The Answer To Low Covid Deaths In Taiwan Etc - Tea And Zinc?

yerrag

I've started to ask why the deaths/million population of different countries vary so much. From www.worldmeter.info I get a sampling of countries and these are what I got:

East Asia/Southeast Asia:
Singapore 5
Taiwan 0.3
S. Korea 6
Japan 0 8
Vietnam 0.1
Laos 0
Cambodia 0
Myanmar 0.1
Thailand 0.8
Malaysia 4
Indonesia 21
Philippines 21
Hongkong 7

The sick men of EastAsia/Southeast Asia are the Philippines and Indonesia, both at 21. The healthiest are Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Thailand (where deaths/M < 1).

Western Europe/North America/Oceania/Australia:

New Zealand 4
Australia 12
UK 686
Canada 238
US 500
Switzerland 229
Germany 110
France 464
Italy 582
Spain 610
Netherlands 359
Sweden 570
Finland 60
Denmark 106
Norway 47

The sick man here is the UK at 686, while the healthiest is New Zealand.

Now, I'm not drilling down more than what the stats say, and using these stats as basis. Some of these numbers may be cooked, but I have no control over them. What these data suggest is that East Asia/Southeast Asia is doing much better than the sampling of Western countries as a whole, in terms of deaths due to COVID-19.

What could explain this? If I were allowed to speculate, I'd say that given what we know about the US COVID death numbers to be blatantly inflated, there is a good possibility that the same puffery is involved in all the Western countries - given the hold big pharma has in these countries. It is possible that the state of puffery may not exist in some Asian countries that are not so influenced by big pharma, and that could explain the wide discrepancy. Still, even allowing for adjustments, the number of deaths in Western countries are still very high, with the exception of Norway, Finland, Australia, and New Zealand.

This Sunday I came across this article, and I may have found the answer:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-08-08/green-tea-zinc

Correlation is obviously not causation. But as discussed below, there is some evidence that these Asian countries' green tea consumption may be part of what is helping to prevent higher mortality (as it may also be doing with cancer and heart disease).

So, why not start with the habit of drinking tea? And eat foods rich in zinc (or supplement). The FDA cannot ban tea, can it?

Living in the Philippines, which has the highest death rate in East Asia/Southeast Asia, I can tell you that we don't drink tea as a habit either. Even the Chinese here don't drink hot tea. This may explain why we have the highest rate. Still, it isn't as bad as it is in Western Europe. That said, it still isn't over yet.

Maljam

All the countries are measuring their coronavirus deaths differently. UK registers that anyone that dies with coronavirus in their body, it is attributed to coronavirus. Other countries measure if coronavirus has been the cause of death, it is classed as coronavirus. Also there are questions from many people about the accuracy of the numbers coming from China. It seems almost impossible to work out a factor between countries based on deaths alone.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

All the countries are measuring their coronavirus deaths differently. UK registers that anyone that dies with coronavirus in their body, it is attributed to coronavirus. Other countries measure if coronavirus has been the cause of death, it is classed as coronavirus. Also there are questions from many people about the accuracy of the numbers coming from China. It seems almost impossible to work out a factor between countries based on deaths alone.

That's the state of affairs, but it doesn't mean the high death rates in Western countries have no meaning. Neither does it mean the low death rates in Asia mean nothing.

You can still make sense of something that has been manipulated. You shouldn't give up just because data is imperfect.

And China is excluded, if you haven't noticed.

Maljam

That's the state of affairs, but it doesn't mean the high death rates in Western countries have no meaning. Neither does it mean the low death rates in Asia mean nothing.

You can still make sense of something that has been manipulated. You shouldn't give up just because data is imperfect.

Do you know the extent of manipulation that each individual country has done with their figures? Its like being the head of a study where you ask all the participants their diet one food at a time, but they are all lying and can hear what all the others are telling you, and their reputations depends on how "healthy" their diet is.

There are also too many factors involved to definitively say one countries levels are because of X food, average age of the population (older populations have more deaths) pollution, obesity levels, how the deaths are calculated, when lockdown measures were introduced, if countries citizens wear masks normally.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Do you know the extent of manipulation that each individual country has done with their figures? Its like being the head of a study where you ask all the participants their diet one food at a time, but they are all lying and can hear what all the others are telling you, and their reputations depends on how "healthy" their diet is.
Did you read the link? This thread isn't about data manipulation. For that, make your own thread!!

