the amount is not enough, or we get gastric upset, or worse, hypoglycemia during the workout. With the right carb source, we can prevent that from happening.

A few benefits of pre-workout carbs are:
  • Increased glucose oxidation during exercise
  • Limited cortisol, noradrenaline and serotonin increase
  • Improved exercise performance
  • Better mood and cognition, etc.
The best pre-workout carbs for athletes for maximal exercise performance » MENELITE

What do you usually use pre-workout and what works best for you?

Thanks man. Have you experimented with different doses pre-workout to see the effects?

The product came with a 30g scope. I mix it with juice, dissolves pretty well and drink half before and half during, so 15g before and 15g during.

I'm still adjusting to it but noticing how much better I feel during and after my workout. Based on your article, going to experiment with higher amounts.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
The product came with a 30g scope. I mix it with juice, dissolves pretty well and drink half before and half during, so 15g before and 15g during.

I'm still adjusting to it but noticing how much better I feel during and after my workout. Based on your article, going to experiment with higher amounts.
Sweet man, keep us posted.

JDreamer

Fueling your workouts properly is key to performing optimally.
Sometimes is difficult to get it right. Either the amount is not enough, or we get gastric upset, or worse, hypoglycemia during the workout. With the right carb source, we can prevent that from happening.

A few benefits of pre-workout carbs are:
  • Increased glucose oxidation during exercise
  • Limited cortisol, noradrenaline and serotonin increase
  • Improved exercise performance
  • Better mood and cognition, etc.
The best pre-workout carbs for athletes for maximal exercise performance » MENELITE

What do you usually use pre-workout and what works best for you?

This is something I really need to clean up regarding my own workout. I've felt all those things and can tell how off one workout is from another.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
This is something I really need to clean up regarding my own workout. I've felt all those things and can tell how off one workout is from another.
For sure. Locking in on the right pre-workout can make a lot of difference.

R J

I think I’m just going to drink cold coca colas. The carbonation feels good during training and it beats messing with a mixed powder out of a shaker bottle.
There’s a video of Louie Simmons drinking orange crush or something like that post workout and it stuck with me

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think I’m just going to drink cold coca colas. The carbonation feels good during training and it beats messing with a mixed powder out of a shaker bottle.
There’s a video of Louie Simmons drinking orange crush or something like that post workout and it stuck with me
Coke is good since it's a 50:50 glucose fructose source which optimizes glucose oxidation and glycogen storage. As a side note, adding protein works synergistically with the carbs.

R J

Coke is good since it's a 50:50 glucose fructose source which optimizes glucose oxidation and glycogen storage. As a side note, adding protein works synergistically with the carbs.

Nice, thanks.

J

jb116

Nice one again Hans.
Sometimes I do coca-cola. I used to tell clients in training, when I had them, my special drink: OJ with teaspoon of baking soda, let it sit a bit to get carbonated then add an extra pinch of thiamin. Anti-fatigue juice.

jzone56

Usually do 8 oz fresh squeezed OJ with 2 tbsp of cane sugar. 1 tsp of calcium carbonate and some Celtic grey sea salt.

Sometimes a big spoonful of raw honey if I’m gonna be doing a ton of volume that day.

My biggest pumps in the gym always come after a solid serving of simple sugars

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Nice one again Hans.
Sometimes I do coca-cola. I used to tell clients in training, when I had them, my special drink: OJ with teaspoon of baking soda, let it sit a bit to get carbonated then add an extra pinch of thiamin. Anti-fatigue juice.
Yeah man, I've also been doing the OJ + BS since a while ago, but it's out of season now, so now I use apple juice.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Usually do 8 oz fresh squeezed OJ with 2 tbsp of cane sugar. 1 tsp of calcium carbonate and some Celtic grey sea salt.

Sometimes a big spoonful of raw honey if I’m gonna be doing a ton of volume that day.

My biggest pumps in the gym always come after a solid serving of simple sugars
Good stuff. Do you ever find that you run out of carbs quickly with just juice/sugar during your workout?

jzone56

Good stuff. Do you ever find that you run out of carbs quickly with just juice/sugar during your workout?
No, i eat breakfast & work out a few hours after lunch So my glycogen stores are still pretty full.

As you mentioned in your article, I use the OJ et. al to top everything off

White rice with salt. You can add honey or sugar or dextrose or juice (as I do; potassium-rich sugar is best), but the former will be the foundation. Bodybuilders have not done for years what does not work.

Inaut

Chocolate milk preworkout :) OJ with bs creatine and dextrose post work out :):)