"The Actual Cure For Male Pattern Baldness"

fathom

what about topically in a bottle of ethanol?
It dissolves in water like salt and can be sprayed through a minoxidil type bottle. I do it a few times a week a little while before a shower. It tingles a bit like magnesium oil does. Spray potassium bicarbonate on and magnesium oil on afterward on top of it and you have yourself a party on your head.

Kenny

Based on everything i am reading. All signs point to too much vitamin a being the problem or something related to its metabolism and its interaction with fatty acids or even vdr in the skin cause it To be detrimental to hair on the scalp
@GorillaHead

I read that vitamin A lowers excess 5a reductase and increases androgens while lowering the "end-of-chain" hormones like DHT. I think low vit A is definitely a player in MPB but it's involved in extremely complicated biochemical processes so IDK if it's safe to supplement. It can greatly increases oxidative stress, iron/PUFA-related damage, blood pressure, etc. if your system can't handle it.

wait so I’m confused is vitamin a something we want more or less of

tim333

Henry choy has some work (detumescence therapy), if you success to transform your scalp tissue marshmellow softness, it will regrowth completely, but it need to very much time and hard dicipline. I massage 40min every day, scalp tissue turning white. I tested pufa. yesterday, I eat some sunflower seed, My scalp turned fibrosis and itchy. pufa is real poison. first of all pufa must be eliminated. hormones and medications don't work after a meanwhile, because body show resistance. the equation and answers are so complex. But there is a result. the result is degenerate/tight/fibrin tissue. If we take enough calorie and eliminate inflamattive food (ray diet) and correct method massage will lead to good result.
I do a brief massage, if I did 40 mins I would have a lot of scalp injury and redness. Good luck and hope you see results.

I do have a thought on this, and I've been trying to put together more evidence for this, but it seems that testosterone may be good for the hair, while dihydrotestosterone causes the damage. As we know finasteride and dutasteride significantly lower scalp DHT levels, but raise scalp testosterone levels. . The European drug Permixin which is saw palmetto, was shown to work as well by increasing scalp testosterone levels. A study in 1975 by Christopher Papa, showed increased hair growth in 65% of the subjects by applying topical testosterone. I know Danny Roddy has a before and after picture of one of the subjects and one of his articles. So if vitamin A antagonizes androgen receptors, it may be lowering the scalp testosterone level, causing more hair loss. Teenage boys and young men with high testosterone levels usually have pretty thick hair. As they get older into their early twenties, I think a lot of men become hypogonadal through certain activities ;-) and begin using more adrenal steroids such as DHEA and androstenedione, and they become deficient in testicular pure testosterone.
It appears that the ratio of pure testosterone to DHT might be an issue. Or just DHT binding in low testosterone States. I think the prostate and the hair follicles want testosterone, but in a low testosterone State dht ends up binding to The receptors and expressing. I have read that older men have higher DHT to testosterone ratio, that is why they grow hair an unwanted places such as the back and ears. This may be due to high total estrogen levels that antagonize the adrenals to produce more DHT and Androstedione.
Sounds plausible, yeah testosterone competes for androgen receptor sites with DHT. Also vD and vK boost testosterone and excess vA creates deficiencies of both but I'm sure it causes hairloss in quite a few different ways.

Depends on your vA status but for 99.99999% of us in wealthier nations we want less of it.

tim333

Apparently Chinese and Korean men tend to have lower levels of DHT.... when they live in Asia. When they come to the US their DHT rises to match the rest of the population and from what I've heard their hair loss increases.

Koreans have less hair loss than Japanese who have less hair loss than Americans. Koreans have less retinol intake than Japanese who have less retinol intake than Americans.

In this study, the mean vitamin A intake is in line with vitamin A intakes of Koreans aged 19 to 64 years (787.9 ± 30.1 µg RE/day) reported in the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2008, (KNHANES IV-2) (n = 4,816) [24]. However, the mean intake was lower than that of 24 to 67-year-old Japanese adults (1,175 ± 659 µg RE/day) (n = 53) [25], and was much lower than that demonstrated by the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), 1999-2000, for the US population (n = 4239) aged over 20 years (744.67 µg RAE/day) [26]. The mean retinol intake from this study (175.92 ± 129.87 µg/day) was relatively lower than those of US adults (490 µg/day) in the NHANES, 1999-2000, (n = 4239) [26] and 19 to 64 year-old UK adults (462 µg/day) in the National Diet & Nutrition Survey (NDNS), 2000-2001 (n = 1724) [27].

Vitamin A status of 20- to 59-year-old adults living in Seoul and the metropolitan area, Korea

Runenight201

I’ve become increasingly concerned about my AGA as I’ve noticed over the past couple months that my hairline has been receding further and I shouldn’t ignore the issue anymore. I looked at my high school senior photo and I noticed that I had a Norwood 0-.5 hairline, and that it’s progressed over the years to now probably what I would say a Norwood 1.5 or 2. What’s more concerning is that my hair isn’t as thick and healthy as I’ve seen it in the past, which is upsetting because I’ve done things in the past where I’ve been shocked at how healthy it’s looked. I need to cut my hair much less frequently now, and I also need to cut my nails much less frequently as well, all signs that my extremity tissue growth isn’t happening.

A couple things I notice is that as of late I have dandruff, hair is dry, and my scalp hurts. Giving vigorous scalp massages usually is slightly painful and accompanied by shedding hairs. I remember in high school I would vigorously rub my head while cleaning my hair and I never once noticed hair shed. It wasn’t until 22-23 when I began noticing a lot of hairs in the shower.

I’m in general feeling malnourished these days, like I’m just not getting sufficient quality calories. I’m weak essentially, with my legs and arms feeling like they don’t have strength through them. I believe all these things to be correlated with a general malnourishment of my body.

Anyone have any good oil/tonic recommendations for scalp massages? I’m thinking perhaps a peppermint/rosemary oil mixed with perhaps Salicylic Acid to calm down this scalp inflammation I’m feeling when I rub my head. I’m going to be directly upping my protein intake over the next couple days as well through milk, egg whites, and sausages and lowering starch consumption (but not eliminating), to see how it affects hair quality.

johnwester130

back to the topic of mold, this explain it well

"
Malassezia yeast is inexorably related to the inflammation (folliculitis) that causes hair shedding, hair miniaturization, and hair loss in AGA. It is also directly implicated in dandruff and sebborheic dermatitis. In a nutshell Malasszia wreaks its havoc on hair by using lipase enzymes to break down sebum, causing production of Arachadonic acid. Arachadonic acid is an inflammation precursor, leading to the creation and cascade of inflammatory enzymes that have well established roles in the miniaturization of the hair follicle and the constriction of the vasculature seen in virtually all cases of AGA.
"

mrchibbs

It's a function of your thyroid function, since most sick people are hypothyroid, you probably need very little vitamin A, especially on a diet including fortified dairy. As metabolism improves, and in summer with sunlight exposure especially, requirements for vA can increase tremendously and turnover can be very high. At the moment it's winter though so it's unlikely that it's a big need.

JDreamer

I’ve become increasingly concerned about my AGA as I’ve noticed over the past couple months that my hairline has been receding further and I shouldn’t ignore the issue anymore. I looked at my high school senior photo and I noticed that I had a Norwood 0-.5 hairline, and that it’s progressed over the years to now probably what I would say a Norwood 1.5 or 2. What’s more concerning is that my hair isn’t as thick and healthy as I’ve seen it in the past, which is upsetting because I’ve done things in the past where I’ve been shocked at how healthy it’s looked. I need to cut my hair much less frequently now, and I also need to cut my nails much less frequently as well, all signs that my extremity tissue growth isn’t happening.

A couple things I notice is that as of late I have dandruff, hair is dry, and my scalp hurts. Giving vigorous scalp massages usually is slightly painful and accompanied by shedding hairs. I remember in high school I would vigorously rub my head while cleaning my hair and I never once noticed hair shed. It wasn’t until 22-23 when I began noticing a lot of hairs in the shower.

I’m in general feeling malnourished these days, like I’m just not getting sufficient quality calories. I’m weak essentially, with my legs and arms feeling like they don’t have strength through them. I believe all these things to be correlated with a general malnourishment of my body.

Anyone have any good oil/tonic recommendations for scalp massages? I’m thinking perhaps a peppermint/rosemary oil mixed with perhaps Salicylic Acid to calm down this scalp inflammation I’m feeling when I rub my head. I’m going to be directly upping my protein intake over the next couple days as well through milk, egg whites, and sausages and lowering starch consumption (but not eliminating), to see how it affects hair quality.

I wouldn't be rubbing the scalp if it's already inflamed. You're just layering attempting acute inflammation on top of the inflammation that's already taken over.

johnwester130

hello. I have recently become obsessed with something called Malassezia and how to kill it.

It literally turns your sebum into PUFA, and therefore stress and inflammation follow.

The best products to kill it would be

kingsley scalp tonic, -
ducray dandruff lotion.
waterclouds tonic also looks good

these contain piroctone olamine and zinc. another good choice is climbazole

Avoid shampoos, go for the direct ingredient in a bottle of alcohol.

Years ago someone said on hairlosstalk that baldness is the same process as acne

Last edited:

Orion

hello. I have recently become obsessed with something called Malassezia and how to kill it.

It literally turns your sebum into PUFA, and therefore stress and inflammation follow.

The best products to kill it would be

kingsley scalp tonic, -
ducray dandruff lotion.
waterclouds tonic also looks good

these contain piroctone olamine and zinc. another good choice is climbazole

Avoid shampoos, go for the direct ingredient in a bottle of alcohol.

Years ago someone said on hairlosstalk that baldness is the same process as acne

Read that borax(boron) topical could be helpful as well. Hydrogen peroxide too, but some reports it is not good for hair follicles, maybe just on face.

Archon

When you mention wounding and prostaglandins protocol you mean microneedling like therapy and anti-inflammatory protocols like danny roddy/,aspirin etc?
https://www.samumed.com/medium/image/gordon-research-conference-wnt-signaling-08062017_152/view.aspx

And check the links i posted before that were hair related like 1 page before.

samumed is by far the most valuable med company that hasn’t sold a single product yet.

i am usually very sceptical about „cures“, but I am a bit hopeful about those guys. Aga is just one of many fields they are working on. They see everything energy/metabolism related and im pretty sure are market leading when it comes to wnt (opening/inhibiting)

Regarding sfrp1 there is already way:

n addition, WAY-316606 is highly selective against other closely related SFRP family members (SFRP2 and SFRP5). For example, at 2 μM, WAY-316606 inhibits SFRP1 activity by about 40%, whereas SFRP2 and SFRP5 activity is only inhibited by about 5% and about 2%, respectively [26]. Moreover, this Wnt disinhibition technique may be a safer long-term therapeutic strategy for stimulating β-catenin activity in the human HF. Because inhibiting SFRP1 by WAY-316606 only facilitates Wnt signalling through ligands that are already present in the human HF, this ‘ligand-limited’ strategy for promoting human hair growth may circumvent potential oncological risks typically associated with β-catenin stabilisation"

tl;dr:

Synergistic with wounding and the prostaglandin protocol or on its own or in combination with PGE2. As SFRP1 inhibition is another approach to open WNT signaling beyond GSK3ß or DKK1 inhibition. WNT helps regenerating the lacking progenitor cells (CD34 & CD200), and to quote an old finding from Cots:

"When cells move in to close a wound, they are trying to make a decision: Should I make epidermis or should I make a hair? If there is a lot of Wnt around, they choose to become hair follicles. - Cotsarelis 2008"

BrianF

Based on everything i am reading. All signs point to too much vitamin a being the problem or something related to its metabolism and its interaction with fatty acids or even vdr in the skin cause it To be detrimental to hair on the scalp
My own experience tells me that good levels of vitamin a, through liver consumption (ok, could be a some other factors at play here such as copper, B vits) makes a huge difference to
my scalp with much less sebum being produced and a cessation of shedding.

hunchoz

My own experience tells me that good levels of vitamin a, through liver consumption (ok, could be a some other factors at play here such as copper, B vits) makes a huge difference to
my scalp with much less sebum being produced and a cessation of shedding.
did liver hellp your hair or cause thinning

BrianF

Liver has never harmed my hair, in fact since I have consumed liver, my hair loss has been arrested.

keytothecity

Based on my theory this study backs up the idea why accutane cause hair-loss. It increases free fatty acids when there is too much retinol https://www.jlr.org/content/10/4/395.full.pdf

A case of type 1 diabetes represented by diabetic ketoacidosis after isotretinoin therapy: is it a result or coincidence? | ECE2013

Lin the next few weeks I’ll be revamping my theory on hairloss aga specifically and how it fits all into my previous thoughts I’ve mentioned in other threads.

this is all about finding the weak link in the chain. Scientist have been looking far too deep into the reaction pathway. However it has allowed me to piece together a lot of things.

I want to say it may also be insulin dysfunction and then the AR protects and as a side effect causes hairloss.

asians which are way less likely to bald then white people are disproportionally more likely to develop diabetes mainly on a western diet

What ever it is. Fats. Sugar. Energy metabolism are at the center of AGA. Whatever exact reaction happens leads to low grade Inflammation then endothelial dysfunction. Progressive hair thinning. Calcification. Fibrosis and ultimately an awful patch of skin on our heads.
do you, or any1 else, have an idea by which mechanism accutane could cause lichen planopilaris and then diffuse hairloss (even sides) as well as body hair loss and itch?

i know some1 who has that. he is trying several meds and immune suppressors seem to work best

BrianF

I read on Nathan Hatch's book that he lost hair after supplenting vitamin a, which he strongly warns against as a supplement. He claims that synthetic A will release a huge amount of iron from the body tissues and this will cause hairloss. Accutane is a massive dose of synthetic vitamin a.