Maljam

Did you read the link? This thread isn't about data manipulation. For that, make your own thread!!

Yes I did and it doesnt make sense. It clutches at many different straws and runs with them.

"However, the authors note:

EGCG is unstable and when consumed orally has low bioavailability.

In other words, EGCG cannot easily be transported into your cells by itself."

So then they go back and say it's the theanine in tea that does it. But the UK has one of the highest consumptions of black tea in the world, but according to your figures it has one of the highest death rates, so there goes your theory.

Then they go and talk about zinc, what about the drastically higher red meat consumption of the western world? Is that zinc not included in the discussion or can we only talk about green tea? The problem is when you start with manipulated figures, the discussion always has to go back to manipulated figures. How do you expect people to have a discussion about anything else? Were you just wanting people to agree with you or have a discussion?

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

@Matjam READ THE TITLE Do you see the last word in it?

And stop being so anal. This isn't about manipulated figures. Wipe that booger off your eyes and just say " 21 is much much lower than 686". In fact 1/30 of it at least, data manipulation or not.

And thank you for at least discussing something of relevance here. You make a good point about UK being tea drinkers. May I ask you how many tea houses there are in UK in comparison to Taiwan, for example? Do people wake up to tea there? Do people have tea with lunch and dinner there? Or is tea just drank at teatime with the queen?

Maljam

@Matjam READ THE TITLE Do you see the last word in it?

And stop being so anal. This isn't about manipulated figures. Wipe that booger off your eyes and just say " 21 is much much lower than 686". In fact 1/30 of it at least, data manipulation or not.

And thank you for at least discussing something of relevance here. You make a good point about UK being tea drinkers. May I ask you how many tea houses there are in UK in comparison to Taiwan, for example? Do people wake up to tea there? Do people have tea with lunch and dinner there? Or is tea just drank at teatime with the queen?

How come you are getting so emotional about green tea and coronavirus?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

How come you are getting so emotional about green tea and coronavirus?
Ask yourself why. You're being a troll.

You like to discuss things that don't matter. Don't you? Like data manipulation. Surely you can see how even in an election the candidate that gets 21 votes doesn't cry "cheating" when his opponent has 686 votes, do you?

You like to misrepresent me saying I excluded zinc from the discussion. Did I just remind you to read the title again? And did you?

You must spend your day picking fights.

Maljam

Ask yourself why. You're being a troll.

You like to discuss things that don't matter. Don't you? Like data manipulation. Surely you can see how even in an election the candidate that gets 21 votes doesn't cry "cheating" when his opponent has 686 votes, do you?

You like to misrepresent me saying I excluded zinc from the discussion. Did I just remind you to read the title again? And did you?

You must spend your day picking fights.

But in an election 1 vote is 1 vote, with coronavirus deaths, some countries measure deaths with coronavirus, other countries measure deaths because of coronavirus, but both add figures to the countries total despite being drastically different. All the countries have a leaderboard for deaths, but the way they count them up is different. It is two entirely different concepts.

Also that's the whole point of data manipulation, 686 deaths with coronavirus could be 21 deaths from coronavirus but we can never know. This is pretty much what most of the discussion on the forum, and Peat has been saying, since it all began.

I don't understand why you would post a theory on a public forum and they get so upset when someone questioned it? I really haven't said anything that bad.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

There are also too many factors involved to definitively say one countries levels are because of X food, average age of the population (older populations have more deaths) pollution, obesity levels, how the deaths are calculated, when lockdown measures were introduced, if countries citizens wear masks normally.
I missed this one. So what you're trying to say here is what? You can't make any reasonable conclusion because there are just too many variables? So because of that reasoning, you can't at least give it a try? Don't people know how to deduce from data and try to see if there's a pattern or a correlation? Don't scientists do that? Even sleuths do that.

Maljam

I missed this one. So what you're trying to say here is what? You can't make any reasonable conclusion because there are just too many variables? So because of that reasoning, you can't at least give it a try? Don't people know how to deduce from data and try to see if there's a pattern or a correlation? Don't scientists do that? Even sleuths do that.

I dont think one single food or drink item is the sole reason behind a countries deaths per million from coronavirus.

There are too many political influences, data manipulation and misrepresentation, and other factors involved.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

But in an election 1 vote is 1 vote, with coronavirus deaths, some countries measure deaths with coronavirus, other countries measure deaths because of coronavirus, but both add figures to the countries total despite being drastically different. All the countries have a leaderboard for deaths, but the way they count them up is different. It is two entirely different concepts.

Also that's the whole point of data manipulation, 686 deaths with coronavirus could be 21 deaths from coronavirus but we can never know. This is pretty much what most of the discussion on the forum, and Peat has been saying, since it all began.

I don't understand why you would post a theory on a public forum and they get so upset when someone questioned it? I really haven't said anything that bad.

You would think you have a good case. With you, nothing gets done. Because you are so anal about you being right. If there was manipulation, I could even make an adjustment factor and multiply 686 by 0.10, and I still get 69, which is still higher than 21. And then you would still insist that factor is too little, and you would be happy only if I come up with an adjustment factor than makes the value less than 21. And then you would be proven right. That would make you happy and so, so right.

I feel sorry for you.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I dont think one single food or drink item is the sole reason behind a countries deaths per million from coronavirus.

There are too many political influences, data manipulation and misrepresentation, and other factors involved.
Okay. That's the level of your thinking.

Hydroxychloroquine and Coronavirus ... Information I GUARANTEE You've Never Heard | Zero Hedge | Zero Hedge

tl;dr: claims the reason hydroxychloroquine(HCQ) + zinc works early in infection is HCQ is a zinc ionophore, allowing zinc to easily enter cell. EGCG is a more powerful zinc ionophore than HCQ. So, take ECGC + Zinc prophylactically.

Interesting, of course an ECGC supplement is going to be mega powerful in comparison to a few cups of green tea.

@yerrag Interesting post :):

Attakai

My landlord is from Taiwan. He told me how everyone was staying indoors, wearing masks, the government delivered food to everyone etc when the pandemic initially started spreading there.
They nipped it in the bud more or less.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Interesting, of course an ECGC supplement is going to be mega powerful in comparison to a few cups of green tea.

@yerrag Interesting post :):
Thank you. That was a nice link. It came from the same author, George Washington!

OP
yerrag

yerrag

My landlord is from Taiwan. He told me how everyone was staying indoors, wearing masks, the government delivered food to everyone etc when the pandemic initially started spreading there.
They nipped it in the bud more or less.
They sure did. It makes a big difference to be ahead of the game. It was a good thing they didn't have to wait for the WHO to give them wrong instructions. The WHO is a political organization, to say it kindly (criminal organization is more like it). Besides, the WHO didn't want to have anything to do with Taiwan. Lucky for Taiwan.

Other than Taiwan, there are still a lot of countries in Asia who did well. Taiwan took precautions but had no lockdown policy. Japan couldn't really make a full lockdown. Lockdowns were voluntary, and I'm told by a travel guide to Japan that Japan's infection rate was higher (relative to S Korea and Taiwan) because some nightlife (bars and massage) were still open, and people from areas with stricter lockdowns went all the way to enjoy their evenings in areas with no lockdowns. Still, Japan is doing well by Western standards.

opson123

yerrag, you need to take a good look at how you react to people questioning you. You get defensive, aggressive, you look down on them, you start questioning their intelligence.

If you just want to be right, and only want back-patting yes men to reply to you, then good luck with that.

michael94

I was reading an old thread on the Calcium Therapy institute, they make toothbrushes and calcium-zinc strips for helping remineralize dentin directly ( not too expensive ). I found them a very nice source of zinc on occasion, while also being useful for oral health. I can recommend the toothbrush and calcium strips, not so much the "chips" as they are kind of awkward to use and end up getting wasted. But the strips are extremely convenient and helpful. I felt the zinc is extremely bioavailable as well.

Calcium Strips – Calcium Therapy Institute
Dental Help? Calcium Therapy Institute

I do like tea ( especially pu-erh ) but my feeling with tea is that it kind of pauses "structuring" in your body, if I could use that term. I understand why Dr. Peat would not recommend it widely, based on my experiences. In the case of pu-erh, the catechins and tannins are either changed or destroyed, to which degree I'm really not sure. You can read a bit about it here.

Pu-Erh Tea Relaxes the Thoracic Aorta of Rats by Reducing Intracellular Calcium.)

Also I found this

"Our results indicated that extracts from Puer and black tea were more potent than that from green or oolong teas in their inhibitory activities against 3CLPro"

Inhibition of SARS-CoV 3C-like Protease Activity by Theaflavin-3,3′-digallate (TF3)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom