The best exercise and longevity booster supplement

Hans

Forum Supporter
This is by far one of my favorite supps.

L_C

Why is it that my ligaments get worse while taking even small dose of pyrucet?

Beastmode

Good one!

Any good brands you suggest?

I'll have to try it on some workouts for contrast.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
As in joint pain? I don't know. As far as I know, it doesn't lower estrogen and it's anti-inflammatory, which should help against pain. One potential explanation is that when your joints are inflamed, there is more water there acting kind of like a buffer. So when you reduce inflammation, water go down and then the pressure and contact in the joint is more intense, causing more pain.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good one!

Any good brands you suggest?

I'll have to try it on some workouts for contrast.
I'm using the Bulksupplements one and works great for me. Good price for bulk.

firebreather

@Hans how do you take Pyrucet? I have some but like most supplements I feel nothing from it. I think I've rubbed it into my wrists if I remember right

Cloudhands

its a great calcium supplement as well for people who dont tolerate dairy so much!

shine

How much calcium do you get from your 10g dose? The product label says 300mg per 2000mg so it should be 1500mg calcium per 10g dose, correct? Sounds like a lot on top of dietary calcium.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
What do you mean by your ligaments get worse? I have been using Idealabs pyrucet, 3 drops/day and I have developed some knee ligament problems. I thought they were due to overstretching but now I wonder.

L_C

What do you mean by your ligaments get worse? I have been using Idealabs pyrucet, 3 drops/day and I have developed some knee ligament problems. I thought they were due to overstretching but now I wonder.
Hm, so I am not alone. I feel like pyrucet is messing with my digestion and as a consequence it's deteriorating my ligaments.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Hm, so I am not alone. I feel like pyrucet is messing with my digestion and as a consequence it's deteriorating my ligaments.
In the pyrucet post, haidut mentions that it can solve constipation problems for people. I have not found that to be the case for me. So maybe it is causing some digestion problems. I will lay off it for now and see if the knee problem clears up. I am glad you brought this up.

Cloudhands

ive found that calcium pyruvate helps my digestion, but i think its the calcium that does so

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans how do you take Pyrucet? I have some but like most supplements I feel nothing from it. I think I've rubbed it into my wrists if I remember right
I just take 12-13 drops orally. I feel a good mild effect from that.

ww3not4me

Pyruvate did not impress me in the 1988's along with Taurine, Boron and Vanadyl Sulfate even in very very large amounts.

Now that I am almost 49 maybe I might notice a difference but we were taking a lot of the above. In fact the star at this time was creatine monohydrate but that did not take off big until a few years latter around 1990 1991 ish. Creatine actual delivered on what it promised.

Vanadyl Sulfate worked well in large amount which is why it was pulled by FDA. I think we were taking 100mg 3x a day back in the day. Then some idiots made claims that it was toxic and some forms are but not the organic compounds people were taking. Now the doses you can buy are like 5mg and 10mg.

To this day you still run into people that think Creatine in bad for you.

I started martial arts and soccer in 1979 and started lifting weights and running in 1982. I was into bodybuilding and power lifting as well as high school and college sports. I have never seen anyone get anything performance wise from supplemental pyruvate! Last I checked no well run study has ever found any performance enhancement from taking it even at 1000g per day! Maybe if you are taking some other performance enhancing drug you might see a positive effect from it or if in a disease state maybe.

I know nothing about PYRUCET that might be great stuff.

Generally tweaking the Kreb Cylce with drugs that directly affect that process or drugs that affect gene transcription make far more sense if you actually want to see significant results. Baring genetic disorders trying to dump more raw ingredients into the mix when no shortage exists seldom produces results. This is why world class athletes get busted for steroids and other pharmaceuticals and no one get's busted for pyruvate, creatine and Thiamine.

Again I have not tried Pyrucet it might be be great stuff I know nothing about it but pyruvate by itself is in my opinion a waste of money. If your body has need of and is making ketones you should not be low on pyruvate.

Outside of genetic disease or starvation to the exhaustion of fat has anyone been diagnosed with a defeincency of pyruvate?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Pyruvate did not impress me in the 1988's along with Taurine, Boron and Vanadyl Sulfate even in very very large amounts.

Now that I am almost 49 maybe I might notice a difference but we were taking a lot of the above. In fact the star at this time was creatine monohydrate but that did not take off big until a few years latter around 1990 1991 ish. Creatine actual delivered on what it promised.

Vanadyl Sulfate worked well in large amount which is why it was pulled by FDA. I think we were taking 100mg 3x a day back in the day. Then some idiots made claims that it was toxic and some forms are but not the organic compounds people were taking. Now the doses you can buy are like 5mg and 10mg.

To this day you still run into people that think Creatine in bad for you.

I started martial arts and soccer in 1979 and started lifting weights and running in 1982. I was into bodybuilding and power lifting as well as high school and college sports. I have never seen anyone get anything performance wise from supplemental pyruvate! Last I checked no well run study has ever found any performance enhancement from taking it even at 1000g per day! Maybe if you are taking some other performance enhancing drug you might see a positive effect from it or if in a disease state maybe.

I know nothing about PYRUCET that might be great stuff.

Generally tweaking the Kreb Cylce with drugs that directly affect that process or drugs that affect gene transcription make far more sense if you actually want to see significant results. Baring genetic disorders trying to dump more raw ingredients into the mix when no shortage exists seldom produces results. This is why world class athletes get busted for steroids and other pharmaceuticals and no one get's busted for pyruvate, creatine and Thiamine.

Again I have not tried Pyrucet it might be be great stuff I know nothing about it but pyruvate by itself is in my opinion a waste of money. If your body has need of and is making ketones you should not be low on pyruvate.

Outside of genetic disease or starvation to the exhaustion of fat has anyone been diagnosed with a defeincency of pyruvate?
Yes most studies I've seen have not found benefits on endurance and the doses were usually around 6g. In the study I discussed, they did sprints, so more creatine phosphate and glycolysis based. In that regard, it helps a lot due to mild buffering, enhanced ATP production, creatine phosphate regeneration. So it's much more likely to help with explosive based exercises with short rest, for example crossfit.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter

An investigation of the abnormal metabolic status of synovial fluid from patients with rheumatoid arthritis by high field proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy​

Maybe my knee and shoulders were not receiving enough energy due to the reduced lipids caused by the pyrucet and that caused the weakness and pain.

L_C

An investigation of the abnormal metabolic status of synovial fluid from patients with rheumatoid arthritis by high field proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy​

Maybe my knee and shoulders were not receiving enough energy due to the reduced lipids caused by the pyrucet and that caused the weakness and pain.
Hm, so how would you correct that while taking pyrucet?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I took pyrucet for 8 months at 1 to 3 drops topically at first and then orally. The shoulder pain finally went away after several months but they still feel weak. The knee has gotten better in just two days of not using it. I eat a low fat diet. I don’t know what to think about it since it doesn’t seem to be a problem for most people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals