The Answer To Low Covid Deaths In Taiwan Etc - Tea And Zinc?

I've started to ask why the deaths/million population of different countries vary so much. From www.worldmeter.info I get a sampling of countries and these are what I got:

East Asia/Southeast Asia:
Singapore 5
Taiwan 0.3
S. Korea 6
Japan 0 8
Vietnam 0.1
Laos 0
Cambodia 0
Myanmar 0.1
Thailand 0.8
Malaysia 4
Indonesia 21
Philippines 21
Hongkong 7

The sick men of EastAsia/Southeast Asia are the Philippines and Indonesia, both at 21. The healthiest are Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Thailand (where deaths/M < 1).

Western Europe/North America/Oceania/Australia:

New Zealand 4
Australia 12
UK 686
Canada 238
US 500
Switzerland 229
Germany 110
France 464
Italy 582
Spain 610
Netherlands 359
Sweden 570
Finland 60
Denmark 106
Norway 47

The sick man here is the UK at 686, while the healthiest is New Zealand.

Now, I'm not drilling down more than what the stats say, and using these stats as basis. Some of these numbers may be cooked, but I have no control over them. What these data suggest is that East Asia/Southeast Asia is doing much better than the sampling of Western countries as a whole, in terms of deaths due to COVID-19.

What could explain this? If I were allowed to speculate, I'd say that given what we know about the US COVID death numbers to be blatantly inflated, there is a good possibility that the same puffery is involved in all the Western countries - given the hold big pharma has in these countries. It is possible that the state of puffery may not exist in some Asian countries that are not so influenced by big pharma, and that could explain the wide discrepancy. Still, even allowing for adjustments, the number of deaths in Western countries are still very high, with the exception of Norway, Finland, Australia, and New Zealand.

This Sunday I came across this article, and I may have found the answer:

More Evidence that Green Tea + Zinc Might Be Able to Help Fight Covid | Zero Hedge | Zero Hedge

Correlation is obviously not causation. But as discussed below, there is some evidence that these Asian countries' green tea consumption may be part of what is helping to prevent higher mortality (as it may also be doing with cancer and heart disease).

So, why not start with the habit of drinking tea? And eat foods rich in zinc (or supplement). The FDA cannot ban tea, can it?

Living in the Philippines, which has the highest death rate in East Asia/Southeast Asia, I can tell you that we don't drink tea as a habit either. Even the Chinese here don't drink hot tea. This may explain why we have the highest rate. Still, it isn't as bad as it is in Western Europe. That said, it still isn't over yet.

interesting. You are located in the phillipines, can you estimate how high the intake of meat and fish and cheese is between classes of income? How much Animal Protein? Do the poor also have access to Animalproduce, out of availability or cultural habit, or is Animal consumption financially 'gated'. For Asia, Mongolia seems to fare exceptionally well, and due to soil and weather conditions, they seem to eat a lot of meat and cheese.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom