The Best Organic Eggs Scorecard. Rate Your Eggs!

L

lollipop

Eggs seem to have quite abit of usnaturated fat, even the pasture-raised variety have about 3 grams unsaturated fat per large egg.
Does not concern me for some reason. Eating a balance macros of of more Peat friendly FOOD while minimizing PUFA, eliminating all oils, nuts except sat fats, occasional evoo, eating only occasionally the Thyroid suppressing veggies while well cooked, has seriously rocked my personal health. Extremes have not worked for me.

Having a macro balance in each meal; ie some protein (yes includes muscle meats, maybe 4-6 ounces 4 times a week), fats, carbs made the biggest difference in both my husband's and my health.

omnivoracious

Does not concern me for some reason. Eating a balance macros of of more Peat friendly FOOD while minimizing PUFA, eliminating all oils, nuts except sat fats, occasional evoo, eating only occasionally the Thyroid suppressing veggies while well cooked, has seriously rocked my personal health. Extremes have not worked for me.

Having a macro balance in each meal; ie some protein (yes includes muscle meats, maybe 4-6 ounces 4 times a week), fats, carbs made the biggest difference in both my husband's and my health.
I think I read that Haidut adds cheese to egg dishes to help balance out the SFA and PUFA. I quite like this line of thinking so I add some brie to my daily omelette. Otherwise I totally agree, minimizing PUFA for me is a case of not letting perfect be the enemy of good.

sladerunner69

I think I read that Haidut adds cheese to egg dishes to help balance out the SFA and PUFA. I quite like this line of thinking so I add some brie to my daily omelette. Otherwise I totally agree, minimizing PUFA for me is a case of not letting perfect be the enemy of good.

Brie has about as much fat as butter. Delicious style of cheese but not something I would feel good about eating right now when I am trying to maintain a very low fat diet in order to shed weight. Perhaps if I switched from 1% to skim milk I could afford to eat a little more cheese during the day.

So it "rocked" your health in a BAD way? Could you elaborate on that? What negative results did you see when you tried to go extreme low unsaturated?

L

lollipop

Brie has about as much fat as butter. Delicious style of cheese but not something I would feel good about eating right now when I am trying to maintain a very low fat diet in order to shed weight. Perhaps if I switched from 1% to skim milk I could afford to eat a little more cheese during the day.

So it "rocked" your health in a BAD way? Could you elaborate on that? What negative results did you see when you tried to go extreme low unsaturated?
Not bad @sladerunner69! It helped it sooo much along with healing my liver and gut. Actually I think eating this way helped heal my liver and gut.

Mary Pruter

Your Blue Sky is on the list ;) If you read the link, the different farms go in to detail about how each farm is run, how the "girls" are raised, and how much land they have to run around on.......the best ones let their hens run around on large areas of land, keep them in spacious hen houses and so forth. I love to see happy chickens running around eating bugs and things. They're so cute :D Fyi: I've bought Vital Farms eggs on the list, and they are really good. Bright orangey yellow in color. It only got a 4 egg rating but I think they are great tasting. They sell that brand at Whole Foods.
I buy vital farms, girls on grass, also but I see it has a (1) and is at the bottom of,the list. Is that a ranking, is 1 the best and 5 the worst?