THE BEST Of TIMES, THE WORST Of TIMES

OP
T
A change of scenery sounds like a great idea right now. Can't wait to hear about the trip. I went on a road trip this summer. Love's Truck Stop is like heaven. They sell liquor in the truck stops in Missouri. And there's a bridge I crossed outside Cairo, Kentucky that I'm going to need therapy for. Can't recommend that.
Do you mind if I ask, did you decide against the ayahuasca? I'm just curious b/c I wonder how it compares to psilocybes. I haven't done either of those & I can't barf. But I'm thinking of branching out next summer.:geek:

Road trips are especially therapeutic! But don't you think we need to hear about the bridge in Kentucky?

I want to try the ayahuasca, I just don't want to do it alone (cuz I've never done it before)....and I don't love barfing. And whodathunkit says it's bad for the liver....at least I think that's what she said. I need to go back and give my log a proper read. There's a LOT going on in my head right now and I apologize profusely for not being thorough and up to date with my replies.

Why can't you barf Rafe? (If I might pry....)

My brother had some sort of sphincter surgery many many years ago, that's what the docs did back then to fix chronic acid reflux, he can't barf due to the procedure.

I LOVE MAGIC MUSHROOMS.....tis the Season. I'm long overdue.

OP
T
I would drop my entire bank account to feel heartbroken again. Being completely emotionless

I know what you are saying, but a man, with very low testosterone, and is balding on top of that, is not something good. And the whole I want a girlfriend thing, should really be I want to feel again.

@mayweatherking.....Yes, you're male and much younger than me, so yeah, we're different in many ways. Even so, I still maintain that having a full head of hair will not win you a girlfriend. Like Simonsays stated earlier, lots of bald men have wives and girlfriends....and conversely, there exist plenty of furry dudes with full mops who couldn't get hooked up if their very lives hinged upon it.

I don't know anything about male hormones, but if your testosterone is low or being converted to estrogen that CANNOT be good. Hair loss seems like a secondary issue, a symptom really.

Other differences: my gut issues were much more severe than yours. However, mine started off in the same fashion (chronic constipation) for years until my appendix ruptured. The antibiotics I took for the internal infection destroyed any semblance of balanced gut flora that I may have once possessed. I suffered from chronic debilitating diarrhea and that's why I took the Nystatin.

Were you ever able to get dairy back into your diet again?

I digest dairy just fine. There was a time that I thought it might be causing a problem, but I've deleted it from my diet on three separate occasions (once for 6 months straight) and it never made a difference.

You asked me earlier up thread if there was anything else I did with regards to my high dose Nystatin and I remembered that yes, there is one other thing I did: I abstained from ALL STARCH. I have no idea what your diet is like, but if you suspect fungal/bacterial overgrowth then starch should be zero until you get that resolved. Even though my gut issues have been resolved for close to two years, I still do not eat starch on a daily basis because it causes me BRAIN issues if eaten too many days in a row.

Too much fiber too many days in a row can trigger brain/immune issues as well. I've had to learn through trial and error to "know when to say when".

I'm just curious on exactly what happened with you. So you did the heavy garlic and you did the nystatin, and that is what cleared the endotoxin and fungus in your situation?

I did a BUNCH of stuff: Raw Garlic, high dose Standardized Olive Leaf Extract, Nystatin and eventually Turpentine....technically I took the Turp for brain issues, but what came out of my liver/gallbladder after the turpentine was really amazing and unexpected.

You mentioned emotional flatness and longing to feel heartbreak... Do you notice this emotional pattern after eating certain foods?

Speaking from my own experience (and nothing more), the raw carrot salad is very helpful for estrogen problems, but it did not/could not eradicate my gut infection. I personally needed much stronger anti-microbials.

My opinion is that fungal issues on other areas of your body suggest a really suppressed immune system, probably stemming from your gut....just my two cents tho, I know NOTHING about the immune system.

Seems like brain inflammation could trigger your emotional flatness or inability to feel? I dunno.....I don't know much about brain chemistry. But certainly hormone problems arise from these gut issues.

i'm in a very off state of mind due to high estrogen i think.

What about serotonin? You seem awash in it, but I could be wrong.

@thebigpeatowski hey, can you tell me if you can drink milk now? was it all just a fungal/bacterial issue causing you to unable to digest these things?

I've always been able to drink milk....there was a time when I didn't know what was causing my chronic diarrhea, I thought it may have been milk.
I was wrong.
I often am.

Thx.... seems like she is not in good shape.after reading that post.. that was only a month ago, thought she got her digestion squared away?

My digestion has been fine for close to two years....I'm not sure why you think I'm not in good shape, but I'm sure many would agree with you. :lol:

I am still working on ma Brain and The Big One (remaining emotional baggage Fatherload BS from Hell), but that has nothing to do with my former reigning status as The Diarrhea Queen. :HDD

Incidentally, tomorrow is my father's 78th birthday (something I was dreading). However, the Annual Gala Event was suddenly cancelled this afternoon due to a massive windstorm we're experiencing here in the PNW.......ha, perhaps there IS a God.

*falls to knees in Gratitude and runs to mix a White Russian*

This sudden violent turn in the weather calls for a proper celebration and toast to the Universe.

Also, I had a thyroid ultrasound done on Tuesday this week and a TON of blood drawn yesterday morning. You'll all be pleased and proud, I didn't even break a sweat. So all of the mandatory tests are completed (minus the bone scan cuz I'm refusing that due to radiation). One more reason to celebrate....CHEERS!!!

Waiting for results.

OP
T
I concur - the odds are much better now. :)
Got a bucket of hot water or woolley slippers for the frozen feet?
A big hanky for the sweat and tears?
Someone to give you a hug if you want one when you're done?
Breath out and hold now and then if the breathing speeds up too much?

Yep, did all this. Thanks tara.......hugs all around!:grouphug

Orion

eventually Turpentine....technically I took the Turp for brain issues, but what came out of my liver/gallbladder after the turpentine was really amazing and unexpected.

I have turp on the way, what amount did you dose, every day? general guidelines for experimenting? Thanks!

@mayweatherking.....Yes, you're male and much younger than me, so yeah, we're different in many ways. Even so, I still maintain that having a full head of hair will not win you a girlfriend. Like Simonsays stated earlier, lots of bald men have wives and girlfriends....and conversely, there exist plenty of furry dudes with full mops who couldn't get hooked up if their very lives hinged upon it.

I don't know anything about male hormones, but if your testosterone is low or being converted to estrogen that CANNOT be good. Hair loss seems like a secondary issue, a symptom really.

Other differences: my gut issues were much more severe than yours. However, mine started off in the same fashion (chronic constipation) for years until my appendix ruptured. The antibiotics I took for the internal infection destroyed any semblance of balanced gut flora that I may have once possessed. I suffered from chronic debilitating diarrhea and that's why I took the Nystatin.

I digest dairy just fine. There was a time that I thought it might be causing a problem, but I've deleted it from my diet on three separate occasions (once for 6 months straight) and it never made a difference.

You asked me earlier up thread if there was anything else I did with regards to my high dose Nystatin and I remembered that yes, there is one other thing I did: I abstained from ALL STARCH. I have no idea what your diet is like, but if you suspect fungal/bacterial overgrowth then starch should be zero until you get that resolved. Even though my gut issues have been resolved for close to two years, I still do not eat starch on a daily basis because it causes me BRAIN issues if eaten too many days in a row.

Too much fiber too many days in a row can trigger brain/immune issues as well. I've had to learn through trial and error to "know when to say when".

I did a BUNCH of stuff: Raw Garlic, high dose Standardized Olive Leaf Extract, Nystatin and eventually Turpentine....technically I took the Turp for brain issues, but what came out of my liver/gallbladder after the turpentine was really amazing and unexpected.

You mentioned emotional flatness and longing to feel heartbreak... Do you notice this emotional pattern after eating certain foods?

Speaking from my own experience (and nothing more), the raw carrot salad is very helpful for estrogen problems, but it did not/could not eradicate my gut infection. I personally needed much stronger anti-microbials.

My opinion is that fungal issues on other areas of your body suggest a really suppressed immune system, probably stemming from your gut....just my two cents tho, I know NOTHING about the immune system.

Seems like brain inflammation could trigger your emotional flatness or inability to feel? I dunno.....I don't know much about brain chemistry. But certainly hormone problems arise from these gut issues.

What about serotonin? You seem awash in it, but I could be wrong.

I've always been able to drink milk....there was a time when I didn't know what was causing my chronic diarrhea, I thought it may have been milk.
I was wrong.
I often am.

My digestion has been fine for close to two years....I'm not sure why you think I'm not in good shape, but I'm sure many would agree with you. :lol:

I am still working on ma Brain and The Big One (remaining emotional baggage Fatherload BS from Hell), but that has nothing to do with my former reigning status as The Diarrhea Queen. :HDD

Incidentally, tomorrow is my father's 78th birthday (something I was dreading). However, the Annual Gala Event was suddenly cancelled this afternoon due to a massive windstorm we're experiencing here in the PNW.......ha, perhaps there IS a God.

*falls to knees in Gratitude and runs to mix a White Russian*

This sudden violent turn in the weather calls for a proper celebration and toast to the Universe.

Also, I had a thyroid ultrasound done on Tuesday this week and a TON of blood drawn yesterday morning. You'll all be pleased and proud, I didn't even break a sweat. So all of the mandatory tests are completed (minus the bone scan cuz I'm refusing that due to radiation). One more reason to celebrate....CHEERS!!!

Waiting for results.

nice mega post :D ... love it, love you... so why are you getting an ultra sound down, what is wrong? it sounds like you are ready afte rdoing all that nystatin?

i can tell you i think i know the problem. anytime my blood sugar spikes above a certain level, i start getting pro estrogen symptoms and my hair starts to get itchy and fall out from stress, stress as in too high blood sugar unable to be handled by my body. i don't know the root cause. the milk causes a big blood sugar spike and i think the stress from it causes constipation for me. i'm not sure what the issue is with it. could be fungus, maybe not enough magnesium/calcium, maybe hypothyroidism in general? kind of annoying. my plan is to avoid milk and use egg shell calcium, then boost calcium through egg shell and get enough magnesium, get body enough to feel good, then maybe i will be back along with nystatin ? i'm not sure if it will work.

i think that said unable to handle blood sugar issue is causing fungal issues as well, but again not sure of the root cuase exactly.

how much nystatin were doing, like what was your dose ?

if i kept my hair.. man i would be such a little player and have a libido, damn, i would be catching up on like 10 years of missing out of not wanting any sex in anyway shape or form.. i would probably fall in love pretty quick, i'm feeling feels for one of my co workers these days, its nice feeling progesterone. :)

Last edited:
OP
T
I have turp on the way, what amount did you dose, every day? general guidelines for experimenting? Thanks!

Hi Orion....I took one teaspoon for a dose. I did various experiments: comparing things like taking it on an empty stomach vs. with fatty food, morning dose vs. evening dose and taking it plain (neat, no sugar).

I was not able to take it more often than twice a week because it made me feel positively awful....I wrote about all this somewhere, on Peata's weight loss thread, I think.

Orion

Hi Orion....I took one teaspoon for a dose. I did various experiments: comparing things like taking it on an empty stomach vs. with fatty food, morning dose vs. evening dose and taking it plain (neat, no sugar).

I was not able to take it more often than twice a week because it made me feel positively awful....I wrote about all this somewhere, on Peata's weight loss thread, I think.

Thanks I will go dig through those posts.

OP
T
so why are you getting an ultra sound down, what is wrong? it sounds like you are ready afte rdoing all that nystatin?

Apparently you have not read my previous mega posts...I don't blame you though, so much blathering:spitoutdummy:.

I got the thyroid ultrasound done because I am being forced to jump through hoops, like a trained poodle at the circus. My endocrinologist is a douchebag and he won't give me any T3 until I comply with all of his wishes. He thinks I've somehow done myself grave harm by using illicit Mexican thyroid drugs during the years that I had no health insurance.

I've been on no thyroid meds for several months now, it was fine during the summer. Everything was holding steady, although I had experienced what felt like my thyroid swelling. Now that the days are shorter and the weather is colder and raining sideways, I'm beginning to have more overt symptoms of hypothyroidism. I'm tracking EVERYTHING religiously on Cron-OCD, cuz that's what I do.

My temps are starting to slip, this morning I woke up at 97.5 instead of my usual 98.

My cholesterol has gone up.

My pulse is always sorta low, but getting lower...waking is now 58 and I'm lucky to see 70.

Last edited:
OP
T
The 4fs of trauma defense. (Fight, Flight (keeping busy at all times, running away), Freeze (disassociation ,procrastination, inertia) Fawn)

It sounds like you are heading for a form of confrontation with your father. I wish you all the best with this.

Remember if youre trying to get him to say sorry or get some validation, he might never will and this could make you feel worse . (my father being NPD, i know m just wasting my time. I sometimes think he wasnt there , when i was growing up, well he wasnt emotionally, except to enable the abuser)

IF YOURE GOING TO LET HIM HAVE IT, well lets hope its really cathartic for you and it works out and lays a few ghosts once and for all.

If you are forgiving him , well thats to your enormous credit, if you truly can....

BUT YOU SHOULD AVOID TOXIC PEOPLE AT ALL TIMES, they reawaken your trauma.

Geez @Simonsays.....I sound like a text book case of PTSD. I guess I thought that was reserved for combat vets and soldiers.

I gave up on all apologies from my father three years ago. There will be no confrontation, he is too toxic. People like him and his abusive father before him, (yeah it's multi-generational) as well as my ex-husband are unable...utterly incapable of feeling empathy.

I will never ever condone what happened to me, but I needed to get the poison out. He can't reawaken my trauma, it has no more power over me.

I've managed to put off dealing with this trauma for several decades, kinda wished I'd dumped it sooner....but before I go down the sadistic path of beating myself up for my procrastination I remind myself that I am still very much still that innocent child. I realize I need to not be so hard on myself. I need to stop the self torture for every mistake I make.

I asked the Universe why sh*t like this happens to innocent children. That's a really HARD question to ask because it just shouldn't be. I still don't have all the answers.

The only answer that I have so far is that it has made me who I am, sick as that is.

Do perfectionistic tendencies stem from trauma? I'm good at a lot of things. I'm especially skilled in the areas of Denial, Procrastination and Self-Flagellation, which is not particularly handy on a resume. But nonetheless, it's all I have.....but I happen to like who I am. I know that I'm a good person and a great mom.

I stopped generational abuse.

And that's ALL that matters.

OP
T
I hesitate to suggest something that will give you another way to procrastinate, but have you ever heard of EFT (aka Tapping)?

Hi denise...yes I've done tapping. I bought Mercola's EFT DVD's many years ago. I found it useful for busting out of intrusive/repetitious thought patterns. For instance I would worry excessively (over and over) that my kids were gonna get in a gruesome car accident when I was teaching them how to drive, really craaaazy making thoughts.

I never used EFT for this particular issue mostly because I could not face it at the time, I was already overwhelmed with life/single parenthood etc.

moss

I happen to like who I am. I know that I'm a good person and a great mom.

I stopped generational abuse.

And that's ALL that matters.

The love you feed your children's self-esteem powerfully boosts their capacity to resist destructive peer pressure. :thumbup

Perfectionist tendencies may arise from finding what's wrong in a situation, rather than what's right? This is not surprising coming from a challenging childhood and the negative self-talk can start early and yet, it doesn't need to continue unless it serves a purpose...

It may be stormy weather you are currently going through, rather than running from it and as hideous as it may be, going through the eye of it you will be the better for it. I hope you have some good support around you and as know you have plenty here. :)

denise

Do you mind if I ask, did you decide against the ayahuasca? I'm just curious b/c I wonder how it compares to psilocybes. I haven't done either of those & I can't barf. But I'm thinking of branching out next summer.:geek:
Ayahuasca (from all I've read) is far more intense and lasts much longer. And you're almost guaranteed both to puke (unless you can't...) and to have a level 5 trip (i.e., ego death). Some people get nauseated with shrooms, but I don't think it's common to actually throw up. You can make a tea with them (throwing out the solids) to help prevent nausea.

My first experience with shrooms (with just 14 g fresh, added to my soup right before I ate it) was good. I took some digestive enzymes with it, which may or may not have had anything to do with the fact that I felt no stomach upset at all (or maybe it's just because it was only a small amount). I'm looking forward to future experiments with higher amounts.

I never used EFT for this particular issue mostly because I could not face it at the time, I was already overwhelmed with life/single parenthood etc.
There's a specific technique called the Tearless Trauma Technique that might be good for your father stuff. Basically you think of a specific terrible event (only in the vaguest sense--don't start reliving it!) and then put it into a mental "box"--basically you're dissociating, here--and then you make a guess about how bad you'd feel (on a scale of 1-10) if you did think about it. The key is that you don't actually think about it--you just guess. Then you do your tapping, and then guess again. You keep doing this until you guess that the intensity would be pretty low (like a 3 or lower), and then you mentally take it out of the box and really start looking at it to see what parts are still bothersome. Then you keep tapping until it's gone. After that, you move on to the next really traumatic event and do the same thing. Ideally, if you did enough of these, the rest would just sort of melt away on their own. Anyway, it's a good technique for the really tough stuff.

Oh, and congrats on the terrible weather canceling the dreaded birthday party! I hope you enjoyed your White Russian(s).

Did you decide against just using haidut's Tyronene (so you can avoid the douchebag endo)?

Simonsays

@thebigpeatowski its actually Complex-PTSD , which is trauma in childhood which we carry round with us in adulthood,as opposed to war vets etc and PSTD

Most are running on adrenaline ever since as a result of the stress from the trauma. We cope we dont thrive. It f***s up our bodies physically as many on this forum are aware of , but do they know its a result of trauma. I think its much much more common than people think.

I joined up the dots and it all started to make sense. Dissociation is a big factor (ie tendency to daydream/procrastinate/over think/fantasise) . It takes us away from our true feelings.

You mentioned perfectionism, this is classic C-PTSD. Its an attempt to gain safety and support in a dangerous family. Its self persecutory.

There is forum for this and another member on here is a member. Out of the Storm.

Also check out http://pete-walker.com/fAQsComplexPTSD.html

Keep posting and Good luck

OP
T
The love you feed your children's self-esteem powerfully boosts their capacity to resist destructive peer pressure

Hi moss....:yeahthat This ought to be mandatory teaching, preferably BEFORE conception.

Fortunately my kids never gave me any trouble at all, none. I had friends that went through absolute HELL with their teens, drug addiction, incarceration, pregnancies etc. At first I figured it was simply a Miracle that my boys turned out okay. I mean considering the situation: single parent, super poor, crazy stressed out mom etc.

Then I assumed somehow the Universe must have simply been protecting me and my family (more of my magical thinking), knowing I would not be able to handle any more stress.

As I watched everyone's children grow in to adulthood I saw a DEFINITE pattern emerge. Many (most) of the super religious heavy handed (oppressive/judgmental) parents had rebellious unhappy kids...and worse.

However, the laid back liberal parents spawned stellar achievers. These parents adopted a very relaxed laissez-faire attitude combined with absolute admiration and unconditional love and support. What a beautiful thing to witness.

My first Ex (my sons' father...aka Sperm Donor) is of the former camp, a hard core Bible thumping fundamentalist. He truly believes "If you spare the rod, you spoil the child." He spanked my oldest son so violently (while sitting on him) that he left bruises on his behind. He was sassing his dad, talking back.....obviously this child takes after me, lol. I think he was all of six years old.

I still feel enormous guilt for not leaving sooner.

I have a hard time understanding parents who don't value their children as infinitely precious and vulnerable. In my own father's case, I believe he is so damaged by his father's abuse that he's not able to experience true bonding...I dunno. I'm just guessing. I'm reluctant to say this damage is permanent, because I do believe people can change. But at 78 it's too late in the game for him to change. His father went to his grave as an unyielding critical abusive assh*le. Oh well.

I'm trying to understand, but I just don't get it.

I love my kids more than anything in the whole wide world, they mean more to me than I'll ever be able to express in words.

I mistakenly assumed that all parents share this universal bond. Realizing this is NOT SO was a major blow to my world view.
I mean, why bother procreating at all?

Oh yeah, I was a "mistake".....An accident, conceived during a one night stand. How inconvenient.

Sh*t Happens.

Childhood trauma is double sh*tty......really sorry to vomit on all of you precious peeps, but I feel soooooooo much better now.

Early life adversity in piglets induces long-term upregulation of the enteric cholinergic nervous system and heightened, sex-specific secretomotor ... - PubMed - NCBI

Simonsays

I have a hard time understanding parents who don't value their children as infinitely precious and vulnerable. In my own father's case, I believe he is so damaged by his father's abuse that he's not able to experience true bonding...I dunno. I'm just guessing. I'm reluctant to say this damage is permanent, because I do believe people can change. But at 78 it's too late in the game for him to change. His father went to his grave as an unyielding critical abusive assh*le. Oh well.

I'm trying to understand, but I just don't get it.

I love my kids more than anything in the whole wide world, they mean more to me than I'll ever be able to express in words.

I mistakenly assumed that all parents share this universal bond. Realizing this is NOT SO was a major blow to my world view.
I mean, why bother procreating at all?

Yep on the money.

ALL PARENTS WILL TELL YOU THEY LOVE THEIR KIDS. BUT WHAT IS LOVE? SOME CANT EVEN SAY IT. SOME SAY IT AND CANT BACK IT UP WITH THEIR ACTIONS.

Is it unconditional love or conditional?

Youre an innocent child . Ill show you love, if youre good in my opinion (that can change with my moods like the weather , which you must mind read by the way), dont upset me, dont answer back, do as your told, respect me, be grateful for being born, dont show emotions that i am uncomfortable with, agree with me regardless , if i chastise you or belittle or punish you, ignore you, in any way, its all your fault you deserved it, i dont have to apologise for my actions no matter how bad, but you do for yours, and so it goes on.........then ill show you a sort of distorted love.

So many children grow up in atmosphere of conditional love and their emotional needs are subjugated to their parents emotional needs, as were they when they were children and so it goes down through the generations until someone breaks the chain!

Looks like you had real insight and broke the chain.

But youre right some are so irreparably damaged that to change or challenge their superego ( the punitive parents voice they carry with them) and their belief systems, would trigger an emotional collapse. Better to keep blaming the victim.

Youll know if you were a good enough (no ones perfect) mother or not, as your children will genuinely be happy to see you and not because they feel they have to out of duty or guilt.

Go TheBigPeat!! :D:extinguishflame:freedom:dancenanner

InChristAlone

Wow, y'all are going to make me cry! All this talk on unconditional love makes me so warm and at peace. I love it all! So glad you broke the chain of abuse BigP! :grouphug

Apparently you have not read my previous mega posts...I don't blame you though, so much blathering:spitoutdummy:.

I got the thyroid ultrasound done because I am being forced to jump through hoops, like a trained poodle at the circus. My endocrinologist is a douchebag and he won't give me any T3 until I comply with all of his wishes. He thinks I've somehow done myself grave harm by using illicit Mexican thyroid drugs during the years that I had no health insurance.

I've been on no thyroid meds for several months now, it was fine during the summer. Everything was holding steady, although I had experienced what felt like my thyroid swelling. Now that the days are shorter and the weather is colder and raining sideways, I'm beginning to have more overt symptoms of hypothyroidism. I'm tracking EVERYTHING religiously on Cron-OCD, cuz that's what I do.

My temps are starting to slip, this morning I woke up at 97.5 instead of my usual 98.

My cholesterol has gone up.

My pulse is always sorta low, but getting lower...waking is now 58 and I'm lucky to see 70.

i see.. i'm very sorry i wasn't paying attention as well as i should have, you have been a great help to me so far. i wish you luck with that. i do really wish we could all figure out our problems.

moss

Childhood trauma is double sh*tty......really sorry to vomit on all of you precious peeps, but I feel soooooooo much better now.

Early life adversity in piglets induces long-term upregulation of the enteric cholinergic nervous system and heightened, sex-specific secretomotor ... - PubMed - NCBI

Apologies if I triggered something - glad you felt better for barfing it out.
Some of what you wrote above is close to home for me and so I can empathise somewhat FWIW.

Yesterday I happened to go to a pig farm (no kidding). I did a farm tour for a couple of hours around some magnificent country and the owners (small family owner operated) are passionate farmers who are into regenerative agriculture, no spraying, ethical animal production and fertilise their soil with rich manure and grass to recover and regrow. They are the most amazing healthy-looking pigs and piglets. The owner said very rarely do they have any problems with gut issues and the use of antibiotics is rare on their farm and no wonder in such a nurturing, supportive and healthy environment.