The Amazing and Mighty Ginger

Sefton10

Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects (2nd edition).

Chapter 7: The Amazing and Mighty Ginger

The primary purpose of this chapter is to comprehensively examine the available scientific evidence regarding ginger’s proven effectiveness in preventing or treating a variety of pathologic conditions.

Attachments

• B90B5278-0C60-46A9-A8EA-CDBC548D26FD.jpeg
    B90B5278-0C60-46A9-A8EA-CDBC548D26FD.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 31C6D0E2-ABCA-40C8-91B0-D1CFF8E067C1.jpeg
    31C6D0E2-ABCA-40C8-91B0-D1CFF8E067C1.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 51

Vanset

I just get uncomfortably hot after eating ginger with a warm meal, with stronger and faster heartbeat.

Gotta be careful with ginger if you are an “O” blood type because it is a blood thinner. Eat K foods to balance it.

Vanset

If someone wants to burn like a furnace for a few hours. Red lentils. Cook until soft and let them absorb water. Add salt and powdered ginger while cooking. Eat warm. I don't do this anymore because sometimes I'm too hot to sleep.

Grapelander

Great stuff in this study !!!
"[6]-gingerol was reported to dose-dependently inhibit NO production and reduce iNOS in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated mouse macrophages"
"Ginger extract has been reported to exert radioprotective effects in mice exposed to gamma radiation"
"The most common and well-established use of ginger throughout history is probably its utilization in alleviating symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Ginger root is commonly recommended for preventing seasickness (Schmid et al. 1994) and is found to be superior to dimenhydrinate (Dramamine)."
"Studies suggest that ginger compounds suppress proliferation of human cancer cells through the induction of apoptosis"
"Components of ginger rhizomes are reported to contain potent compounds capable of suppressing allergic reactions and might be useful for the treatment and prevention of allergic diseases"
"Ulcerative colitis is a chronically recurrent inflammatory bowel disease of unknown origin, and in rats, ginger extract alleviated the symptoms of acetic acid-induced ulcerative colitis".

Runenight201

Are the special ginger strips they use for sushi special in any way or are those just raw ginger cut up?

OP
Sefton10

Sefton10

I just get uncomfortably hot after eating ginger with a warm meal, with stronger and faster heartbeat.
I’d say that’s a good sign. Ginger is pro-thyroid.

Can

I used to drink Ginger tea a lot and liked it - but started experiencing some negative effects as well. I sometimes tend to be on the lower side with blood pressure and Ginger can lower bp as far as I know. I don't know if that is the reason, but it came to a point where consuming Ginger generally makes me feel uncomfortable. I think this has to do with my current individual health situation, because I used to be able to consume it without problems. It feels like a very powerful food, and I will incorporate it once I can tolerate it better again.

Can

Great stuff in this study !!!
"[6]-gingerol was reported to dose-dependently inhibit NO production and reduce iNOS in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated mouse macrophages"
"Ginger extract has been reported to exert radioprotective effects in mice exposed to gamma radiation"
"The most common and well-established use of ginger throughout history is probably its utilization in alleviating symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Ginger root is commonly recommended for preventing seasickness (Schmid et al. 1994) and is found to be superior to dimenhydrinate (Dramamine)."
"Studies suggest that ginger compounds suppress proliferation of human cancer cells through the induction of apoptosis"
"Components of ginger rhizomes are reported to contain potent compounds capable of suppressing allergic reactions and might be useful for the treatment and prevention of allergic diseases"
"Ulcerative colitis is a chronically recurrent inflammatory bowel disease of unknown origin, and in rats, ginger extract alleviated the symptoms of acetic acid-induced ulcerative colitis".

Really interesting! Didn't know there are foods that have radioprotective effects tbh. This makes me wonder what other herbs/foods (besides individual nutrients) have such effects. Is there maybe a thread on this forum, that collects knowledge on herbs, spices or food effects in general (including their side effects/downsides)?

Grapelander

Really interesting! Didn't know there are foods that have radioprotective effects tbh. This makes me wonder what other herbs/foods (besides individual nutrients) have such effects. Is there maybe a thread on this forum, that collects knowledge on herbs, spices or food effects in general (including their side effects/downsides)?
This is a good thread: Radiation Damage Information

AlaskaJono

Seaweed. One of my Acu teachers Kiiko Matsumoto said that her teacher treated 1000s in Japan after the H-Bombs. Eating lots of seaweed for some days/weeks helped people to survive and heal.

Also Lugol's solution. USDA states something like 400mcg daily is enough. More is toxic. But if treating for radiation then well over 100mg is fine for 10 days.

I love ginger, make tea with it. Cook with it. Make a gingercello with it. Ginger Garlic Chicken! MMMMMmmmmmm. Great for digestion, it is a component 6-15%) of multiple herb formulas in TCM herbal medicines for this reason.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals