"The Actual Cure For Male Pattern Baldness"

JDreamer

If progesterone reduce sebum that means that i have high pregesterone,cause after quiting propecia i had never again produce oil in my face neither my scalp,along with the rest damage.

I mean it's possible based on my limited understanding. I don't think it's likely that you'd be a male with elevated progesterone to the point it prevented sebum entirely - at least not without some type of wild hormone tinkering.

I'd be willing to bet your lack of sebum is related to the damage Propecia did on your ability to produce DHT (see my prior post about it's relationship to sebum). Lack of sebum is a known PFS symptom: Post-Finasteride Syndrome

outcast1979

I mean it's possible based on my limited understanding. I don't think it's likely that you'd be a male with elevated progesterone to the point it prevented sebum entirely - at least not without some type of wild hormone tinkering.

I'd be willing to bet your lack of sebum is related to the damage Propecia did on your ability to produce DHT (see my prior post about it's relationship to sebum). Lack of sebum is a known PFS symptom: Post-Finasteride Syndrome
Any way to reverse this,all those years sebum is not existent.I do body building from 20 years old,when i took finasteride i was 25 from this time till now i am 41 years old, the sebum is not existent.My power energy and muscles are great,never have a problem with those things.The problem is mentally and sexually,what irony to be lean and mascular and have depression and sexual problems.

JDreamer

Any way to reverse this,all those years sebum is not existent.I do body building from 20 years old,when i took finasteride i was 25 from this time till now i am 41 years old, the sebum is not existent.My power energy and muscles are great,never have a problem with those things.The problem is mentally and sexually,what irony to be lean and mascular and have depression and sexual problems.

I would start with this thread and see if there are any clues: Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

LLight

Knockout of Cyp26a1 and Cyp26b1 during post-natal life causes reduced lifespan, dermatitis, splenomegaly and systemic inflammation in mice

"In adults, inhibition of Cyp26a1 and Cyp26b1 increases atRA concentrations and signaling. However, post-natal knockout of Cyp26a1 does not cause a severe phenotype. We hypothesized that Cyp26b1 is the main atRA clearing Cyp in post-natal mammals. [...]
There were significant changes in vitamin A homeostasis demonstrating the paramount role of Cyp26b1 in regulating retinoid homeostasis in post-natal life."​

Altered Gene Expression in Circulating Immune Cells Following a 24-Hour Passive Dehydration

"Significantly upregulated genes after 24 hours of fluid restriction:
CYP26B1 -> log2FoldChange = 7.72
p- value (adjusted) = 0.00021828"​

But in immune cells.

Reminds me the experience of user Scenes:

In the last 2 months I’ve lost all that weight, improved my skin and hair pretty markedly and recovered my erectile functioning to what I would consider very good. The main key has been drastically reducing my fluid intake. I have stopped coffee, milk, juice and reduced my fruit consumption to once a day max. The key for me wasn’t diet, but fluids.

I drink water mostly, 3-4 glasses a day, and always with a meal. This has improved my blood volume and circulation, helped my skin and hugely improved my sensitivity downstairs. Once or twice a week I drink 8 glasses of water a day, just to rehydrate the body and help remove wastes. On that day, I notice I am colder through the day and at night, but it’s fine by the next morning, and I go back to very warm and comfortable with warm feet and hands by reducing to 3-4 glasses in a day with meals.

The other thing I do which helps me sleep well and stay warm is I wear a thick pair of socks to bed. Never done this before, but I like it. I’m waking up super warm and can walk around the house in cold weather first thing in the morning no problem.

My hair is thicker than it has been in 10 years, my skin is clearer and brighter and my energy levels are much more stable. I don’t post here much but most of my posts have been around MPB or erectile dysfunction, and I’m serious when I say I have had huge improvements in both those areas. No regrowth on hairline, but the wispy hairs are much thicker, stand up taller and look healthier.

Last edited:

GorillaHead

So manipulating vitamin A levels can determine if hair follicles grow or shrink?

We know that vitamin A can be very hair toxic for sure - one of accutane(isotretinoin)'s main side effects is shedding hair

yes is male pattern baldness high levels of retinoic acid? Why? Do the sebaceous glands and the fattty acids Or even pufa increase retinoic acid. In the skin? Hmm

If retinoids increase skin turnover does that mean they are a cause of dandruff? And does that mean vitamin D can solve dandruff by reducing retinoids in the skin if it even does that?

uv destroys retinol. Perhaps thats why uv treatment works for psoriasis. I notice i dont get dandruff i am out in the sun.

this is starting to make me think this is a big player in hairloss and dandruff

Last edited:

JDreamer

yes is male pattern baldness high levels of retinoic acid? Why? Do the sebaceous glands and the fattty acids Or even pufa increase retinoic acid. In the skin? Hmm

If retinoids increase skin turnover does that mean they are a cause of dandruff? And does that mean vitamin D can solve dandruff by reducing retinoids in the skin if it even does that?

uv destroys retinol. Perhaps thats why uv treatment works for psoriasis. I notice i dont get dandruff i am out in the sun.

this is starting to make me think this is a big player in hairloss and dandruff

My father owns a car wash and has been working out in the sun for 40 years. He has lost 75% of his hair in that time.

He also had prostate cancer and had it taken out.

GorillaHead

My father owns a car wash and has been working out in the sun for 40 years. He has lost 75% of his hair in that time.

He also had prostate cancer and had it taken out.

Well ya i know of kelly slater sun everyday still lost his hair. But i wonder if they were vitamin a deficient. U need vitamin a but not too much from what i seem to be noticing.

I find it also interesting that retinol binding protein 4 is elevated in pcos and i think systemic sclerosis as well

Ableton

I got rid of my dandruff the first time in idk how long since hopping on b vits, a, k, d
I have 2 mini psoriasis spots that are completely gone as well

sun did not do that for me

Ableton

classic mpb area = galea = tendon

tendon + fibrosis (+bacteria/funghi/inflammation) = no hair

I think this is the anatomic reason we lose hair on our head but nowhere else. The threshold for hair loss is a lot lower if it grows on a tendon - regardless of what starts the hairloss cascade

Summer

Do you guys experiencing hair loss sweat easily? I don’t. My scalp practically never gets sweaty, even after working out. I feel like it might be crucial to detox via sweating.

Ableton

Do you guys experiencing hair loss sweat easily? I don’t. My scalp practically never gets sweaty, even after working out. I feel like it might be crucial to detox via sweating.
same. i noticed that when i eventually shaved my head.
I practically do not sweat on my scalp, yet my forehead can be a waterfall at the same time

Kenny

I noticed I sweat a lot in the Norwood areas, generally though it has to be pretty hot for me to work up a sweat

Summer

same. i noticed that when i eventually shaved my head.
I practically do not sweat on my scalp, yet my forehead can be a waterfall at the same time

Very odd isn’t it?

I noticed I sweat a lot in the Norwood areas, generally though it has to be pretty hot for me to work up a sweat

Is it just in the Norwood areas?

Ableton

tried topical lugols/iodine yesterday after dermarolling. result: my head is EXTREMELY warm for 24 hours already, as if I was sitting in the sun all day.
I do feel hyper though, even having some heart palpitations, so probably not the healthiest approach...

this metabolic marker + the fact that iodine has anti fibrotic effects in itself makes me think this is quite effective but who knows. might have to discontinue due to palpitations or drastically lower dosage