The Ancestral Indigenous Diet: A Whole Foods Meat-Based Carnivore Diet

OP
F

FoodForeal

What do you think of grain fed milk vs 100% grass fed milk?
I only drink raw 100% grass fed milk. Cows shouldn't be fed grains, they should live in their natural environment (even unconfined during winter) where they have access to their native diet and can select which plants they wish to consume from a diversely seeded pasture based on their cravings.

aniciete

I only drink raw 100% grass fed milk. Cows shouldn't be fed grains, they should live in their natural environment (even unconfined during winter) where they have access to their native diet and can select which plants they wish to consume from a diversely seeded pasture based on their cravings.
Yeah I agree. Do you think a2/a2 is important? My only options for milk atm is raw grass fed Jersey crossed with holsteins or grain fed raw goat milk. I tried the goat milk and it’s been making me sneeze which tells me some of the allergens from grain contaminated the milk.

OP
F

FoodForeal

Yeah I agree. Do you think a2/a2 is important? My only options for milk atm is raw grass fed Jersey crossed with holsteins or grain fed raw goat milk. I tried the goat milk and it’s been making me sneeze which tells me some of the allergens from grain contaminated the milk.
From what I understand a2/a2 is from cows that were not excessively bred for quantity/volume of milk. As cows were bred to produce more milk volume, the selection for quality decreased causing the beta-casein protein to be more inflammatory containing both a1 and a2 beta-casein. I might be wrong about that. If so somebody correct me, that's just what I've gathered but I haven't researched too much since my current milk is working fine for me. I haven't experimented with a2 milk but if I find a source I will probably choose that over my current producer, or at least test it to see if it tastes better.

L

Lord Cola

Frank Tufano looks like a ghoul, not good for a diet youtuber.

Dutchie

It's still amazing to me how people seem to dote on Frank Tufano.
Back in the day,before his YouTube 'fame', he used to pick fights all the time with everyone in a carnivore group. He became rude when one wouldn't agree with him.

The guy is a quack....he only wants to become 'the next health guru', wanting to be worshipped by the gullible YouTube masses imo. (low selfesteem much...)

RollingStone

Yes, a diet based on quality animal foods and lots of the right kinds of fats is more in line with our biology and ancestry. You're talking to the ray peat forum though, where many believe we should eat more sugar and less fat and that things like ice cream and mexican coke are health foods.

OP
F

FoodForeal

Yes, a diet based on quality animal foods and lots of the right kinds of fats is more in line with our biology and ancestry. You're talking to the ray peat forum though, where many believe we should eat more sugar and less fat and that things like ice cream and mexican coke are health foods.
Yeah I don't think there's anywhere in the wild that you can find anything like ice cream and mexican coke. I still make ice cream though because I can use raw milk, raw cream, and raw honey or organic maple syrup so it's pretty healthy and tastes good which is probably the best indicator of whether something is healthy as long as you don't allow excess consumption to cause imbalances. The ability to cook/combine foods is a double edged sword but can create superfood if you remain true to nature.

ampersand

Yeah I don't think there's anywhere in the wild that you can find anything like ice cream and mexican coke. I still make ice cream though because I can use raw milk, raw cream, and raw honey or organic maple syrup so it's pretty healthy and tastes good which is probably the best indicator of whether something is healthy as long as you don't allow excess consumption to cause imbalances. The ability to cook/combine foods is a double edged sword but can create superfood if you remain true to nature.
I think I remember reading somewhere that human breast milk has similar macronutrient ratios to ice cream.

Aha! Here... Ice Cream vs. Human Breast Milk - 180 Degree Health

OP
F

FoodForeal

OP
F

FoodForeal

Jennifer

I've bought from them before, particularly their coconut products. This was roughly 10 years ago when the site was still Tropical Traditions so I'm not sure how the company is now, but I was happy with their products back then.

ursidae

Frank Tufano has been eating Grant Generux's low vitamin A diet for a long time. Despite making 40 diet updates per month and talking about himself incessantly, he refuses to talk about his hypervitaminosis A, blames everything on the heme iron and I find that grating. Maybe he obfuscates because his followers will be distraught at the fact that he's been recommending massive amounts of liver to them for years and that's not something they can fix with 2-3 blood donations but would require them to eat a bland white diet for 3 years.

Claims he's eating the foods he's eating because of his iron overload and liver issues, yet he's cooking in cast iron cookware, drinking alcohol rich kefir to the point of intoxication and eating red meat every day. Its very clear that the main purpose of his diet is to avoid retinol and carotenoids and all his "day of eating" are straight out of the Garrett smith/Genereux forum diet templates. The excuse that he's not eating butter because it has too much calcium (barely any) is BS.

ursidae

Frank Tufano no longer eats a carnivore diet because of chronic iron overload that he developed from eating a red meat based diet.

He has done videos where he talked about zinc-induced copper deficiency leading to pathological iron storage in the tissue.

He seems to have fixed that problem by frequent blood donations and copper supplementation. But it took him a pretty long time.

He now eats whole grains, vegetables, legumes, lean meats.. basically a mixed diet. (which is pretty identical to my diet haha)

He inspired me to get blood work done (Full Monty Iron Panel) and I indeed also have zinc-induced copper deficiency. Coming from the carnivore-background myself, I was eating on average 2 lbs of lean beef a day.
it's identical to your diet because he's purposely eating Low A, but he refuses to talk about it

RollingStone

it's identical to your diet because he's purposely eating Low A, but he refuses to talk about it
I've also noticed this. I've asked him more than once on his live streams if he's doing a low-A diet (which seems pretty obvious if you look at what he eats) and he never responds. I'm sure he has probably come across Dr. Garrett Smith and Grant Genereux's stuff in his research and his dealing with liver damage from accutane.

ursidae

I've also noticed this. I've asked him more than once on his live streams if he's doing a low-A diet (which seems pretty obvious if you look at what he eats) and he never responds. I'm sure he has probably come across Dr. Garrett Smith and Grant Genereux's stuff in his research and his dealing with liver damage from accutane.
He made a dismissive video about genereux and vitamin A toxicity while he was still on the carnivore diet and eating pounds of liver every day. Insisted that it kept his clear skin and toxicity from natural sources is impossible. Can't find the video so he might have deleted it once he started eating the beef rice beans meals. Be careful, if you ask too many times you might get shadow banned

Vileplume

Hey @FoodForeal, what are your favorite fruits to eat? Do you notice a difference in how you feel between eating whole fruits, vs just drinking fresh fruit juice?

OP
F

FoodForeal

Hey @FoodForeal, what are your favorite fruits to eat? Do you notice a difference in how you feel between eating whole fruits, vs just drinking fresh fruit juice?
I haven't drunk fresh fruit juice in a long time, not because I don't feel I should, just that I haven't gotten around to doing it. I often eat dried fruit, the flavor is more concentrated so it's a tastier snack, but I probably eat more fresh fruit than dried. I do feel better eating the whole fruit whether dried or fresh than fruit juice though, from what I remember juice making me feel like. It's been a while though.

OP
F

FoodForeal

@Vileplume Just realized I forgot to answer my favorite fruits. Blueberries, dried mangos, apples, oranges, plums, kumquats, apricots, dates, prunes, watermelon, mulberries, cherries, nectarines, all organic of course. There is no instance I can recall where organic tastes the same or worse than conventionally grown fruit.

Dried goji berries seemed to have an interesting positive effect on my health although they aren't one of my favorite fruits in terms of taste or mouthfeel. Maybe they are high in a certain nutrient.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Not long ago the sheepoid here contacted this guy with suggestions that he could test and later apply to his store, everything was detailed and backed up. The replies were brief and disdainful, but also defensive, paranoic and hostile. I thought that this kind of behavior in him could be reserved for haters, but apparently not. Gratuitous animosity, there was nothing impolite in them.

Character and intention aside, the quality of the products seem questionable considering that in one video ("Scammed") he discussed purchases of ingredients and it appeared to be done in quite an informal manner.

RollingStone

Interestingly I made a comment on one of Tufano's recent videos about how he pretty clearly seems to be following a low vitamin-A diet and mentioned Dr. Smith and Genereux. My comment disappeared and this may well be coincidence but in his next video shortly after, he talked about how he was having some trouble triggered by 'bot spam' in the comments that didn't make it through and how he was thinking about what sounded like giving up and quitting youtube or something.

It's pretty ironic that he goes on about how others plagiarize and steal his ideas and work without giving him credit when he may be doing just the same.

I thought about buying stuff from this guy once, but I no longer think that I would trust him.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals